When 9 wins a year isn't the whole story.

NUpolo8

We were literally down to our 2nd team offense, and even 3rd guys at some positions, outside of our running backs.

Yea, this made me laugh. I wasn't aware Abdullah was our 2nd string RB.

A lot more funny when you ignore the context.

The point still stands that the word literally does not fit here. It "literally" has to be the most inaccurately used word in the American vernacular.

i am a little late, but this is where we are now? "hey, yeah, we lost four games again, but minny and iowa were better than expected!" maybe they were, but should we still not be better than them? i truly believe that our facilities alone should get us 9 wins, especially with our schedule. i am afraid we are starting to seeing a real slide into mediocrity and lowering our standards if we can accept that iowa and minny are just good teams and we can't expect to beat all the 'good' (anyone we lose to) teams on our schedule.

Pretty much this. Nebraska is getting ready to spend an amount of money that is 70% of Minnesota's budget for its football team for better sound and wifi in Memorial Stadium. But Minnesota is better than awful, so no worries that Nebraska lost to them.

i am waiting for the, "well stanford lost to utah... parity!", argument. because the point stands. there is a difference between having letdown games that blemish a great season and consistently losing 4 games. and the losses are mostly either to inferior opponents or getting blown out by a good team.

the four loses come from the fundamental problems this program has have over the last few years. it is the most tangible and easily to point out manifestation of those persistent problems. that is why they are meaningful and different than other programs we hope to emulate.

And how awesome to use the Westerkamp catch to infer how "lucky" Pelini might be to still have his job instead of celebrating for the kids the memories they will have of that and how that game seems to be when things started to really click for the defense as a unit. Nice.

Good Lord man, pump your brakes. I'm happy the team won that game, but I'm also capable of pointing out how lucky several people were with that game going the way it did. It doesn't make me some unhappy hater. Christ.

• Fire 2

And how awesome to use the Westerkamp catch to infer how "lucky" Pelini might be to still have his job instead of celebrating for the kids the memories they will have of that and how that game seems to be when things started to really click for the defense as a unit. Nice.

Good Lord man, pump your brakes. I'm happy the team won that game, but I'm also capable of pointing out how lucky several people were with that game going the way it did. It doesn't make me some unhappy hater. Christ.

yeah, man. why can't you just be happy for the kids!

but, really, how should we feel for them when they are embarrassed on national tv because their coaches failed to create a viable game plan and prepare them?

as far as the defense clicking: 1. it was the beginning of the last third of the season, some time to start clicking. 2. we were entering a stretch of some bad offenses and still gave up a lot of points.

yeah, man. why can't you just be happy for the kids!

but, really, how should we feel for them when they are embarrassed on national tv because their coaches failed to create a viable game plan and prepare them?

Or, you know, "Bo cares about these kids! More than winning!"--unless your name is Taylor Martinez and you're hurt, otherwise go out there and be perfect. Execute the process.

have to agree with ny polo here. he is asking reasonable questions to which the answers come off as attacks. and like he said he has seen it every since 2005. I used to drinkbthe kool aid too. even halfway through this year... but every year it's the same pelini squad with new excuses. how many more years is 4 losses going to he acceptable?

I wholeheartedly agree with this.