ILLINOIS / IOWA / MINNESOTA

Well, with Arkansas losing today, it opens up space for Minnesota. Iowa will most likely still make the tournament but some would argue that they deserve that First Four status more than NU.

Check this out from Dirk Chatelian *ducks*

Team A

Record: 19-11

vs. RPI Top-25: 3-6

RPI 26-50: 1-0

RPI 51-100: 4-2

RPI 101-200: 8-3

RPI 201-plus: 3-0

Team B

Record: 20-11

vs. RPI Top-25: 2-8

RPI 26-50: 2-1

RPI 51-100: 3-2

RPI 101-200: 6-0

RPI 201-plus: 7-0

As you can see, Team A was better against good teams, but worse against bad teams.

RPI: Team A – 41, Team B — 51

Average RPI win: Team A — 132; Team B — 156

Average RPI loss: Team A — 52, Team B — 27

Strength of schedule: Team A — 26, Team B — 48

Pomeroy ranking: Team A — 47, Team B — 18

Sagarin rating: Team A — 55, Team B — 14

Last 12 games: Team A — 10-2, Team B — 5-7

The RPI favors Team A, the computers prefer Team B.

Team A is hot, Team B is cold.

Team A (obviously) is Nebraska. Team B is Iowa.

Iowa’s average projected seed, according to BracketMatrix, is 8.74 — it ranges between six and 11. Nebraska’s average projected seed is 10.88, ranging from nine to out of the field.

http://sports.omaha.com/2014/03/12/mad-chatter-mcdermotts-month-of-fame-nebraska-v-iowa-dan-jenkins/#.UyJ_gNxdW-Q

• Fire 1

wow great analysis! I was wanting to see a blind resume for us and Iowa. I still think Iowa for sure gets it because they now look at the "body of work" only. Our RPI is good enough to have us in. If they don't let us in that will be a robbery. The only reason why we would be in I think is our 3 losses to RPI teams in the 100-200 range. Win today and there is no doubt in my mind we will be in.

Well, with Arkansas losing today, it opens up space for Minnesota. Iowa will most likely still make the tournament but some would argue that they deserve that First Four status more than NU.

Check this out from Dirk Chatelian *ducks*

Team A

Record: 19-11

vs. RPI Top-25: 3-6

RPI 26-50: 1-0

RPI 51-100: 4-2

RPI 101-200: 8-3

RPI 201-plus: 3-0

Team B

Record: 20-11

vs. RPI Top-25: 2-8

RPI 26-50: 2-1

RPI 51-100: 3-2

RPI 101-200: 6-0

RPI 201-plus: 7-0

As you can see, Team A was better against good teams, but worse against bad teams.

RPI: Team A – 41, Team B — 51

Average RPI win: Team A — 132; Team B — 156

Average RPI loss: Team A — 52, Team B — 27

Strength of schedule: Team A — 26, Team B — 48

Pomeroy ranking: Team A — 47, Team B — 18

Sagarin rating: Team A — 55, Team B — 14

Last 12 games: Team A — 10-2, Team B — 5-7

The RPI favors Team A, the computers prefer Team B.

Team A is hot, Team B is cold.

Team A (obviously) is Nebraska. Team B is Iowa.

Iowa’s average projected seed, according to BracketMatrix, is 8.74 — it ranges between six and 11. Nebraska’s average projected seed is 10.88, ranging from nine to out of the field.

http://sports.omaha....s/#.UyJ_gNxdW-Q

To me, clearly team A is the team to pick. We are better in pretty much everything but those three losses. Meanwhile, team B has pretty much stunk it up the last month or more.

Iowa will probably be in because of hype but they could easily lose a spot if teams get hot. Nebraska is ahead of Iowa now, especially if they beat Ohio State.

Illinois was a little bit too late. Illinois has been awesome as of late and beat a decent Indiana team that had a decent run at the end.

Minnesota needs to win today and i think they will be in as long as no shockers happen in other tourneys.

Yeah I don't get Iowa love affair. Don't play D, absolutely garbage in there last 8 games. And yet they are a projected as an 8/9 seed. Can't imagine if they went 6-2 instead of 2-6 where they would be seeded

The NCAA dance is a lot like all star voting. Once you've made it a few times, you are in irreguarless how good you are.