I didn't pay attention for Chinese fighter pictures until now courtesy of YouTube video. Strange aircraft especially long length fuselage. Many flaps starting at 1:30 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvERAfCu_c

My wild guess, can't handle G-forces (flaps). I think cross between F-22 Raptor and SU family (Russian design)

Looks kind of like this French airplane. Dassault Rafale

300px-Arm%C3%A9e_de_l%27Air_Rafale.jpg

The canards are like the later Sukhois, but overall the planes bear a striking resemblance to Lockheed's F-22 and F-35.

j20_2.jpg

F-22-front.jpg

Probably not a coincidence that the Chinese have been majorly targeting the JSF program (which produced the F-35) in espionage, and with success.

The canards are like the later Sukhois, but overall the planes bear a striking resemblance to Lockheed's F-22 and F-35.

Probably not a coincidence that the Chinese have been majorly targeting the JSF program (which produced the F-35) in espionage, and with success.

I thought it looked a little more like the YF-23, but they're all really similar looking jets.

400865.jpg

I thought it looked a little more like the YF-23, but they're all really similar looking jets.

400865.jpg

You know YF-23 was cancelled in late 90's. Only 2 prototypes. Probably Northrop's classified blueprints secretly sold by China. Almost guaranteed.

Perhaps we should outsource our military aircraft from China. That Chinese aircraft couldn't be any worse of a fighter than our Flying Dorito, a U.S. Navy debacle that wasted $10 billion or so of tax money. The Dorito raised the bar of the level of military incompetence that we're willing to tolerate. :facepalm:

Perhaps we should outsource our military aircraft from China. That Chinese aircraft couldn't be any worse of a fighter than our Flying Dorito, a U.S. Navy debacle that wasted $10 billion or so of tax money. The Dorito raised the bar of the level of military incompetence that we're willing to tolerate. :facepalm:

If you did not recognize "Flying Dorito" aircraft, see McDonnell Douglas/General Dynamics A-12 Plane

I thought much more than $10B. You know B-2 bat-wing bomber cost over $1B for ONE plane? Unfortunately B-2 was basically a lemon. I'm afraid F-35 project too.....lemon. Numerous serious technical problems and delays. Bottom line; can't turn, can't climb, can't run. However, F-22 is okay.