Huskers picked 3rd in B1G West

robsker

And it's just as easy for a super smart guy like yourself, who knows the definition of "irony" and everything, to go do your homework like a big boy and find them for yourself and not need my help.

"Give a man to fish....Teach a man to fish.....Yada yada yada, lots of fish, etc."

So you got nothing?

I mean if it was so prevalent, it should be like teeball. Just swing kid. You'll hit something.

I'm shocked with as much time as you spend on this board that you're arguing this point. Go through the rumorville threads - the post Iowa threads. 75% of the pro-Bo arguments start with something along the lines of "remember the Callahan days", or "remember what happened last time we fired a 9 win coach" - you know that as well as anyone on this board. Why argue about it?

• Fire 2

And it's just as easy for a super smart guy like yourself, who knows the definition of "irony" and everything, to go do your homework like a big boy and find them for yourself and not need my help.

"Give a man to fish....Teach a man to fish.....Yada yada yada, lots of fish, etc."

So you got nothing?

I mean if it was so prevalent, it should be like teeball. Just swing kid. You'll hit something.

I'm shocked with as much time as you spend on this board that you're arguing this point. Go through the rumorville threads - the post Iowa threads. 75% of the pro-Bo arguments start with something along the lines of "remember the Callahan days", or "remember what happened last time we fired a 9 win coach" - you know that as well as anyone on this board. Why argue about it?

Because very few are shrugging their shoulders and acting like everything is hunky dory.

Any coach could go 0-12 or 12-0 at any school in any year. Its just a matter of the right combination of players and staff and momentum. Right now theres alot to be optimistic about. Its just easier to be negative so you arent as disapointed when we drop a game.

Any coach could go 0-12 or 12-0 at any school in any year. Its just a matter of the right combination of players and staff and momentum. Right now theres alot to be optimistic about. Its just easier to be negative so you arent as disapointed when we drop a game.

Until we get our first real test of the season.

As far as being negative so not as disappointed i think it's more of we don't get that excited to begin with until we see the results on the field. 09 and 10 i was excited but after that when we dropped off it was hard going into a big time game and think we would win.

Because very few are shrugging their shoulders and acting like everything is hunky dory.

I see where you're coming from, but if people are afraid to address the situation (and I'm of the opinion that there's only 1 thing the administration can do to truely address it) based on the fear of what happened last time - then your'e essentially shrugging your shoulders that it's ok. If the arguments over the last few months had been more supportive of Bo, and less critical of the past firing - I'd understand more. At the end of the 2011 season, and even at the end of 2012 - the arguments were very centered around Bo and why he should be here. They were valid points and I shared in many of them. Needed more time, needed his guys, needed to adjust to the B1G, young assistants with potential, making changes, etc, etc. But you saw after the 2013 season that those arguments have begun to shift - they're less about Bo's accomplishments and/or excuses - and more about the alternative to Bo. The arguments for Bo are being based more and more on hypotheticals. The arguments against him are becoming more substantiated. At this point, a large percentage of arguments start with or quickly include "cant' fire a 9 win coach" and/or "remember what happened last time". If that's the basis for your argument supporting Bo, then you're already admitting this program has issues - and in doing so...you're in my opinion largely shrugging your shoulders at the problem.

Edit: And I should include - when I say "supporting Bo" - I mean...supporting his employment here. I'll support Bo and this team this season, like any other. But I'm no longer convinced he's the best guy for the job, and definately not the best guy for this program.

• Fire 1

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's going to be here this year - and if he didn't get fired after Iowa, it's looking like he'd have to take a dump on an ESPN desk live during haftime of the national championship game to get fired...so he'll be here next year too.

So some of us are just disappointed that the issue (as we see it - which obviously many have a different opinion on the extend/size of the issue) wasn't addressed.

I see where you're coming from, but if people are afraid to address the situation (and I'm of the opinion that there's only 1 thing the administration can do to truely address it) based on the fear of what happened last time - then your'e essentially shrugging your shoulders that it's ok. If the arguments over the last few months had been more supportive of Bo, and less critical of the past firing - I'd understand more. At the end of the 2011 season, and even at the end of 2012 - the arguments were very centered around Bo and why he should be here. They were valid points and I shared in many of them. Needed more time, needed his guys, needed to adjust to the B1G, young assistants with potential, making changes, etc, etc. But you saw after the 2013 season that those arguments have begun to shift - they're less about Bo's accomplishments and/or excuses - and more about the alternative to Bo. The arguments for Bo are being based more and more on hypotheticals. The arguments against him are becoming more substantiated. At this point, a large percentage of arguments start with or quickly include "cant' fire a 9 win coach" and/or "remember what happened last time". If that's the basis for your argument supporting Bo, then you're already admitting this program has issues - and in doing so...you're in my opinion largely shrugging your shoulders at the problem.

Edit: And I should include - when I say "supporting Bo" - I mean...supporting his employment here. I'll support Bo and this team this season, like any other. But I'm no longer convinced he's the best guy for the job, and definately not the best guy for this program.

I'd agree with that. I don't think he's great, but he's not bad either. Nebraska's not as hard a job as some make it out to be, nor is it as easy as others think.

I think there's about 15% firmly Pro-Bo and 15% firmly Anti-Bo, and then everybody else. I fall somewhere in the middle, depending on the day of the week.

I think there's about 15% firmly Pro-Bo and 15% firmly Anti-Bo, and then everybody else. I fall somewhere in the middle, depending on the day of the week.

Agree. I'm probably somewhere in the 35% on the anti-Bo side - but not quite the 15% yet. I still like a lot of things about him, but I think he should have been gone after Iowa. I also have very few worries about our ability to replace him with a successful coach - I mean we got Miles to come coach a team that hasn't won an NCAA tourney game....ever. I think confidence in our ability to find a great coach, makes it a lot easier for me to be on that side of the fence than the other.

that seems to be the fallacy in these conversations, this is not about bo personally. i like bo, and would love for him to win here. i just do not see it happening and am curious as to why some think he will when we have seemed to regress since 2009.

To be fair, I would say the regression started right after the Texas game. In 2010, for example, a Nebraska team took the field at a LOUD road stadium in Seattle, and they were confident, salty, and focused. And they kicked Washington's ass up and down that field with their sr potential first round pick at QB.

Outside of the Mizzou game where Taylor got hurt, I'd like to know what changed and made this team play scared. Because that's what it looks like they do to me. Ultimately, this team has talent on it. And, (gird up your loins people, I'm about to pay Bo a compliment) Bo has proven he can make up a pretty good game plan. I just don't get the testicular retraction when the spotlight hits.

I have my theories, but I don't know the reasons.

that seems to be the fallacy in these conversations, this is not about bo personally. i like bo, and would love for him to win here. i just do not see it happening and am curious as to why some think he will when we have seemed to regress since 2009.

To be fair, I would say the regression started right after the Texas game. In 2010, for example, a Nebraska team took the field at a LOUD road stadium in Seattle, and they were confident, salty, and focused. And they kicked Washington's ass up and down that field with their sr potential first round pick at QB.

Outside of the Mizzou game where Taylor got hurt, I'd like to know what changed and made this team play scared. Because that's what it looks like they do to me. Ultimately, this team has talent on it. And, (gird up your loins people, I'm about to pay Bo a compliment) Bo has proven he can make up a pretty good game plan. I just don't get the testicular retraction when the spotlight hits.

http://www.cornnation.com/2010/11/21/1827624/nebraskas-loss-to-texas-a-m-big-12-officiating-sucks-but-so-does-bo

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5835532

http://www.cornnation.com/2010/11/21/1827624/nebraskas-loss-to-texas-a-m-big-12-officiating-sucks-but-so-does-bo

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5835532

Bo probably could stand to dull his edge, sure. But it can't be the only reason.

http://www.cornnatio...-but-so-does-bo

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5835532

Bo probably could stand to dull his edge, sure. But it can't be the only reason.

It sure seemed like Bo and NU flipped on a dime after that game.

http://www.cornnatio...-but-so-does-bo

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5835532

It sure seemed like Bo and NU flipped on a dime after that game.

True enough. Part of me thinks that's when Bo first said "to hell with this, I'm off to greener pastures", then found out there weren't any to be had. The he realized he was going to pay for his neglect in certain responsibilities.

(All conjecture)