SUPREMES STRIKE DOWN POLICE CELLPHONE SNOOPING

Here are a few examples as to why there is a growing divide in this country:

Better add paranoia to that list.

This anti-cop thing you're pushing here is swell and all, and hooray! you're an island and you don't need cops to do anything for you, and we're all terribly impressed. So kudos for all that.

Me? I'm kinda glad we have the police around. They've done a couple of good things, like the dramatic decrease in violent crime over the past few decades and saving the occasional kitten from a tree.

I suppose it's a good and vigilant thing to go through life expecting trouble. But it's seemed to me, in my clearly anecdotal experience, that the people who expect to find trouble are the ones most likely to have trouble. Those who expect not, tend to not.

This anti-cop thing you're pushing here is swell and all, and hooray! you're an island and you don't need cops to do anything for you, and we're all terribly impressed. So kudos for all that.

Me? I'm kinda glad we have the police around. They've done a couple of good things, like the dramatic decrease in violent crime over the past few decades and saving the occasional kitten from a tree.

I suppose it's a good and vigilant thing to go through life expecting trouble. But it's seemed to me, in my clearly anecdotal experience, that the people who expect to find trouble are the ones most likely to have trouble. Those who expect not, tend to not.

Saving kittens from trees is a fireman's job, Knapp. Get your facts straight before you start going off on a tangent.

Saving kittens from trees is a fireman's job, Knapp. Get your facts straight before you start going off on a tangent.

Don't tell that to the Richmond Police.

Although, that isn't to say that it's the police's forte. Sometimes it is best to leave it to the Fire Department. :D

The fact that these officers are stacking a bunch of trashcans on top of each other and not using a ladder speaks volumes as to who the REAL professional pu&&y rescuers are.

I'm not anti-cop. I'm anti-militarization of the police and I'm anti-dumb asses whom don't know the Constitution. Big difference. Society would quickly descend into madness with no police and I don't want that. I just want the headlong rush to paramilitary to stop. And the trampling of rights. I'm not trying to impress anyone, not sure where you got that.

The scenario you presented isn't anywhere close to what BRI posted.

The rest of what you posted? Meh, your opinion means nothing to me.

Then why ask me to explain?

Because I was curious as to what your answer would be. Once you went off on that tangent with a completey different scenario than what BRI presented, you lost me.

The whole "If you were standing in line at a movie theatre minding your own business and you see someone walking through the parking lot with an AR-15 in their hands" presents a vastly different scenario than what BRI posited, which was "open carry with a rifle" and was a disingenuous attempt to slant things to your view.

That is why.

Because I was curious as to what your answer would be. Once you went off on that tangent with a completey different scenario than what BRI presented, you lost me.

The whole "If you were standing in line at a movie theatre minding your own business and you see someone walking through the parking lot with an AR-15 in their hands" presents a vastly different scenario than what BRI posited, which was "open carry with a rifle" and was a disingenuous attempt to slant things to your view.

That is why.

Explain to me in today's society and recent history of violence where any type of open public carry of a weapon wouldn't or shouldn't cause alarm in these "sheeple" as you call them.

Try to stay away from "walking into a gun show", "walking into a shooting range", "walking into a sporting goods store to buy ammo", etc...

The whole point of my comment, regardless of scenario, is that your belief in shaming people because of how they feel is highly inappropriate and does nothing to make the topic of conversation better. You seem like an intelligent person. You have strong opinions about the government and other topics. I'm just not sure why you felt the need to make the statement that you did.

That is why.

Explain to me in today's society and recent history of violence where any type of open public carry of a weapon wouldn't or shouldn't cause alarm in these "sheeple" as you call them.

Try to stay away from "walking into a gun show", "walking into a shooting range", "walking into a sporting goods store to buy ammo", etc...

The whole point of my comment, regardless of scenario, is that your belief in shaming people because of how they feel is highly inappropriate and does nothing to make the topic of conversation better. You seem like an intelligent person. You have strong opinions about the government and other topics. I'm just not sure why you felt the need to make the statement that you did.

LOL. Recent history of violence? Mankind has been violent his entire existence. We simply have different weapons with which to visit violence upon one another, as technology advances through time. Humans can be brutal, savage and downright barbaric. I've seen it, many times. That will never, ever change no matter what you or anyone else thinks or does.

Besides, aren't we currently at something like a 50 year low for violent crime?

You assume to know what I'm thinking. I can assure you, you do not. And you're pretty bad at assumptions (see second paragraph above, akin to the "walking out of the woods" comment you posted earlier). Anything to fit your narrative though, right?

I most certainly wasn't attempting to shame anyone with my posts (see? you went and did it again, really badly too). I equate an irrational fear of an inanimate object (one which eventually leads to someone making a run at my Constitutional rights), cowardice. That should clear up your questioning why I said what I said. And as for being highly inappropriate? That's your opinion but that really doesn't matter to me. What matters to me are my rights.

Wait. In an earlier post of yours I was simple minded, now I seem intelligent? HOT DAMN! The Gingko Biloba and Lumosity are working!

That is why.

LOL. Recent history of violence? Mankind has been violent his entire existence. We simply have different weapons with which to visit violence upon one another, as technology advances through time. Humans can be brutal, savage and downright barbaric. I've seen it, many times. That will never, ever change no matter what you or anyone else thinks or does.

Besides, aren't we currently at something like a 50 year low for violent crime?

You assume to know what I'm thinking. I can assure you, you do not. And you're pretty bad at assumptions (see second paragraph above, akin to the "walking out of the woods" comment you posted earlier). Anything to fit your narrative though, right?

I most certainly wasn't attempting to shame anyone with my posts (see? you went and did it again, really badly too). I equate an irrational fear of an inanimate object (one which eventually leads to someone making a run at my Constitutional rights), cowardice. That should clear up your questioning why I said what I said. And as for being highly inappropriate? That's your opinion but that really doesn't matter to me. What matters to me are my rights.

Wait. In an earlier post of yours I was simple minded, now I seem intelligent? HOT DAMN! The Gingko Biloba and Lumosity are working!

Sure violence has been forever. Random acts of mass shootings at schools? Not so much. Let's not try to act like you didn't know what I was talking about.

Calling people they are cowardly sheeple if they are fearful of someone they don't know walking down the street with a gun visible is shaming them. There is no other way to look at it.

I think you can be intelligent and make a simple minded comment. Which you achieved. Congrats.

No. What is simple minded is you thinking you can infringe upon my (and millions of other law abiding gun owners) rights to solve an unsolveable problem. That's the problem with acting on emotion, instead of logic. Simple minded, indeed.

Crazy people are gonna do crazy sh#t. Period. How do you propose we fix that? By taking MY rights as a law abiding, tax paying gun owning citizen, away? Just admit it, you gun control people have NO idea how to fix the problem but damnit, "we have to DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING! Do it for the kids." What a joke.

Edit: I would love to take this conversation back to the Gun Control thread and hear how your ideas are going to fix the issue. Problem is, I asked people some very pointed questions in that thread that nobody seems to want to answer. You wanna give it a shot?

No, our department doesn't own an MRAP, again that comment shows where you're going and coincides with the "police state" mentality. We have a metro SWAT team and a financially well off individual took it upon himself to purchase an armored vehicle for us, not a MRAP, but a Bearcat. This vehicle is used for officer down rescues, hostage rescue, etc., not to "look cool" or "put fear" into the citizens around us.

So I'm supposed to sacrifice my thoughts about going home to my boys because I don't want to offend someone? Obviously I'm simplifying that quite a bit for discussion purposes, but that isn't something I'm willing to do. So as I understand it I should just allow someone to kill me, again simplifying it, because I shouldn't be so cautious? Got it........................I'm cordial and friendly with everyone I meet, but that doesn't mean I don't have a response to an act to harm me or take my life already drawn up in my head when I approach the situation. It's called situational awareness and I will put myself in the tactical advantage.

I'm suspicious of those that display suspicious behavior. I can't explain it anymore, it is what it is. That example wasn't broad, it was fairly specific. Display suspicious behavior and of course we are going to try and dig further.

You may take offense to my observations, read again I never mentioned you, but it was an example of suspicious behavior. If you took offense to it that's on you, I didn't direct that towards you and I don't see how you could take that as being directed towards you when it was clearly an example.

The "extreme" example says not your views, but more extreme views. Don't know how I can make that clearer. Ever heard of posse comatitus? This is what I'm talking about...........I never said your views.

No matter what I say I'll be wrong so you have your opinion and I have mine. I've learned to accept that at this point, no matter how I try to explain it, it's never good enough to most folks. You can't/won't understand unless you do the job.

My apologies for the delay, spent the weekend doing some training. Lots of rounds, good times.

I'm fully aware of what SA is, pretty sure the MIL coined the term.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06...ises-concerns/

http://www.guns.com/2014/05/09/one-sided-police-shootout-with-377-rounds-fired-raises-questions-video/

LOL, an "O" shaped ambush? Amateur hour. Only dumb luck kepy anyone else from being killed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152008743725213&set=o.114238542215&type=3&theater

Really? WTF? Get on with your bad self Mr. Coperator. I don't give a s#it what your mission is, that's plain dumb. Gotta play dress up though to look the part, I suppose.

https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/swat-manufacturing-the-justification-to-kill/

This was written by a former LEO

https://pjmedia.com/blog/seventy-one-rounds-in-tucson-the-swat-shooting-of-jose-guerena/

Murdered an innocent man. These guys should be standing trial for murder.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-armed-war-returning-veterans/

Because, VETERANS! ZOMG! Oh, and IEDs. ZOMG! Since when did building IEDs become military training? Rhetorical. It doesn’t happen.

Gotta love this one from SGT Downing: "..and all the guys go home at night, that's the most important thing after all..."

He is a perfect example of the “us vs. them” mentality.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/?page=all

And it extends all the way up the Fed level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643344/Horror-SWAT-team-throw-stun-grenade-toddlers-CRIB-drugs-raid-leaving-coma-severe-burns.html

A 2 year old baby who will now be disfigured for life. All over some f#cking drugs that some POS informant told them he bought there? Why didn’t they sit on the house and observe? They would have known there were children present. Bet he’s gonna have a great opinion of cops when he grows up. a$$hole$.

I don’t need to hear the “well, they shouldn’t have been in a drug house” defense either.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Stanford-lockdown-drill-leads-to-controversy-254808221.html

They didn’t even notify the school. School was in session. Clown shoes.

http://www.emich.edu/cerns/downloads/papers/PoliceStaff/Unsorted/OATH%20&%20ETHICS.pdf

72% said yes they would enforce an unconstitutional law.

28% said they would not enforce an unconstitutional law.

Question 13: Asked if he were ordered to enforce an unconstitutional law would he?

88% answered yes.

12% answered no.

Wow. This country is f#cked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ZkFZkejv8

She pulled his punk card and he over reacted. Yes, she was an obnoxious b#tch but that doesn’t change anything. He got punked and pulled a dick move.

I can grab a handful of **** and make it stick to the wall if I want to as well. So you searched the internet and found some pieces to show how bad the police are and used those to try and prove your point of the divide.

I can do that to:

very informational video!

Point is you can find anything on the internet if you want to. I could probably find an article on the internet that talks about how the rotation of the earth and the fact that it's round affects your rounds when you fire a weapon. So having this in mind you should adjust for this and this is how you should do it.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to those links individually. I could give you 40 links to good things cops have done in probably less than 10 minutes. If you are so aware of SA, since you were in the military, then you should've already known that mentality before you basically said I was overreacting in my day-to-day dealings with people. So I shouldn't be able to use that in my career field because of the "militarization" of law enforcement is getting out of hand? I could post 100's of videos of cops being killed and I don't do this job so I can die as a police officer by getting killed. I could post plenty of articles about military personnel that have done bad things, but I don't because I know those few don't speak for the whole! I'm not going to lump a group of people together because of the actions of a few. It's called rational thinking............

You have your mentality, I have mind, simple as that. The militarization of law enforcement and the "police state" isn't happening in the way you see it. Do we need armored vehicles for our SWAT teams, yes, yes we do and if the military is willing to give departments MRAP's due to the drawn down in Afghanistan and Iraq then departments should take advantage of that. Why? Cause the tax payer already paid for that vehicle through federal taxes and funds, why should they pay for something different again if they can get it for free? Cause people want something to complain about that's why and no matter what we're gonna be wrong in the things we do. Do we have more rifles? Yes, yes we do. Why? Because it's bull$hit that a criminal can be better armed than a police officer and that officer can't protect themselves because they're facing a bad guy with a rifle. See the Hollywood shooting in California for your proof. They had to raid a damn gun store to step toe-to-toe with these guys.

Excuse me while I go conduct some warrantless searches, violate some people's rights, beat them for speeding, and throw flash bangs in their children's laps.

• Fire 2

I'm not anti-cop. I'm anti-militarization of the police and I'm anti-dumb asses whom don't know the Constitution. Big difference. Society would quickly descend into madness with no police and I don't want that. I just want the headlong rush to paramilitary to stop. And the trampling of rights. I'm not trying to impress anyone, not sure where you got that.

There's a difference between your thoughts on the trampling of rights and reality. The courts tell us what we can and can't do, if the cop violates rights that'll come out in court. A traffic stop is not violating your rights, a Terry Stop is not violating your rights, a check to see if you are allowed to open carry a weapon isn't violating your rights if the cop has legal authority to be there. You can disagree all you want and I'm probably not going to change your mind, but reality is reality.

No. What is simple minded is you thinking you can infringe upon my (and millions of other law abiding gun owners) rights to solve an unsolveable problem. That's the problem with acting on emotion, instead of logic. Simple minded, indeed.

Crazy people are gonna do crazy sh#t. Period. How do you propose we fix that? By taking MY rights as a law abiding, tax paying gun owning citizen, away? Just admit it, you gun control people have NO idea how to fix the problem but damnit, "we have to DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING! Do it for the kids." What a joke.

Edit: I would love to take this conversation back to the Gun Control thread and hear how your ideas are going to fix the issue. Problem is, I asked people some very pointed questions in that thread that nobody seems to want to answer. You wanna give it a shot?

You can't refute the fact though that active shooter situations are on a sharp rise in the past decade or so. It's a problem for sure, taking guns away isn't the answer and that's not the point of this thread. It falls back on mental health in this country, that's simplifying it quite a bit, but that's how I see it. Hell I know I carry A LOT more than I used to because I'm not gonna be caught somewhere with my kids and some crazy bastard walks in the mall I'm in with a weapon and I can't do anything about it. You just stepped in the wrong mall buddy..............