Rancher vs. Feds

The comment section in that article makes my head hurt. I bet that a lot of people weren't aware that the BLM is a sub-corporation of United States Incorporated that was incorporated in Puerto Rico in 1926? This is a foreign company asserting ownership of the free people of the states!
OMG...I hadn't read the comments. You know what??? There are lots of things that people are concerned with about the future like health care, education competitiveness around the world, global climate change, world economic conditions, middle east terrorists and on and on and on...... But, these types of idiots honestly make me very concerned about the future. Certain media has absolutely brainwashed these people and it's disgusting.

It's tough to combat, too. They have their fringe "sources" and believe that everything else is propaganda . . . so what do you do about that?

I believe in gun rights and all, some guys I work with have arsenals for when the invasion happens. You know, the invasion........? Who or what is invading I don't know, but by God i'ma gonna shooter dem dadgum vaders when dey start dey vaderin.

Right?! I believe in the Second Amendment. I own guns. These people, whether they know it or not, are doing far more to hurt the cause than their favorite targets like Obama, Pelosi, Bloomberg, etc.

Not to mention that they are scaring rational people away. I haven't been to a gun show in years. I used to go to one every couple months. There are more kooks than ever out there . . . and the raw anger that they project is flat out scary.

I have no idea how you combat it. I honestly don't think it's an educational thing as far as formal education. I know some very highly educated people who believe some of this stuff.

I have challenged some people I know to do something. I challenge them to not listen or watch Fox News or MSNBC. Don't listen to Rush or read Breitbart...etc. for three months. The longer the better but three months should do it.

When I have been successful in getting someone to do that, almost to the person, they will admit when they went back to watch their old shows, they found themselves depressed and then angry and the total BS they were hearing.

It's honestly an addiction. People don't want to be wrong so they only listen to "news" that agrees with their view. The more they listen to it, the more they get total conviction into their beliefs. The more they do that, the easier it is to brain wash them into believing anything that spews from the TV set or computer.

• Fire 5
I have no idea how you combat it. I honestly don't think it's an educational thing as far as formal education. I know some very highly educated people who believe some of this stuff.

I have challenged some people I know to do something. I challenge them to not listen or watch Fox News or MSNBC. Don't listen to Rush or read Breitbart...etc. for three months. The longer the better but three months should do it.

When I have been successful in getting someone to do that, almost to the person, they will admit when they went back to watch their old shows, they found themselves depressed and then angry and the total BS they were hearing.

It's honestly an addiction. People don't want to be wrong so they only listen to "news" that agrees with their view. The more they listen to it, the more they get total conviction into their beliefs. The more they do that, the easier it is to brain wash them into believing anything that spews from the TV set or computer.

+1. I agree, and I think you are on to something with the addiction theory. I also think change just scares the hell out of people.

I was just laughing out loud about telling highly educated people not to watch MSNBC and FOX news for three months and ten go back ad look how depressed you were. Well healthcare makes me depressed and you really cant run and hide from It

wow...that flew right over your head.

This surprises you?

Watch John Stewart throttle Sean Hannity over this rancher. R.I.P Hannity

Hannity's hypocrisy/inconsistency/ridiculousness hasn't killed him yet . . .

Hannity is an easy target. At least you would hope. Yet there he is, on national media with a microphone and a stage to reach out to millions of people.

Does it scare any of you? It scares the hell outta me. This guy, or guys like Glenn Beck have an audience? How? They are f'ing lunatics! Nancy Grace? She's a f'ing nut! What's worse, I live right in the middle of these looney f'ers. I believe in gun rights and all, some guys I work with have arsenals for when the invasion happens. You know, the invasion........? Who or what is invading I don't know, but by God i'ma gonna shooter dem dadgum vaders when dey start dey vaderin. I start thinking maybe I need an arsenal for when these cooky fu#*$ keep reproducing even more bat sh#t crazy kids. They start molding them in these same crazy ways and good Lord we really gonna have a repitition if history.

Still, and not derail the read from this other Clive looney toon, I think the kids these days are coming around and headed in the right direction. Progression and common sense. More importantly, an ability to analyze and interpret without instinctively hating anything and everything. As you can tell, I'm still learning a bit on that end. I have a bit of hatred for these f'ers for my own reasons, but mostly I'm just baffled by them.

+1 This had me rolling because I know a lot of people back home that have arsenals ready for dem 'vaders lol