Big. Hairy. Deal.

Redux

Uh,

Bo did not inherit a program with a losing record.

2 of Callahan's 4 years at NU were losing seasons. 5-6 in '04 and 5-7 in '07. I suppose it's open to interpretation but I would call that inheriting a losing program.

27-22 isn't. I'm not saying he was a success by any means, but let's be honest with ourselves here.

So 9 win seasons fom Bo is a failure. Actual losing seasons from Callahan is "not success" but shouldn't be called losing for.... What? Reasons?

You live in a weird world.

Just a real one.

Tell me your thoughts on the 2006 season please. I'd love to hear what that year was in your world.

You guys have been debating back and forth with this guy for weeks, maybe months in every thread. Back and forth nonsense as if you are trying to convince him to jump on the Bo bandwagon with you? Why?

Is it inconceivable that he may never do that? Is it okay that he has a different opinion? If not, why?

Can you all just accept that he doesn't like Bo and move on for the love of God? Isn't it obvious he doesn't really support the guy as coach? f'ing move on already.

You guys have been debating back and forth with this guy for weeks, maybe months in every thread. Back and forth nonsense as if you are trying to convince him to jump on the Bo bandwagon with you? Why?

Is it inconceivable that he may never do that? Is it okay that he has a different opinion? If not, why?

Can you all just accept that he doesn't like Bo and move on for the love of God? Isn't it obvious he doesn't really support the guy as coach? f'ing move on already.

I can support the team and what it does and not be thrilled with it's coach btw. It's not like I'm rooting for a 3-9 season.

• Fire 1

The way I understand it he was a big Bo supporter, that's what makes his stance so firm. And that's okay. I will never ask him to come back to the Bo-Liever camp.

All we ask on this side of the fence is not to piss all over every positive post or thread with pessimism. Yes this particular piece was very Pro-Bo. Nobody is asking for Polo to change his stance after reading it. But dang, just because Nebraska is a storied program doesn't mean he inherited a good thing. Just because there was alot of talent that Callahan clearly misused doesn't mean Bo inherited a good situation. The walk on program was in shambles. The AD was ousted as was his hand picked head coach. The fanbase was in worse shape than it had been since the dark ages. Our bowl streak was shattered etc etc. It wasn't a feel good place. But Bo came in and helped get us back on track. Has he reached the finish line? Nope.

Actually what mesmerizes me the most about Polo's comments in this thread is what he chose to take away from the article. I didn't take away a feeling of excuse or apology for where we are as fans. I took away an article that's main goal was "Hey hotshot, don't judge what you're not qualified to".

The way I understand it he was a big Bo supporter, that's what makes his stance so firm. And that's okay. I will never ask him to come back to the Bo-Liever camp.

All we ask on this side of the fence is not to piss all over every positive post or thread with pessimism. Yes this particular piece was very Pro-Bo. Nobody is asking for Polo to change his stance after reading it. But dang, just because Nebraska is a storied program doesn't mean he inherited a good thing. Just because there was alot of talent that Callahan clearly misused doesn't mean Bo inherited a good situation. The walk on program was in shambles. The AD was ousted as was his hand picked head coach. The fanbase was in worse shape than it had been since the dark ages. Our bowl streak was shattered etc etc. It wasn't a feel good place. But Bo came in and helped get us back on track. Has he reached the finish line? Nope.

Actually what mesmerizes me the most about Polo's comments in this thread is what he chose to take away from the article. I didn't take away a feeling of excuse or apology for where we are as fans. I took away an article that's main goal was "Hey hotshot, don't judge what you're not qualified to".

First, I do not in fact "piss on every positive thread". There are at minimum four puff pieces posted on this board daily that at are mad-libs. I leave the "Player x is looking to build on last years experiences to perform y" articles alone. Because I know how easy they are to write, and I've read them about every player from Matt Herian to Marlon Lucky to Demorrio Williams to Cody Glenn to Zaire Anderson. Go nuts, post Kool-Aid things if you want to.

But when something like this gets posted, a "hey Bo is good for us and f#*k you in the pants if you disagree" article. You're asking for debate or dialogue and I'm going to provide it.

And what you said was true about 07. Pissed fans, no AD, and a program that had gotten a way from its ideals. Write about that, don't make up false premises of a dead program.

And Mandel is plenty qualified to ask why Nebraska appears to be accepting less. Hell, I'm starting to ask it multiple times daily.

We arent accepting less, were looking towards a brighter 2014. Things could be worse. And no Mandel is not qualified to tell Nebraskans what to think. Just because hes a big time sports empire employee with a clouded opinion doesnt really make his words any more valable than Jo Schmoe Husker fan. At least one is familiar with the Huskers.

Your free to debate all you want but by the same token dont expect us all to jump off the bridge with you because we want to see how 2014 shakes out before giving up on the year or coach.

We arent accepting less, were looking towards a brighter 2014. Things could be worse. And no Mandel is not qualified to tell Nebraskans what to think. Just because hes a big time sports empire employee with a clouded opinion doesnt really make his words any more valable than Jo Schmoe Husker fan. At least one is familiar with the Huskers.

Your free to debate all you want but by the same token dont expect us all to jump off the bridge with you because we want to see how 2014 shakes out before giving up on the year or coach.

Stewart Mandel isn't allowed to have an opinion?

I'm not asking anyone to jump off a bridge, and you can be happy about 2014, hell, I am too. But here is where the program is, it's looking at the easiest schedule in recent memory (really saying something) and arguably the easiest division of a BCS conference. I'm just saying if they can't get at least to the CCG and not get freight trained, it ain't on the players.

• Fire 2

I'm not asking anyone to jump off a bridge, and you can be happy about 2014, hell, I am too. But here is where the program is, it's looking at the easiest schedule in recent memory (really saying something) and arguably the easiest division of a BCS conference. I'm just saying if they can't get at least to the CCG and not get freight trained, it ain't on the players.

I agree with this. No excuses this season. I would say " barring injury ", no excuses, but the fact is we should have established depth by now to not completely fall apart by losing one guy somewhere.

Thats an opinion he couldve kept to himself. Hes out of his element, like a child that wanders into a room.

I dont think the schedule is easier than last years could have been. We have some rough road games and some good matchups at home. None are gimmes but all will be intriguing. The division is not the easiest in bcs conferences bdcause its in its debut season, nobody knows how that is going to shake out. The SEC East last year was the easiest to win and yet three of the four favorites couldnt do it.

Ok heres the real issue. Youre coming down on Bo for 2014 and were still months from kickoff. We havent been steamrolled yet because we have yet to play a game. Hold your grudges, fine. We all suffered through that 2012 embarassment not just you man. But this is a new season and a new team. Give them the benefit of the doubt and hold judgement until after week 1. We all know your stance on Bo at this point. He too is working to get better, and unless something crazy happens hes going to navigate us through this season and Im excited. Your excited. Were all excited.

Thats an opinion he couldve kept to himself. Hes out of his element, like a child that wanders into a room.

I dont think the schedule is easier than last years could have been. We have some rough road games and some good matchups at home. None are gimmes but all will be intriguing. The division is not the easiest in bcs conferences bdcause its in its debut season, nobody knows how that is going to shake out. The SEC East last year was the easiest to win and yet three of the four favorites couldnt do it.

Ok heres the real issue. Youre coming down on Bo for 2014 and were still months from kickoff. We havent been steamrolled yet because we have yet to play a game. Hold your grudges, fine. We all suffered through that 2012 embarassment not just you man. But this is a new season and a new team. Give them the benefit of the doubt and hold judgement until after week 1. We all know your stance on Bo at this point. He too is working to get better, and unless something crazy happens hes going to navigate us through this season and Im excited. Your excited. Were all excited.

I'm not coming down on Bo for 2014. I'm coming down on him because we are only 5 months removed from Iowa kicking the crap out of his squad and him to the tune of 38-17--among other reasons.

And it's hard sometimes to give the man the benefit of the doubt when things like this play out.....I don't think anyone can argue our special teams, especially fielding and returning punts, were flat out horrendous. Bo didn't feel like replacing anyone in charge if that. So here we are, after a spring game where the kicking team had one pat blocked, missed another one, missed a chip shot after that, and fielded NO punts or attempted any in a game like situation......how in the world is that justifiable? It's things like that which loses games you shouldn't.

So you know my stance in Bo on this point, what does that mean? Stop posting about it? I know yours and several others stances too, I'm not asking you to stop.

• Fire 2