Rancher vs. Feds

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) intensified his criticism of armed militia members supporting rancher Cliven Bundy, calling them “domestic terrorists.”

“They’re nothing more than domestic terrorists,” Reid said Thursday at an event hosted by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, according to the newspaper. “I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism.”

Reid specifically criticized Bundy supporters for bringing guns and their children to the ranch to defend him against the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). BLM officials and contractors started rounding up Bundy’s cattle last week because of his refusal to pay $1 million in grazing fees, but they backed down Saturday due to safety concerns.

Full Article

Where you tend to lose me in this thread is when we're talking about a common criminal . . . and a government agency that is attempting to enforce the law . . .

So are you always in favor of the government enforcing the law?

Against 20+ years of criminal activity? Yes. I am. You?

“I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism.”

Full Article

Sounds pretty accurate. Good on Reid for speaking the truth.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities . . . to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion . . .

http://www.fbi.gov/a...rism-definition

Mr. Bundy, your chickens are going to come home to roost just as soon as your pack of armed hillbillies head home.

I guess what I don't get is why the Gov't kept letting him do this? Maybe I didn't get the whole story, but after a few months, the BLM should have just come in and squashed it instead of letting it go on for so long...

I agree. It should have been dealt with long ago. Better late than never, I suppose.

I guess what I don't get is why the Gov't kept letting him do this? Maybe I didn't get the whole story, but after a few months, the BLM should have just come in and squashed it instead of letting it go on for so long...

Apparently they've been trying to settle this peacefully either in court of with a civil agreement for 15-20 years. So it's been ongoing. But clearly Bundy had no intention of continuing to steal the usage of land that wasn't his and no intention of paying the back rent and fines, so they had to start rounding up his cattle as a last resort.

No that is a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT.

I'm going to go rob a bank, then when federal agents come after me I'll have that guy on my side. He's got the true interests of REAL AMERICANS at heart. Thank god someone has our back in protecting us from our tyrannical dictatorship government