Other Team's Negative Achievements

I was thinking there would've been a thread or two on here pointing out our lack of 1-2 rd production. I'm glad there wasn't because, quite frankly I don't really care how many go pro, I care how they do IN college.

Hasn't really been a lack of production. SJB this year, David in 12', Prince in 11', Suh in 10'...8' & 9 nothing, but 7' Had Carriker/Jackson, Bulloks in 06', Fabian/Ruud/Bullocks in 05', Kelsay in 03', Fonoti in 02', Vanden Bosche, Raiola in 01'.....

We get 1 or 2 in the first couple rounds every year. Not A&M levels, but not really a 'lack of production' either.

In regards to rounds 1-2: we'll never have a QB drafted early. RBs - our strength are 3rd round or later in today's world (even A. Green was 3rd round). We only just recently started recruiting larger LBers. We don't have a passing scheme so our OL and WRs suffer in the draft. TE's are glorified lineman these days.

That leaves, from a 1st or 2nd round perspective, the DL, and our DBs/Safeties. Not a very large pool to pick from. I think going forward both our LBers and WRs are beginning to turn heads in the NFL.

this might rankle some of you, but I think it's relevant to the discussion. I'm not trying to start a Bo debate.

Seeing Ohio State,USC, UNC, Miami, PSU, etc. affected by major scandals,Alabama's shady oversigning practices, and Florida under Meyer plagued with arrests, one thing I feel pretty damn certain about: with Bo, stuff like that will NEVER happen at NU. A lot of those programs won championships, but those came with the cost of scandals, shady practices, and rosters that make the police blotter. Is that worth it? I'm sure a lot of the fans of those programs might say yes, but being that many of us Nebraskans prize good character and values, I would say that isn't worth it.

The only NCAA violation we've had is that NU covered textbook expenses that they weren't supposed to. Pretty much says it all, the worst thing we've done is encouraging athletes to read outside their required course material.

Well......there are some who think Nebraska's rise to dominance in the '90s was aided by Tom Osborne's willingness to expand his recruiting comfort zone and wade into players of questionable academic and character standards. Plenty of police blotter activity on those NC teams. Husker fans didn't like it, but most rallied around the team to defend the program against the scrutiny of the national press. Double-edged sword, for sure. I'd like to think you can have it both ways: high character and high performance. Pretty sure you can. I don't think Bo has sacrificed talent for higher character. He has the horses. He just needs to get more focus and discipline from the players he has.

And in college football I would never say NEVER about anything scandal related. Unless you could forsee Joe Paterno ending his career the way he did.

Stanley - 2nd round. Pretty good spot for him, I thought he might sneak in late First Round because of all the hype with Sherman-type CB.

Long - 3rd round. Likely 1-2 round if not for injury. Still good with the injury.

Enunwa - 6th round. I thought he would go around the 5th. He's a big body. I think he'll do well.

Not a bad draft.