Husker Camp Countdown

Husker Camp Countdown: No. 17 Jamal Turner

BY RICH KAIPUST / WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER / 08:00 AM, SUNDAY, JUL. 27

Jamal Turner | 6-1 | 190 | Sr. | Wide Receiver

Last season’s problems with a hamstring and a leg injury limited him to eight games and 13 receptions. That spoiled the expectations that were brewing after a sophomore year in which Turner caught 32 passes, included the go-ahead scores against Michigan State and Penn State in 2012.

LINK

Husker Camp Countdown: No. 16 Cethan Carter

POSTED: MONDAY, JULY 28, 2014 8:00 AM By Rich Kaipust / World-Herald staff writer

From now until the start of fall camp, The World-Herald will be counting down the top 50 players you need to know heading into the 2014 football season.
Cethan Carter | 6-4 | 240 | Sophomore | Tight end
Potential seems to ooze from the talented second-year player who has the size of a tight end but runs like a receiver.

I think Cethan can be a star for us. My only dig on him is that he didn't seem to have very soft hands last year. Seems like he dropped a lot of catchable balls.

I think Cethan can be a star for us. My only dig on him is that he didn't seem to have very soft hands last year. Seems like he dropped a lot of catchable balls.

I guess I don't remember him dropping passes. I remember him being open several times and our QBs couldn't get the ball to him.

• Fire 4

I guess I don't remember him dropping passes. I remember him being open several times and our QBs couldn't get the ball to him.

Yeah, this. He was overthrown, alot. He did have a few drops, but it's not like he was getting a bunch of really catchable balls thrown his way.

Carter will be a fun TE to watch for us. I was excited every time he ran a route last season because he is the type that if it is even close to him he will catch it. Now they have to make sure it gets close to him.

For sure. There were 2-3 misses that were guaranteed TD's because he had split the seam, and had a LB trailing.

Absolutely. It seemed like almost every time they tried that seem route that it was either dropped or overthrown. I do believe they converted at least one of those seem routes in the bowl game but that was so long ago i could be imaging things. What I do remember was that assbag Cunningham butchering the telecast, Anyway...I think he may be that breakout offensive reciever this year as he is finally comfortable in the system and its his time to make an impact.

Absolutely. It seemed like almost every time they tried that seem route that it was either dropped or overthrown. I do believe they converted at least one of those seem routes in the bowl game but that was so long ago i could be imaging things. What I do remember was that assbag Cunningham butchering the telecast, Anyway...I think he may be that breakout offensive reciever this year as he is finally comfortable in the system and its his time to make an impact.

Yeah, he caught one in the bowl. The miss that sticks out most to me was against Michigan. He had the safeties split and a LB in tow about 5 yards behind. If it's a catch, he's got a 50 yard TD.

Yeah, he caught one in the bowl. The miss that sticks out most to me was against Michigan. He had the safeties split and a LB in tow about 5 yards behind. If it's a catch, he's got a 50 yard TD.

Yep. Thats ok because it was fun ripping their heart out at the end! Im still not sure if that lateral to AA wasnt forward

Yep. Thats ok because it was fun ripping their heart out at the end! Im still not sure if that lateral to AA wasnt forward

It was, but it didn't matter because Tommy was behind the LOS.

I used to live in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area for 4-5 years. One of the most arrogant fan bases in college football. Like the Kentucky of college basketball without the recent success. Cant stand their team and fans are worst! One of my favorite moments of the year last year! without a doubt! Getting that stop on 4th and 5 in the bowl game was probably my favorite though!

Husker Camp Countdown: No. 15 Imani Cross

BY SAM MCKEWON / WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER / 08:00 AM, MONDAY, JUL. 29

Imani Cross | 6-1 | 230 | Jr. | Running back

Cross still excels inside the red zone and in short-yardage situations, and this spring he flashed more talent to pull away from defenders and change directions in the hole.

Cross needs to improve as a pass-catcher and a pass-blocker, but if he does that in fall camp, he’ll be the cemented backup to Ameer Abdullah.

LINK

Husker Camp Countdown: No. 15 Imani Cross

BY SAM MCKEWON / WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER / 08:00 AM, MONDAY, JUL. 29

Imani Cross | 6-1 | 230 | Jr. | Running back

Cross still excels inside the red zone and in short-yardage situations, and this spring he flashed more talent to pull away from defenders and change directions in the hole.

Cross needs to improve as a pass-catcher and a pass-blocker, but if he does that in fall camp, he’ll be the cemented backup to Ameer Abdullah.

LINK

One thing we have this year is several great I-backs. Imani Cross being one of them. It'll be interesting to compare Imani with Adam Taylor coming off his redshirt year.

btw, Was that #16 when you cut-and-pasted the title? Or did you type it in? Cethan Carter was no. 16 yesterday. :lol:

edit: It was 16 when I posted this. Revisionist history! Ha ha!

Husker Camp Countdown: No. 14 Maliek Collins

BY SAM MCKEWON / WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER / 08:00 AM, WEDNESDAY, JUL. 30

Maliek Collins | 6-2 | 300 | So. | Defensive Tackle

Under the radar for most of his high school career, Collins is front and center now as he begins his sophomore season.

Athletic and strong enough for Bo Pelini to compare him to Glenn Dorsey, Collins has the flexibility to play nose tackle or defensive end, and his wrestling background allows him to play with good leverage and footwork.

LINK