Post Spring Position Ranking

Rate 1-5 on each position

Elaborate if you want

QB- 3.5 Armstrong needs to grow and become more consistent but to be able to win us some games instead of just manage the game. I like our depth though.

RB- 4.5 We have an elite in Abdullah and we have great pieces behind him. Would have given us a 5, but it will depend on how we use Cross, Newby, and Taylor to compliment Ameer.

WR- 3.5 We have a solid corps. Bell and Turner have been injury prone and we dont have a serious wr that can just win one on one battles against a good db. Solid depth but we need Moore to step up and give us a little more explosiveness at the WR position.

OL- 3.5 I like Lewis and Sterup at Tackles and Cotton and Moudy, Kondolo, or Price at G. Center will be a question mark on if Pelini can handle a B1G slate or if Reeves can overtake that spot. Experience is why this group gets a 3.5. I think they have great talent but how will they respond when the bullets start flying. Should have good depth, but i thought that last year and look what happened.

TE-3 Carter is in position to make a big leap here, and we have some unproven younger guys like Cotton and Foster.

DT- 4.5 Love our depth and talent at DT. They are all young too. Hope Williams can add to the depth of VV, Collins, Curry, and Maurice.

DE- 4 Best in the B1G with RG44 and McMullen seems to be coming on. Depth holds back this group from being special. We will miss Moss this year, but he should be back next year. We need a Fresh to come in and be a situational pass rusher like Sedrick King. Hope Newby can make an impact here too.

LB-4 Good depth. I like ZA, Rose, and Bando starting here with solid time from Love and Santos. Nobody should be complacent bc nobody but ZA has a spot locked up. We need to get Rose off the field on 3rd downs and keep Bando and ZA in their so they can cover.

S- 4 Love our safeties and our depth their too. Leroy will be a star and Coop can tackle and cover. Great young depth pushing them.

CB- 3.5 I like Mitchell but we are unproven at our other spot. Rose has talent but i think Cockrell will take some snaps once he gets the system down. Charles Jackson could move out here when we are out of nickel.

You're not the only one I see doing it, but I'm just curious as to why a lot of the articles I read, and as you mentioned, is it said that king and wills will factor in at DE. I can't remember the last time a true freshman DL came in and got any playing time. Can't remember it ever happening in BP's time. Whenever we get an incoming DL recruit I automatically chalk them up to a redshirt year

QB-1.5

RB-4.5

FB-2.5

TE-2.0

OL-2.0

WR-3.5

DE-4.0

DT-3.5

LB-3.0

CB-3.0

S-3.0

Solid, although I think you're a little low on OL and our Linebackers. OL is certainly a 3.5 or higher, while our LBs were pretty good most of the year and have fantastic depth, maybe more than any other position on defense. I would give them a 4.0.

Meh. Our o-line has a potential to be a 4.0-4.5, but we have 4 starters to replace. Yes, there is quality players with some experience filling in, but we have more questions here than the average fbs team, IMO.

LB get an average rating due to a mix of injuries and lack of an obvious all-conference LB at this point. Once again, potential to be very special with the likes of Zaire or Bando, but nothing eye popping right now.

CB we have Mitchell, but unconfirmed on the other side. I completely expect this to be a solid position by years end.

S is a lot like CB, but I think Gerry has they most potential of anyone on this defense and that is saying a lot. Right now it appears to be like most team safeties situation.

Rate 1-5 on each position

Elaborate if you want

QB- 3.5 Armstrong needs to grow and become more consistent but to be able to win us some games instead of just manage the game. I like our depth though.

RB- 4.5 We have an elite in Abdullah and we have great pieces behind him. Would have given us a 5, but it will depend on how we use Cross, Newby, and Taylor to compliment Ameer.

WR- 3.5 We have a solid corps. Bell and Turner have been injury prone and we dont have a serious wr that can just win one on one battles against a good db. Solid depth but we need Moore to step up and give us a little more explosiveness at the WR position.

OL- 3.5 I like Lewis and Sterup at Tackles and Cotton and Moudy, Kondolo, or Price at G. Center will be a question mark on if Pelini can handle a B1G slate or if Reeves can overtake that spot. Experience is why this group gets a 3.5. I think they have great talent but how will they respond when the bullets start flying. Should have good depth, but i thought that last year and look what happened.

TE-3 Carter is in position to make a big leap here, and we have some unproven younger guys like Cotton and Foster.

DT- 4.5 Love our depth and talent at DT. They are all young too. Hope Williams can add to the depth of VV, Collins, Curry, and Maurice.

DE- 4 Best in the B1G with RG44 and McMullen seems to be coming on. Depth holds back this group from being special. We will miss Moss this year, but he should be back next year. We need a Fresh to come in and be a situational pass rusher like Sedrick King. Hope Newby can make an impact here too.

LB-4 Good depth. I like ZA, Rose, and Bando starting here with solid time from Love and Santos. Nobody should be complacent bc nobody but ZA has a spot locked up. We need to get Rose off the field on 3rd downs and keep Bando and ZA in their so they can cover.

S- 4 Love our safeties and our depth their too. Leroy will be a star and Coop can tackle and cover. Great young depth pushing them.

CB- 3.5 I like Mitchell but we are unproven at our other spot. Rose has talent but i think Cockrell will take some snaps once he gets the system down. Charles Jackson could move out here when we are out of nickel.

You're not the only one I see doing it, but I'm just curious as to why a lot of the articles I read, and as you mentioned, is it said that king and wills will factor in at DE. I can't remember the last time a true freshman DL came in and got any playing time. Can't remember it ever happening in BP's time. Whenever we get an incoming DL recruit I automatically chalk them up to a redshirt year

Last year 2 true frosh played bc of immediate lack of depth. That is the case at d end this year. They brought in 6 dline this year and they said they are expecting some to play. My guess is it wouldn't be at d tackle and I think king is explosive enough to be able to get after a qb in a passing situation.