SIGNED - WR Stanley Morgan

So who is going to open a Deanie's or Lil' Dizzy's in Lincoln to make him feel at home? Buzzard Billy's ain't gonna cut it. *New Orleans bounce out the post, putcha bally's on* (Hey I'm from an older generation) #GBR!

lol what you know about that and maybe i can come open up some seafood spots

Those are great pics. You guys certainly did your homework, a lot of families sleep on Nebraska. Stanley will get everything he needs to get his degree and be productive on the field. Speaking of on field, I think he has a good chance to play a lot next year. Once he gets in Nebraska's strength and conditioning program, he'll be a very physically imposing wideout.

thanks

So who is going to open a Deanie's or Lil' Dizzy's in Lincoln to make him feel at home? Buzzard Billy's ain't gonna cut it. *New Orleans bounce out the post, putcha bally's on* (Hey I'm from an older generation) #GBR!

That would be great, Lincoln's pretty limited in that area being so far from the water and the Nebraska beef reputation. Some of those fresh chargrilled oysters I had that were the size of a '52 Buick hubcap at Mike Anderson's in Gonzales sound pretty good to me right now too. Nothing in America compares to the food and music of the Crescent to me. It's as good as it gets.

That would be great, Lincoln's pretty limited in that area being so far from the water and the Nebraska beef reputation. Some of those fresh chargrilled oysters I had that were the size of a '52 Buick hubcap at Mike Anderson's in Gonzales sound pretty good to me right now too. Nothing in America compares to the food and music of the Crescent to me. It's as good as it gets.
i love my city

i love my city

"Goin' back home, fe nan e'

In the land of the Carnival Queen

I'm goin' back home to my baby

Goin' back to New Orleans" - Dr. John and the Neville Brothers ......I was all excited when there was talk of moving the Southern Miss vs. Nebraska game to the Dome as I thought a lot of Nebraskans would be on board to travel including myself. Ah well I'm overdue for a return trip to Essence. Anyway I'm happy to see you give your blessing and your son choose to venture north. I watched Tyrone Hughes and Mickey Joseph do big things as a kid up here, I believe Mr. Morgan is on his way as well. You didn't hold former 'Husker Josh Bullocks's struggles as a Saint against the Big Red, lol. Thanks for adding your perspective and contributions to the board and I hope to see in the future too. Always enjoyable to read and see the coaches are doing right by the kids and fam as they should.

i love my city

"Goin' back home, fe nan e'

In the land of the Carnival Queen

I'm goin' back home to my baby

Goin' back to New Orleans" - Dr. John and the Neville Brothers ......I was all excited when there was talk of moving the Southern Miss vs. Nebraska game to the Dome as I thought a lot of Nebraskans would be on board to travel including myself. Ah well I'm overdue for a return trip to Essence. Anyway I'm happy to see you give your blessing and your son choose to venture north. I watched Tyrone Hughes and Mickey Joseph do big things as a kid up here, I believe Mr. Morgan is on his way as well. You didn't hold former 'Husker Josh Bullocks's struggles as a Saint against the Big Red, lol. Thanks for adding your perspective and contributions to the board and I hope to see in the future too. Always enjoyable to read and see the coaches are doing right by the kids and fam as they should.

thanks anytime

Welcome, Stanley! :bigredn:

Sounds like we can thank mom for the commitment, link.

His mom, Monique Jason, prodded him to do it. She came with him for the Sept. 27 night game against Illinois.

I think she might love Nebraska more than I do, Morgan wrote.

Also, Morgan was not a silent commit, but that doesn't matter know.
No i left the decision up to my son. But yes i loved the academic of the university and he did also. I didn't say Nebraska was my favorite until he told me he made up his mind. I raised him right lol

His mom, Monique Jason, prodded him to do it. She came with him for the Sept. 27 night game against Illinois.

An example of why the NCAA not allowing schools to pay for a parent/guardian to accompany their kid on a visit is idiotic.

Either way great pick up

like i said i asked my son to take the visit but I totally left the decision of his choice up to him. Never mentioned that Nebraska was my favorite choice until he told me he decided on his commitment
And props to you for allowing him to make that decision. We've seen kids commit only to have their parents block their commitment.

BTW your boy got them hands. He got hops too. Lol

lol thanks its crazy because that's the first question all the universities wanted to know....by Stan being my only child they didn't think I would allow him to leave home. Lol really? He needs to experience more than just New Orleans and he told me we was going to leave town.
I apologize, bit long winded but....

I hope our coaches can instill this mindset, of leaving their home state, in more recruits. I know for one when I was choosing schools for swimming I applied to one instate school, TCU...how I wish Nebraska had a male swim program - side tangent it would've been awesome to swim for Pablo!

However, I was ready to get away from Texas. The four year break was a great experience, especially in Southwest Missouri - go bears - both parents were from the state originally and grandparents lived there. However, once I finished up school I realized what my home state had to offer, it's a sense of rejuvenation. I was ready to come back and make a difference.

I feel like a lot of athletes can do what Stanley did and choose a great fit school out of state, away from pressures of other kids from your high school. For example, I felt like half my high school went to Texas tech - joke I know - and it wouldn't have allowed me to become who I am now. I know I developed and matured a lot spending 4 years away from my parents and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That sounds bad, but being 6 1/2 hours away allowed me to make independent decisions. I'm very proud of his decision.

Additionally, being from Texas and having a lot of LSU buddies I know the talent pool of NOLA, I'm glad we could snag him. Out of curiously, and you don't have to answer, are there guys from his team that are showing interest in Nebraska? I just wonder what the school's reputation is down there. I know in Dallas, the school has lost traction because of leaving the Big XII - just curious what the southern states feel about the school.

I feel like coaches / AD personal opinion on schools make a difference - at least somewhat. The AD at my old high school is an Arkansas grad. He was able to swap a lifelong OU fan to sighing with Arkansas. Again, probably addition, unnecessary information but just providing an antidote as to what we're facing recruiting wise in Texas.

Congrats on his decision, choosing a school away from the quote unquote comfort zone of his home state, great step towards developing into a great man - although based off your responses and involvement that's obviously not a concern. He's got a great influence to follow! Hope you stick around huskerboard after all the signing day festivities and look forward to your feedback about the program and his growth at a special place.

It's pretty awesome to have a first hand experience of the recruiting process. Most of us could only dream of having NU's staff in our house - recruiting our kids, although I'm not going to have to worry about that for a while. Go big red! Welcome to Husker Nation. Also, hope he can make an easy trip for you to the Superdome when the playoffs are there in the next couple years. NOLA is a heck of a city, travel there for business quite a bit and the history/mystique of

It is pretty awesome.

PS Saints are my adopted team. Growing up in the 90s in Dallas, everyone was a Cowboys fan and I couldn't stand it. I picked the next closest team - plus NOLA always sparked my interest from this history side alone. It was awesome to see what Drew Bree's did with that team after the hurricane. I really wish they would've heald onto Sproles. Guy is a stud, still remember him tearing it up against us in 03... Hopefully they can make a playoff push! Who dat! Coming from a guy dating a cowboys fan. Sad thing is, their still the same bandwagon fans - her pops has season tickets 8 rows up and the last few years, I've been fortunate enough to go with her. Have yet to see the same person sitting next to us. However, she loves giving me grief this year.

End rant 😏

• Fire 1

No i left the decision up to my son. But yes i loved the academic of the university and he did also. I didn't say Nebraska was my favorite until he told me he made up his mind. I raised him right lol

An example of why the NCAA not allowing schools to pay for a parent/guardian to accompany their kid on a visit is idiotic.

Either way great pick up

like i said i asked my son to take the visit but I totally left the decision of his choice up to him. Never mentioned that Nebraska was my favorite choice until he told me he decided on his commitment
And props to you for allowing him to make that decision. We've seen kids commit only to have their parents block their commitment.

lol thanks its crazy because that's the first question all the universities wanted to know....by Stan being my only child they didn't think I would allow him to leave home. Lol really? He needs to experience more than just New Orleans and he told me we was going to leave town.

I hope our coaches can instill this mindset, of leaving their home state, in more recruits. I know for one when I was choosing schools for swimming I applied to one instate school, TCU...how I wish Nebraska had a male swim program - side tangent it would've been awesome to swim for Pablo!

However, I was ready to get away from Texas. The four year break was a great experience, especially in Southwest Missouri - go bears - both parents were from the state originally and grandparents lived there. However, once I finished up school I realized what my home state had to offer, it's a sense of rejuvenation. I was ready to come back and make a difference.

I feel like a lot of athletes can do what Stanley did and choose a great fit school out of state, away from pressures of other kids from your high school. For example, I felt like half my high school went to Texas tech - joke I know - and it wouldn't have allowed me to become who I am now. I know I developed and matured a lot spending 4 years away from my parents and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That sounds bad, but being 6 1/2 hours away allowed me to make independent decisions. I'm very proud of his decision.

Additionally, being from Texas and having a lot of LSU buddies I know the talent pool of NOLA, I'm glad we could snag him. Out of curiously, and you don't have to answer, are there guys from his team that are showing interest in Nebraska? I just wonder what the school's reputation is down there. I know in Dallas, the school has lost traction because of leaving the Big XII - just curious what the southern states feel about the school.

I feel like coaches / AD personal opinion on schools make a difference - at least somewhat. The AD at my old high school is an Arkansas grad. He was able to swap a lifelong OU fan to sighing with Arkansas. Again, probably addition, unnecessary information but just providing an antidote as to what we're facing recruiting wise in Texas.

Congrats on his decision, choosing a school away from the quote unquote comfort zone of his home state, great step towards developing into a great man - although based off your responses and involvement that's obviously not a concern. He's got a great influence to follow! Hope you stick around huskerboard after all the signing day festivities and look forward to your feedback about the program and his growth at a special place.

It's pretty awesome to have a first hand experience of the recruiting process. Most of us could only dream of having NU's staff in our house - recruiting our kids, although I'm not going to have to worry about that for a while. Go big red! Welcome to Husker Nation. Also, hope he can make an easy trip for you to the Superdome when the playoffs are there in the next couple years. NOLA is a heck of a city, travel there for business quite a bit and the history/mystique of

It is pretty awesome.

PS Saints are my adopted team. Growing up in the 90s in Dallas, everyone was a Cowboys fan and I couldn't stand it. I picked the next closest team - plus NOLA always sparked my interest from this history side alone. It was awesome to see what Drew Bree's did with that team after the hurricane. I really wish they would've heald onto Sproles. Guy is a stud, still remember him tearing it up against us in 03... Hopefully they can make a playoff push! Who dat! Coming from a guy dating a cowboys fan. Sad thing is, their still the same bandwagon fans - her pops has season tickets 8 rows up and the last few years, I've been fortunate enough to go with her. Have yet to see the same person sitting next to us. However, she loves giving me grief this year.

End rant 😏

wow thanks for the information. I really don't know if they had other football players interested in Nebraska before but now Stanley has made a big impact on Nebraska. Not just his school but alot of players in Louisiana. Showing them not to be scared to leave ur city. By him being an only child i really knows he is very focused. He always said he wanted to attend a university out of town so i wasn't surprised. He is a very good kid very respectable very well mannered coachable and a leader.I hope Nebraska make it to the Superdome. I will stay on HUSKERBOARD so everyone can keep me posted. Thanks again

Either way great pick up

It is pretty awesome.

End rant 😏

wow thanks for the information. I really don't know if they had other football players interested in Nebraska before but now Stanley has made a big impact on Nebraska. Not just his school but alot of players in Louisiana. Showing them not to be scared to leave ur city. By him being an only child i really knows he is very focused. He always said he wanted to attend a university out of town so i wasn't surprised. He is a very good kid very respectable very well mannered coachable and a leader.I hope Nebraska make it to the Superdome. I will stay on HUSKERBOARD so everyone can keep me posted. Thanks again
oh i forgot Tyrone Hughes went to the same school as Stan and went to Nebraska in the late 80s. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints.They already have several kids from New Orleans at Nebraska and I know of one other that recently committed
  • Fire 1

http://dataomaha.com/huskers/state/LA

Unfortunately it's not allowed to post the data directly since it originates from the local Omaha paper but there is a storied list of players from Louisiana in Lincoln over the years. Quite a few big names. Will be interesting to see how Coach Riley recruits the area in the coming years.. Extraordinary amount of gifted and talented kids in the "Boot" for a state that is a little over 4 1/2 million people.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately it's not allowed to post the data directly since it originates from the local Omaha paper but there is a storied list of players from Louisiana in Lincoln over the years. Quite a few big names. Will be interesting to see how Coach Riley recruits the area in the coming years.. Extraordinary amount of gifted and talented kids in the "Boot" for a state that is a little over 4 1/2 million people.

thanks for the information about to check it out

thanks for the information about to check it out
they left out Burton Burns from St.Augustine same school as Stan and Tyrone Hughes he went way back in the days i think he coach for Texas A&M