Condi for President?

What do all of you think of Condi Rice as President? Upfront, I don't have an opinion yet. I have heard her speak in person - around 2010. I will say this as a speaker - she was very articulate, intelligent and very gracious. In the Q&A period afterwards, she could have 'attacked' Obama personally but never did (even though O was blaming Bush for everything during that time frame). She stuck to policy differences and not personalities. I found her to be one of the most engaging speakers I have ever listened to in person.

The CONs against her being the Repub nominee for Pres or VP

1. Tea Party (and strong conservative wing) may be cool to her - she may be perceived as a neocon - The tea party wing and Karl Rowe wing aren't getting along too well these days

2. Too close to GWB - maybe the memories of the long wars are still too engrained in the American electorate mind (ie: Hillary still carries the Clinton garbage of the 90s - do we want to re-live that again and do we want to re-live the GWB years)

3. Her time and issues have passed - time for new faces, fresh ideas

4. She is an intelligent, accomplished policy wonk but not a person to lead and inspire a national campaign for president - she might not have it in her personalty to run such a race

5. She is a foreign policy expert, but our country also needs to speed up our economy - the slowest recovering economy in many decades.

The PROs for her being the Repub nominee for Pres or VP

1. What a great face for the Repub party - a minority female with the smarts and experience to understand this complex world

2. Time for a female pres - someone other than a Clinton or Bush

3. Offset the Hillary factor - the country voted to get rid of its cultural guilt and elected a minority the last time. Will it do it again in regards to gender?

4. She brings instant creditability to the ticket either as vp or pres and is a known entity - no skeletons to hide or 'on the job training' to do (been doing that)

5. She doesn't have a large laundry list of votes behind her - she doesn't have a bunch of negative legislative votes to defend

6. World leaders know her

7. She probably, if elected president, would be able to recruit experienced people to work in her cabinet and admin.

This article speaks of her increasing her speaking out on current issues. Some of the posters after the article speak on why the left wing does not like her: successful, Conservative, accomplished minority women - this (minority and female) is suppose to be the domain of the libs.

http://www.newsmax.c...3/26/id/561804/

. . . no skeletons to hide . . .

Because her skeletons are right out in the open!

Yeah . . . I think that even among Republicans Condi will still be toxic in 2016. (Not to mention that I don't think that she is interested in running.)

One of the lead liars in the lead up to the Iraq War & a personal connection to the authorization of torture? Not going to happen.

Condi speaks out on our foreign policy

I just wonder if the neo-cons are trying to get Jeb Bush, Christy or someone like minded to be the Pres candidate wt Condi as VP.

Her awakening and speaking out on behalf of Rowe backed candidates is a pre-runner to 2016.

I like many things about her but I agree wt Carl, her association wt GWB, Iraq are too fresh and too hard to ignore.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/condi-rice-blasts-obama-weakness-leadership_786123.html

Jeb Bush is basically the Repubs only hope for 2016. He can legitimately win the election. Unless someone comes out of nowhere, none of the other major candidates have any sort of chance. Christy? Paul? Ryan? CRUZ? LOLOLOL.

But yeah, Condi has zero chance even if she was interested.

Jeb Bush is basically the Repubs only hope for 2016. He can legitimately win the election.

The GOP base would howl and gnash their teeth . . . and then fall into line and vote for him. Just like they did with Romney. Just like they did with McCain. But yeah . . . I expect a GOP congress in 2016 and a Democratic White House. (In fact, I think that if the GOP does make Congressional gains in 2014 that it will hurt them in 2016 . . .)

But yeah, Condi has zero chance even if she was interested.

Yeah . . .