Future Big Ten Representative - Rutgers

I was really surprised Wisconsins was so low

It's just a different approach to how fans view Spring Games. Only a few schools, mostly in the SEC, view it as an actual game worth going to and are able to fill more than half their stadium.

Our numbers this year were down but not terribly lower than they have been in the past....though they've probably bottomed out, I'm not sure we can get much lower than our numbers now.

2014: ~8,000

2013: ~12,000 (new coach)

2012: ~10,400 (UW begins charging for tickets)

2011: ~20,000

You guys have a different culture and particularly ardent support, you guys, Penn State and Ohio State are like that. We're right around the other schools in the conference.

Another big part of it is how we run the event. It is in no way whatsoever a "game". The first "half" is no contact and a set number of plays. It's essentially just an open practice, hence the low attendance numbers. I'm not sure how other schools run theirs...if they do that or not.

Nebraska has really upped the ante as fat as pageantry goes. Its been paying off I think. I wonder if Wisconsin will move towards the game format in the future. Its a nice appetizer before the fall.

Any idea how Northwesterns numbers were? My buddy wanted to get a movement of Husker fans to invade their spring game since the last time we played there we kind of took over and it peeved them off.

Nebraska has really upped the ante as fat as pageantry goes. Its been paying off I think. I wonder if Wisconsin will move towards the game format in the future. Its a nice appetizer before the fall.

Any idea how Northwesterns numbers were? My buddy wanted to get a movement of Husker fans to invade their spring game since the last time we played there we kind of took over and it peeved them off.

Northwestern did not have a spring game. http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/99008/spring-game-recap-northwestern-2

They held a regular practice on Saturday instead.

Northwestern did not have a spring game. http://espn.go.com/b...-northwestern-2

They held a regular practice on Saturday instead.

Pat Fitzgerald doesn't care about the fans. He owes it to them to have a spring game.

Rutgers mascot looks like Michigan States Sparty, only theirs looks like it got hit in the head with a cinder block as a child........and its red.

It’s funny you say that, I popped over to their boards a little while ago out of curiosity/boredom and they were complaining about the same thing (the knight looks like a wimpier version of the Spartan). At least their fans seem entertaining, they are destined to challenge Illinois for the most sarcastic/pessimistic/self-loathing fan base in the conference.

• 3 weeks later...