Texas "Not Interested" In scheduling A&M in near future

Redux

Yeah no kidding. The second A&M finishes 5-7, Texas will be right there "ALL IS FORGIVEN BRETHREN! Lets play eachother in Jerryworld next year!"

Except that the conference record exchange rate (per ESPN) for a 5-7 season in the SEC is 10-2 in the Big XII.

The Big XII is to college football what the Peso is to international currency--irrelevant unless you want to use it as a comedic foil.

7-5 sounds good. I see that as a realistic schedule. I just don't see Strong as the long term solution there, but we will see.

I agree with that statement, especially as bad as his hire was received from some of the alumni. I see him being gone if he has a bad 5 year stretch. Then they will think they can instantly hire someone like Saban or even Belichick because they are the best job out there.

Still makes me giggle they thought theyd get Saban to go to Austin.

I think that it's just the arrogance of most of the Texass alumni and people associated with the university. They think that Texass is the best place to coach and that everywhere else is not. There's nothing wrong with thinking that way, just don't be arrogant about it and flaunt it. I feel that Nebraska is the best college in the country, but I'm also realistic in my thinking. It's not the best place for every college football coach out there.

In all fairness USC, Texas, Florida and Ohio State are orobably the top sexy jobs in college football. There really are no negatives to these jobs. Recruiting, Facilities, Stadiums, Conference Foes, Alumni money etc. Everythings in place to win at these schools.

However were in the dead center of all 4 so lets take advantage of that like we used to.

Yeah no kidding. The second A&M finishes 5-7, Texas will be right there "ALL IS FORGIVEN BRETHREN! Lets play eachother in Jerryworld next year!"

Except that the conference record exchange rate (per ESPN) for a 5-7 season in the SEC is 10-2 in the Big XII.

The Big XII is to college football what the Peso is to international currency--irrelevant unless you want to use it as a comedic foil.

lol. Conference comparisons. The trouble is that SEC fanboys don't hear that as a joke, just a simple observation.

Adding to the mystique. A&M went 1-5 against the SEC powers LSU, Bama, UF in their first two years. They did very well in their bowl games too. The predicted "fall back down to earth" for A&M might break through the ground Looney Tunes style.