The awful beauty of the riots in Kiev, Ukraine

Unless managed carefully, the air conflict wouldn't last long because the skies would be filled with anti-aircraft missles and the life expectancy of a pilot you'd imagine wouldn't be very long. Then I'd imagine it would come down to what question was during the cold war, would the Soviets numbers of tanks and men be able to overwhelm the lesser numbers, but better technology of the West?

If I remember correctly Russia is pretty highly regarded in that area . . .

Unless managed carefully, the air conflict wouldn't last long because the skies would be filled with anti-aircraft missles and the life expectancy of a pilot you'd imagine wouldn't be very long. Then I'd imagine it would come down to what question was during the cold war, would the Soviets numbers of tanks and men be able to overwhelm the lesser numbers, but better technology of the West?

Not to get into the whole airpower discussion again but yea the Russians have a pretty robust air defense system. Probably one of the largest and best equipped in the world. The quality of their equipment, its maintenance and their training/readiness is one thing but the stuff is all there and there's a ton of it.

So unless the "allies" are able to establish air superiority, any troops, equipment, or supplies being sent are going to get chewed up...

Not too mention they've got those hellacious MLRS launchers on the back of trucks that chew up acres at a time...

Not to get into the whole airpower discussion again but yea the Russians have a pretty robust air defense system. Probably one of the largest and best equipped in the world. The quality of their equipment, its maintenance and their training/readiness is one thing but the stuff is all there and there's a ton of it.

So we'd have to hope that our stealth bombers can go in and hit their radar sites, maybe create some havoc, and buy some time...

Why in the hell does start sounding more and more like "Red Storm Rising"???

So unless the "allies" are able to establish air superiority, any troops, equipment, or supplies being sent are going to get chewed up...

Not too mention they've got those hellacious MLRS launchers on the back of trucks that chew up acres at a time...

Haha yea, the grid square eliminators. We aim for 12 or 14 digit coordinates they aim for 8.

Haha yea, the grid square eliminators. We aim for 12 or 14 digit coordinates they aim for 8.

12 or 8, doesn't matter, those things are f*cking nasty...

Would the Russians just say "f*ck it" and see how much armor they can pour into the Ukraine?

It'd be interesting to see how T-90's and T-80's would perform. The Iraqis got their buts handed to them in the Gulf War but they had mostly T-72's and no where near the air defense Russia has.

So we'd have to hope that our stealth bombers can go in and hit their radar sites, maybe create some havoc, and buy some time...

I read that book at least a dozen times between 5th grade and 10th grade (around where chasing girls took over). In fact, I should probably read it again.

Would the Russians just say "f*ck it" and see how much armor they can pour into the Ukraine?

It'd be interesting to see how T-90's and T-80's would perform. The Iraqis got their buts handed to them in the Gulf War but they had mostly T-72's and no where near the air defense Russia has.

I still like the M-1's chances against the T-80's, but the T-90's are kinda scary...

12 or 8, doesn't matter, those things are f*cking nasty...

Yea, I'd rather not be around when they say "F' it, just torch the entire square KM"

I read that book at least a dozen times between 5th grade and 10th grade (around where chasing girls took over). In fact, I should probably read it again.

I've read it almost as many times...

I still like the M-1's chances against the T-80's, but the T-90's are kinda scary...

Agreed, especially the upgraded M-1's. T-90's are mean but they don't have nearly as many of them as they'd like.

Agreed, especially the upgraded M-1's. T-90's are mean but they don't have nearly as many of them as they'd like.

I used to be a tanker on an M-1. I think America would be just fine against the T-90

The M-1's mobility and fire control are what keeps them alive, but I've always wondered, would they take off the "governor" in a wartime situation?