Rancher vs. Feds

AMERICA IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND THE CONSTITUTION IS THE GREATEST DOCUMENT EVER WRITTEN AND I'D LIKE TO DESTROY THAT COUNTRY AND OVERTHROW ITS GOVERNMENT. STAND TALL FELLOW PATRIOTS

giphy.gif

I wish I could give you more than a +1 for that.

Ummm...that's what they just tried doing and look what happened? They ended up with a bunch of idiots with guns pointed at them.

Yea because they let this drag out far too long.

By not being proactive, this has just become another thing for two groups, who 6 months ago couldn't give a sh*t whether or not this guy was breaking the law, to point fingers at each other.

Neither side is right in this fiasco.

Idiots with guns looking for a fight would have flocked to his side no matter when they attempted this. Don't kid yourself by thinking anything else, lol.

But how much has the main stream media and social media made this bigger than it should be?

2 months ago how many people even knew about this? It wouldn't have been enough to make a difference once law enforcement showed up...

Idiots with guns looking for a fight would have flocked to his side no matter when they attempted this. Don't kid yourself by thinking anything else, lol.

But how much has the main stream media and social media made this bigger than it should be?

2 months ago how many people even knew about this? It wouldn't have been enough to make a difference once law enforcement showed up...

Wat?

Nobody knew about this 2 months ago because there was no story until the tea party militia showed up with semiauto rifles and ebay flak jackets talking about how they're putting women in the line of fire in case shooting breaks out in order to make the government look bad. That's what created the story.

Bundy has been an impossible person to deal with, courts are slow, and from everything I've seen the BLM was doing all it could to resolve this peacefully lest a crazy militia standoff occur, which is why 20 years of careful plotting and treading water took place - to try to avoid this. Turns out, it was unavoidable anyways. Cousin Jed's Tea Party Patriot Militia was going to show up regardless of when the roundup started.

And if you think that Bundy would say "Oh yes of course I'll remove my cattle, thank you for being reasonable" if the local sheriff showed up to enforce the BLM's federal laws and court orders rather than federal officers, you are just as delusional as Cousin Jed.

• Fire 3

Look, these radical right-wingers have some really crazy and really connected groups that constantly deliberate every single angle of government news and conspire about how everything is a sign that the federal government is overreaching. I guarantee that very few of the militia had ever heard of Cliven Bundy before 2-3 weeks ago, but once an obscure story about federal agents rounding up cattle was seen by a couple of people, that was it. That sort of "government tyranny" sets off the right-wingers like yelling fire in a crowded theater. So I still don't get what your issue with this situation is. There's just too much crazy on Bundy's side to make any part of this whole thing rational in any sense.

Nobody knew about this 2 months ago because there was no story until the tea party militia showed up with semiauto rifles and ebay flak jackets talking about how they're putting women in the line of fire in case shooting breaks out in order to make the government look bad. That's what created the story.

Bundy has been an impossible person to deal with, courts are slow, and from everything I've seen the BLM was doing all it could to resolve this peacefully lest a crazy militia standoff occur, which is why 20 years of careful plotting and treading water took place - to try to avoid this. Turns out, it was unavoidable anyways. Cousin Jed's Tea Party Patriot Militia was going to show up regardless of when the roundup started.

And if you think that Bundy would say "Oh yes of course I'll remove my cattle, thank you for being reasonable" if the local sheriff showed up to enforce the BLM's federal laws and court orders rather than federal officers, you are just as delusional as Cousin Jed.

Exactly, and if the gov't would have handled this before it got this exposure, this isn't even a conversation...

Was the BLM really doing all it could? I doubt it.

They send the local Sheriff and a few deputies to Mr Bundy's house, because that's part of the law enforcement's mission statement, and take him in. Is he going to be reasonable, probably not, but thats life. While they are doing that, another group is rounding up his herd and removing it from the property in question...

Thats called tactics...

Why is everyone acting like Bundy was some sort of threat before this? It's not like he's Erwin f*cking Rommel or something. He's a self righteous douchebag who thinks he can do as he pleases...

Exactly, and if the gov't would have handled this before it got this exposure, this isn't even a conversation...

Don't you get it? It got this exposure BECAUSE the government started handling it. This was going to happen regardless of when/how they started removing his cattle.

Was the BLM really doing all it could? I doubt it.

Years of fighting him through courts and other matters in order to prevent what just happened. I guess if you want to believe that, go ahead. You've cited no sources.

They send the local Sheriff and a few deputies to Mr Bundy's house, because that's part of the law enforcement's mission statement, and take him in. Is he going to be reasonable, probably not, but thats life. While they are doing that, another group is rounding up his herd and removing it from the property in question...

...and guess what, the militia shows up in greater force than they already did. Because guess what, in their minds not only are you rounding up his personal property for what the crazies deem is no good reason, now you've arrested an upstanding Patriot for no good reason as well.

Thats called tactics...

lol

Why is everyone acting like Bundy was some sort of threat before this? It's not like he's Erwin f*cking Rommel or something. He's a self righteous douchebag who thinks he can do as he pleases...

He was never a threat. The threat is the army of tea-baggers who jump into action at any sign of perceived injustice.

Neither side is right in this fiasco.

Okay...so the Federal government used due process, gave Bundy ample time and opportunities to pay up or relocate (in spite of multiple court rulings against Bundy and local reporting which shows that Bundy doesn't have a familial claim to the land), and you're saying the Federal Government is partially in the wrong? Because they gave Bundy opportunities to make right?

facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

He was never a threat. The threat is the army of tea-baggers who jump into action at any sign of perceived injustice.

That, ladies and gents, is your American Taliban™ in action.

Or inaction, as it were.

Don't you get it? It got this exposure BECAUSE the government started handling it. This was going to happen regardless of when/how they started removing his cattle.

No, I get it, the Gov't took their sweet time, and when you let something drag out, this happens...

Years of fighting him through courts and other matters in order to prevent what just happened. I guess if you want to believe that, go ahead. You've cited no sources.

cited sources? You're funny. If it takes you 20 years to do anything, you're not in much of a hurry to get it done.

...and guess what, the militia shows up in greater force than they already did. Because guess what, in their minds not only are you rounding up his personal property for what the crazies deem is no good reason, now you've arrested an upstanding Patriot for no good reason as well.

as previously stated, the Gov't took their sweet time... I'm sure Carl could give an 8 paragraph dissertation as to all the injunctions and other legal BS that was filed to draw this thing out...

I can't believe you're arguing for bureaucratic red tape, which makes this an asinine argument...

because of the BLM's failure to do anything about this...

couple lessons that apply to this matter...

The important things are always simple; the simple are always hard. The easy way is always mined.

~ Sgt Murphy

"A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future."

- General George Patton Jr