Our Own Moniker

Let's have an email "suggestion box" and put in names that could be used to select an ideal name for the current Huskers offense. Something that will stick and would catch on with the rest of the country as the moniker would make us identifiable and unique. The MidWest Offense sounds pretty lame and boring. It probable shouldn't have a coaches name attached, so it would be more enduring.

If we can somehow come to a consensus, we could push it out there in public, likely to the media.

Last year, I had thought of Haymaker Offense. I don't know if names like Red Storm/Thunder/Lightning are too trite? Since a winning name could possible be used nationwide to describe the NU offense, it should be worthy of the reputation of the team.

I thought that if we received some decent names that we could agree on a Top 10 and then a winner. Maybe someone like Eric The Red would need to monitor, since this Board is full of disagreement on different subjects.

Do you gals/guys think this is an endeavor that is worth the effort?

Roy, I think that is a good idea. I know when Coach Callahan took over the talking heads on ESPN and so on were calling it the "Midwest Coast Offense"

I believe that the offense is going to be alot better this year so I think that the Offensive players should get t-shirts that say "Red Storm Rising"

It might be a little early to name the offense, we might have to wait until the end of this season and see what happens.

Somehow Corn Coast isn't a classic type name and we are not on the coast. Since this is ours why not tag it to the geographic area? The Red I (Eye) might be too cutesy for the national writers. I'd like to see something that has a nice ring to it, that outsiders are not going to poke fun with. Corn and Bugeaters would invite that.

We have the Great Plains, blizzards, storms, thunder, lightning, tornados, hail, sleet and Red Cloud (Ogallala warrior). Would Red Shock/Wave be too bizzare? We don't need to wait until our offense is at the top, before we name it, because this needs to be enduring, like the Black Shirts name. Incidently, the original German word Blitzkreig means a rapidly advancing force by land and air. Unfortunately, the short term "blitz" is used for defense in football jargon.

RTO (Red Thunder Offense)?

How about since we are still in the "I" set a high percentage of the time we call it the red (eye) “I” set offense

Man, I am glad our school colors are red and white and brown and white..

"Brown eye (I) set"...... doesn't sound real good , huh... :rollin

I'm sorry, just struck me as funny.....

I kind of like GPA...

How about since we are still in the "I" set a high percentage of the time we call it the red (eye) “I” set offense

Man, I am glad our school colors are red and white and brown and white..

"Brown eye (I) set"...... doesn't sound real good , huh... :rollin

I'm sorry, just struck me as funny.....

I kind of like GPA...

:rollin