Huskers picked 3rd in B1G West

robsker

I still say it's a combination of two moments. The Texas game 2010. Probably still the biggest kick in the nuts to the program and fans alike in the Bo Pelini era. Still dont think there's any moment in the now 6 years under Bo Pelini where we went from so confident and so high to so low in a matter of 3 1/2 hours. We were up, back in the top 5. Looking elite. Texas was down. Road kill to step on. This was it. Finally that day to kick Texas in the teeth while theyre keeled over. Still dont think through everything that we've come back from that punch in the gut of swagger and confidence.

And then of course the night in College Station a month later. Bo himself in my opinion has not fully recovered and adjusted from that night. It totally altered the course of his perception as well as the path he had to take behavior wize. I think he's a bit out of his element trying to be this cool guy at times instead of the constant hard-ass, hot-head that i think he'd be much more comfortable being. it's the way he is. But Perlman had to publicly castrate him the next, and Bo himself completely losing control for the better part of 3 hours on primetime, has forced the changes needing to be made in that regard.

These two events still stand out to me. Still not sure we ever will recover.

Man, if we can't recover from that it's time for a change of program voice. I hope you're wrong, Mr. A.

The weird thing to me though is you speak of these things as if they were events that happened to Bo. It's more like they were failures. For all our failures, we got straight up beat by Texas.

And A&M - I agree with you, that was a screw job. But I think it was brought on by Bo's treatment of the refs, and Bo's reaction to everything in game, post-game, and perhaps since...have all contributed to the spiral. I also think things are really looking up, though, and that all of this could be well and behind. We may yet look back on this offseason as the dramatic turning point, the time when Bo emerged from his metamorphosis and kicked off a decade-long run of Nebraska resurgence.....that, or we'll end up wistfully sighing, 'There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.'

• Fire 1

Man, if we can't recover from that it's time for a change of program voice. I hope you're wrong, Mr. A.

Yeah, it's hard to put into words what I really mean. Not that we literally have not recovered or put it behind us, but it just seemed like that after 8 years or so of mediocrity, we were finally ready to take the next step to "back". Seems like there's just been a forcefield of lack-of-swagger and blowouts ever since. Like, not only can we not take that next step, but that we're not even in postition to do so yet. Like we were on the 2nd to top rung of the ladder, got knocked off, and we've spent the last 3 years trying to just get back on the 1st one.

I still say it's a combination of two moments. The Texas game 2010. Probably still the biggest kick in the nuts to the program and fans alike in the Bo Pelini era. Still dont think there's any moment in the now 6 years under Bo Pelini where we went from so confident and so high to so low in a matter of 3 1/2 hours. We were up, back in the top 5. Looking elite. Texas was down. Road kill to step on. This was it. Finally that day to kick Texas in the teeth while theyre keeled over. Still dont think through everything that we've come back from that punch in the gut of swagger and confidence.

And then of course the night in College Station a month later. Bo himself in my opinion has not fully recovered and adjusted from that night. It totally altered the course of his perception as well as the path he had to take behavior wize. I think he's a bit out of his element trying to be this cool guy at times instead of the constant hard-ass, hot-head that i think he'd be much more comfortable being. it's the way he is. But Perlman had to publicly castrate him the next, and Bo himself completely losing control for the better part of 3 hours on primetime, has forced the changes needing to be made in that regard.

These two events still stand out to me. Still not sure we ever will recover.

I do think this too since it's been almost downhill from our last season in the Big 12. I think Bo needs to reinvent himself. If Bo wants to be a players coach that's fine, i would suggest he go to Seattle and get tips from Carroll. He took players that nobody else wanted and created one of the most dominate defenses and made Manning look like an old qb who is past his prime. For the most part when they had the camera on Carroll he was just calm and cool but yes he did have moments chewing out refs but he doesn't let the referees get him out of his game. When things didn't go his way he was patient. I don't think Bo can continue being himself and get to the level he wants to get. With him being here longer i think other schools are shutting the doors on him cause they are seeing a bigger window of him than just a couple of years.

The weird thing to me though is you speak of these things as if they were events that happened to Bo. It's more like they were failures. For all our failures, we got straight up beat by Texas.

And A&M - I agree with you, that was a screw job. But I think it was brought on by Bo's treatment of the refs, and Bo's reaction to everything in game, post-game, and perhaps since...have all contributed to the spiral. I also think things are really looking up, though, and that all of this could be well and behind. We may yet look back on this offseason as the dramatic turning point, the time when Bo emerged from his metamorphosis and kicked off a decade-long run of Nebraska resurgence.....that, or we'll end up wistfully sighing, 'There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.'

+1 for Gandalf.