Rancher vs. Feds

BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured? What an absurd question. Why not ask if anyone here has ever manned a burger grill? If not, their comments have little merit - after all, everyone on either side of this situation is eating. Can't comment unless you've stood tall with the grilling tongs!

You're wrong on all accounts but thanks for jumping to conclusions. A lot of you in this thread are really, really good at that. Congratulations.

I asked the question because had it been answered in the affirmative, my next question would have been this: Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath? Serving could be defined as a lot of different things, not just the military.

Hope you didn't pull something making that big leap.

I'm wrong on what accounts? Asking the wrong questions? The one statement I made was that it was an absurd thing to talk about, and it is. I didn't leap at anything, unless you call the claim that everyone involved eats a "big leap," at which point we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm quite certain everyone there is eating something on a daily basis. If not, I feel bad for them.

To answer the "Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath" question, I suppose that, had I taken the oath to defend the constitution from all enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC, then yes, I would be "cool" firing on fellow countrymen in a situation like this. The fact that someone is an American citizen doesn't prevent them from being an enemy of the state.

My fellow countrymen are fired on all the time. Every single day, just about every hour of every day. Our police are often required to use force, deadly force, to apprehend criminals. The only thing I see wrong with this is the fact that these criminals force the police to do such things.

Nope, this part: "BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured?"

I certainly wasn't saying that if one hasn't taken the oath, they wouldn't understand. I simply asked it to set up my next question. Not sure how much more clear I could have made that when I said "I asked the question because had it been answered in the affirmative, my next question would have been this: Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath? Serving could be defined as a lot of different things, not just the military."

BTW - I've taken an oath, does that mean my opinion has more weight? How much more? Does my oath have precedence over your oath? How are oaths measured? What an absurd question. Why not ask if anyone here has ever manned a burger grill? If not, their comments have little merit - after all, everyone on either side of this situation is eating. Can't comment unless you've stood tall with the grilling tongs!

You're wrong on all accounts but thanks for jumping to conclusions. A lot of you in this thread are really, really good at that. Congratulations.

I asked the question because had it been answered in the affirmative, my next question would have been this: Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath? Serving could be defined as a lot of different things, not just the military.

Hope you didn't pull something making that big leap.

To answer the "Would you have been cool firing on your fellow countrymen while serving and upholding said oath" question, I suppose that, had I taken the oath to defend the constitution from all enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC, then yes, I would be "cool" firing on fellow countrymen in a situation like this. The fact that someone is an American citizen doesn't prevent them from being an enemy of the state.

My fellow countrymen are fired on all the time. Every single day, just about every hour of every day. Our police are often required to use force, deadly force, to apprehend criminals. The only thing I see wrong with this is the fact that these criminals force the police to do such things.

Thanks for making my point. But who's state is it? A government cannot govern without the consent of the people. Oh, and trust me, I am FULLY aware of what our service members see and experience every day.

LOL at forcing the police to do such things. Nobody is forcing them to do anything.

OK, understood. I answered the question about firing on fellow countrymen. What would you do if you were in that situation? Are there circumstances under which you'd fire on a U.S. citizen?

LOL at forcing the police to do such things. Nobody is forcing them to do anything.

I rob a bank at gunpoint, then shoot my way out. On the street, I'm firing at civilians. Am I not forcing the police to take action, and most likely using deadly force to stop me?

Laugh all you want. My world affords me a little more insight into certain things that may not be reported in the media.

Ah, the ol' "insider info that I can't elaborate on."

This is the Wifi of government separatists, if you will.

• Fire 4

Thanks for making my point. But who's state is it? A government cannot govern without the consent of the people. Oh, and trust me, I am FULLY aware of what our service members see and experience every day.

If you're still wondering why I suspect the posse/sovereign connection the bold would provide another clue.

Laugh all you want. My world affords me a little more insight into certain things that may not be reported in the media.

Yep . . . it's top secret . . . but I'll make vague allusions to it on a public message board. Real CIA level stuff.

Yep . . . it's top secret . . . but I'll make vague allusions to it on a public message board. Real CIA level stuff.

The Mackovicka's know what they are talking about, guys.

You're a funny dude. I made no such allusion to the CIA or any other alphabet agency. This is boring me and we'll never agree but thanks for the entertainment.

Now, I'm off to reinforce my bunker. :ahhhhhhhh:facepalm:

You're a funny dude. I made no such allusion to the CIA or any other alphabet agency. This is boring me and we'll never agree but thanks for the entertainment.

Now, I'm off to reinforce my bunker. :ahhhhhhhh:facepalm:

Ah, then it's reruns of The Lone Gunmen then?

Holy sh#t...Snowden joined Huskerboard. Must be boring in Russia?

Midnight...So if the government doesn't "own" any land, the land that the military bases use are public also? Does that mean the military is the people's also to do with what they like. I have some real sh**ty neighbors that I would like disposed of.

Unless your ancestors were granted land from England, Spain or one of the other colonial powers, its almost a lock that your land was at one point owned by the Federal Government. The Louisiana Purchase, or the a fore mentioned land ceded by Mexico, all Federal Land. You can go down to your county court house and actually look at land deeds and follow the chain of ownership to the current owner. Land Grants were a big key in 'settling the West' You can find many cases in Nebraska where a family has owned land directly from the Land Grant.

Unless your ancestors were granted land from England, Spain or one of the other colonial powers, its almost a lock that your land was at one point owned by the Federal Government. The Louisiana Purchase, or the a fore mentioned land ceded by Mexico, all Federal Land. You can go down to your county court house and actually look at land deeds and follow the chain of ownership to the current owner. Land Grants were a big key in 'settling the West' You can find many cases in Nebraska where a family has owned land directly from the Land Grant.

This is a good point. The "government can't own land" folks might want to rethink their position if they own real property . . . because if their argument is correct there's a better than decent chance that any deed that they hold is worthless.