The Imperial President - Yes or No

I prefer politicians to have some type of experience being successful in something other than politics. I believe they need real world experience to know how their decisions affect normal people. In a perfect world, I think the group should be made up of lawyers, business people, medical people and then a mixture of other professions and experiences.

I wish people would work in a career until they were at least in their 50s before they ever even thought about getting into national politics.

Seems like lots of politicians Lane Kiffin their way from one office to another before, quick enough that their suckitude is never fully realized. Sweet gig if you can get it.

And, that's what I don't like. I'm not a real fan of someone who gets out of college and has immediate aspirations of getting into politics only to get one position and start campaigning right away for the next. They end up at a high position because they look nice in a suit and can say all the right things while giving a pretty speech. Meanwhile, they have absolutely no real world experience to be able to make good decisions once they are there.

Exactly the way I feel, that is all I have been saying.

I guess maybe it's because I don't watch fox news or any political propaganda programing on TV or listen to it on the radio, I haven't heard anyone ranting about him being an Imperial president.

I always thought he was from Chicago. Little did I know he was from Imperial. Who knew. :zoom (not sure what that emoticon really means but it's kind of cool)

nothing wrong with your opinion, i just do not like arguing the founders' intent.

where do you see career politicians only thinking that the gov't can be the solution to our problems? even obamacare is not gov't ran healthcare. it is merely some regulations that were put in place in a largely unregulated (and extremely powerful) industry and a public option.

Now that p pretty good, are you saying that our president, a career politician, doesn't think that the federal government is the solution to all the problems in this country?

You really believe that? You can't seriously think businessmen are better left without regulation?

Where in my statement did I say businessmen would be better without regulations?

Its implied. As when you really get down to it, most of what Congress deals with is rules and regulations governing the actions of businesses. All the talk of 'tyranny' is about businesses. Yet the same people do not talk of 'tyranny' when GOP politicians call for laws governing people's sex lives.