Non-Conference Dreams

There had been talk of having the Big 12 go to having each team play 10 Big 12 opponents and that would help with the scheduling issues now that the 12th game is added. Conference ties should also be developed like in the NFL. Next year all of the AFC West plays all the NFC West. While the Big 12 couldn't play every team, they could be required to play teams from a particular conference. So one year all the conference games of the Big 12 may be against the PAC 10 and another year the SEC. Or they can split that among two conferences. Everyone plays a PAC 10 and a Big 10 team. Just an idea.....

Florida schools or California schools.

We could use more exposure in those states. Just think of the recruiting doors that would be opened if we beat USC in the Coliseum. Or beat Fla. St. in Tallahasee.

Other than that, I'd LOVE to play Penn State again. Two best uniforms in college football.

I think it should be required to have ALL BCS conferances to play AT LEAST 2 other BCS schools. I am sick and tired of having teams like Texas Tech and Kansas State play 2 Div 1-AA teams then a MAC or some other lower tier conferance team. It gets me irritated. Their record shows that they are a good team, when they are pretty average in my opinion.

I think it should be required to have ALL BCS conferances to play AT LEAST 2 other BCS schools. I am sick and tired of having teams like Texas Tech and Kansas State play 2 Div 1-AA teams then a MAC or some other lower tier conferance team. It gets me irritated. Their record shows that they are a good team, when they are pretty average in my opinion.

The reason this is done is quite simple. 1 loss can erase a team from national title hopes, even BCS hopes. I hate that teams do it to, but what is the solution? A playoff system? Probably not, because then 2 losses may eliminate a team from getting into the playoffs. Anybody think ND belonged in a BCS game w/2 losses over Oregon, who only lost to USC?

I think it should be required to have ALL BCS conferances to play AT LEAST 2 other BCS schools.  I am sick and tired of having teams like Texas Tech and Kansas State play 2 Div 1-AA teams then a MAC or some other lower tier conferance team.  It gets me irritated.  Their record shows that they are a good team, when they are pretty average in my opinion.

The reason this is done is quite simple. 1 loss can erase a team from national title hopes, even BCS hopes. I hate that teams do it to, but what is the solution? A playoff system? Probably not, because then 2 losses may eliminate a team from getting into the playoffs. Anybody think ND belonged in a BCS game w/2 losses over Oregon, who only lost to USC?

That's my point, a ticket to a BCS game should be earned, not just given to. Texas for sure deserved to be in the Rose Bowl this year because of the Ohio State game. Mabey with the "12th game", things will change a little I knowit is a long shot, but one can dream.