Rancher vs. Feds

Yes, I know they were put up when the word got out and folks began showing up. Know of a few people whom were/are on the ground there. And to shut down roads specifically to keep people out is garbage. The gov't does not "own" anything, they rent it from the citizens of our Republic.

How could it be criminal trespassing if the gov doesn't own the land? Again, the gov can not and does not "own" anything.

Now it makes sense. Which are you affiliated with? Posse comitatus or the sovereign citizens?

I trust that next you'll be telling us about the UCC and flags of admiralty.

I answered your questions, why won't you answer mine? Are you cool with the heavy handed, armed repsonse by the feds? Why did they pull out when they did?

Yes. An armed response is an entirely appropriate response to threats (and continued criminal action) from an individual.

Why did they pull out when they did? My guess is because they're going to wait until the various militia crazies go home and then they'll go back and finish the job. Let's hope that the Bundy's don't open fire.

Nice try. I am not affiliated with any of those people out there. I just have access to ground truth that a lot don't. Stop trying to paint me as a gun toting, knuckle dragging militia member because I am not. Never will be. But hey, I guess whatever fits your agenda.

I am not affiliated with any of those people out there.

Really? A few posts up you said that you know them.

Edit: MR knows of the people out there. I also know of the people out there . . . for whatever that is worth.

I just have access to ground truth that a lot don't. Stop trying to paint me as a gun toting, knuckle dragging militia member because I am not. Never will be. But hey, I guess whatever fits your agenda.

You sure make the same claims that they do . . . but maybe you're just quacking like a duck?

And what ground truth are you referring to that I'm not privy to?

BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured? What an absurd question. Why not ask if anyone here has ever manned a burger grill? If not, their comments have little merit - after all, everyone on either side of this situation is eating. Can't comment unless you've stood tall with the grilling tongs!

You're wrong on all accounts but thanks for jumping to conclusions. A lot of you in this thread are really, really good at that. Congratulations.

I asked the question because had it been answered in the affirmative, my next question would have been this: Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath? Serving could be defined as a lot of different things, not just the military.

Hope you didn't pull something making that big leap.

I am not affiliated with any of those people out there.

Really? A few posts up you said that you know them.

I just have access to ground truth that a lot don't. Stop trying to paint me as a gun toting, knuckle dragging militia member because I am not. Never will be. But hey, I guess whatever fits your agenda.

You sure make the same claims that they do . . . but maybe you're just quacking like a duck?

And what ground truth are you referring to that I'm not privy to?

Wow, dude. You sure have a way of twisting words. I said I "knew of", not "knew." Huge difference. As for the ground truth, you and I run in different circles, professionally. I'll leave it at that.

And what are the claims I'm making?

The Feds don't own anything, they manage it. Period.

Why do you believe that?

And I didn't mean to say "we", the people of Nevada own it. Good enough?

That's the sort of posse comitatus/sovereign citizen talk that leads me to believe that you are affiliated.

Nope. Never plan to be affiliated either. What, my word isn't good enough? You sure as hell seem intent on driving that point home, no matter how far from the truth you really are.

Midnight, you're being ganged up on because you're wrong. Plain and simple. When you suddenly find a lot of people disagreeing with you, instead of crying, "I'm being oppressed, why are you doing this to me?" you might want to consider that you're just wrong. The rest of your posts aren't even worth addressing.

Edit - Oh wait, I will say one thing. The fact that Reid is a piece of sh#t doesn't change that the land in question has nothing to do with the land for the solar project. Court rulings hav confirmed that, depsite what you want to believe, the federal government has always owned the lands in question. There is absolutely no link to the solar project as I have already shown.

Riiiight. Wrong to many, right to many. The simple fact that you disagree with me does not make me wrong. You'll never see this cat crying anything similar to what you posted above.

Wow, dude. You sure have a way of twisting words. I said I "knew of", not "knew." Huge difference.

Oh. So you know of the people on the ground out there in the exact same way that I know of the people on the ground out there. You've read about them. Gotcha.

Apologies. I'll edit the post above to reflect that.

As for the ground truth, you and I run in different circles, professionally. I'll leave it at that.

:lol:

The government can not and does not own anything.

That you have special access to ground truth . . . whatever that is.

Also, FWIW, if anyone in this thread is wondering about who owns this land this might clear things up:

As this court previously ruled in United States v. Bundy, Case No. CV-S-98-531-JBR (RJJ) (D. Nev. Nov. 4, 1998), “the public lands in Nevada are the property of the United States because the United States has held title to those public lands since 1848, when Mexico ceded the land to the United States.”

http://www.biologica...tice7-26-13.pdf

It should also address that whole "government does not and can not own property" bit.

BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured? What an absurd question. Why not ask if anyone here has ever manned a burger grill? If not, their comments have little merit - after all, everyone on either side of this situation is eating. Can't comment unless you've stood tall with the grilling tongs!

You're wrong on all accounts but thanks for jumping to conclusions. A lot of you in this thread are really, really good at that. Congratulations.

I asked the question because had it been answered in the affirmative, my next question would have been this: Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath? Serving could be defined as a lot of different things, not just the military.

Hope you didn't pull something making that big leap.

I'm wrong on what accounts? Asking the wrong questions? The one statement I made was that it was an absurd thing to talk about, and it is. I didn't leap at anything, unless you call the claim that everyone involved eats a "big leap," at which point we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm quite certain everyone there is eating something on a daily basis. If not, I feel bad for them.

To answer the "Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath" question, I suppose that, had I taken the oath to defend the constitution from all enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC, then yes, I would be "cool" firing on fellow countrymen in a situation like this. The fact that someone is an American citizen doesn't prevent them from being an enemy of the state.

My fellow countrymen are fired on all the time. Every single day, just about every hour of every day. Our police are often required to use force, deadly force, to apprehend criminals. The only thing I see wrong with this is the fact that these criminals force the police to do such things.

• Fire 1

Wow, dude. You sure have a way of twisting words. I said I "knew of", not "knew." Huge difference.

Oh. So you know of the people on the ground out there in the exact same way that I know of the people on the ground out there. You've read about them. Gotcha.

Apologies. I'll edit the post above to reflect that.

As for the ground truth, you and I run in different circles, professionally. I'll leave it at that.

:lol:

The government can not and does not own anything.

That you have special access to ground truth . . . whatever that is.

Laugh all you want. My world affords me a little more insight into certain things that may not be reported in the media. Personally couldn't care less if you believe that or not.