Big. Hairy. Deal.

Redux

If everyone just ignores Polo's constant drag on optimism, don't debate with him, let him spew his venom and leave it at that, the thread (s), because he does it on nearly every one, he'll get the message no one really gives a s--t what his opinion is. I know I don't.

Here's to the fun of the spring game and the kool-aid flowing through-out the summer. We as fans need to have a little fun and enjoy our beloved Huskers regardless of the outcome next fall. Polo is nothing more than a troll in Scarlet and Cream... GBR

Yeesh. This got outta hand. Just wanted to share a well written article. I was joping that a little optimism would still be in the air after the spring game but I guess not.

No. Polo has no optimism after the spring game. 95% of the fan base probably feels good about yesterday. It was a good time, a damn nice day, got to see the team. Lots of speed and talent out there. Had a laugh at Bo and the cat. Got to see Jack Hoffman doing well and reading the pledge at half. Some neat drills, some competition between KB and Bo....still can't believe Kenny hit the goal post 2-3.... Pretty good. Saw some of the guys at the tailgate for a bit.

Pretty sure I've heard a lot of good things about the spring game from everyone.

But you spent almost a full day going back and forth with Polo and now you're left with nothing but a negative feeling and you think everyone else feels the same way he does. 1. Don't do that. 2. Don't let a small percentage of a fan base ( or just Polo) be the example you are basing everyone's feelings on.

See where these discussions with Polo go. f'ing nowhere. Just like every thread on the football forum damn near.

Or...you could ask me what I think.......

The game was great!

It was an excellent day, and it was my 4 year old sons first experience of Nebraska Football. It was fun and I actually look forward to coming to these Spring Games. Before, they were just a glorified practice, where Bo and the administration made it into a fun, family friendly, entertaining event. It was exactly what an event like that needed. I love it! I love that it looks like we're having fun here in Nebraska in the spring.

We left and my son spent the whole day yelling:

"GO BIG RED!! GO BIG RED!! GO BIG RED!!"

I never pushed him to say anything, or to clap with the band, or to yell GBR. He never was interested in football (yet), but he loved the comradery of the crowd coming together to cheer for the team. That's something I always loved about Nebraska. I am glad that my son recognized it.

• Fire 3
The game was great!

It was an excellent day, and it was my 4 year old sons first experience of Nebraska Football. It was fun and I actually look forward to coming to these Spring Games. Before, they were just a glorified practice, where Bo and the administration made it into a fun, family friendly, entertaining event. It was exactly what an event like that needed. I love it! I love that it looks like we're having fun here in Nebraska in the spring.

We left and my son spent the whole day yelling:

"GO BIG RED!! GO BIG RED!! GO BIG RED!!"

I never pushed him to say anything, or to clap with the band, or to yell GBR. He never was interested in football (yet), but he loved the comradery of the crowd coming together to cheer for the team. That's something I always loved about Nebraska. I am glad that my son recognized it.

Great post man. Awesome to read.

Me and my daughter went to the spring game this year and we usually go every year and we both agree with you, the competition,, the extra games and the drills all make it a lot more fun.

I enjoyed your comment mostly though because my daughter and I also had our first game together last season. The UCLA game. Although the game went a bit bad, the first half we were dominating. As we walked to the stadium my daughter just lit up with excitement. All the red and the electricity of the place. But what she really enjoyed was the Husker fans around us. When we were up in that first half and everyone was yelling, screaming GBR and high fiving all around us. High fiving my daughter, no big deal, we don't know you, but we are all Huskers! She loved that the most.

It's the biggest reason I'm a Husker, and why I love being there so much. It's still magical to me how everyone comes together and it feels like you are surrounded by friends.

• Fire 1