SUPREMES STRIKE DOWN POLICE CELLPHONE SNOOPING

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/25/supreme-court-bans-warrantless-cell-phone-searches/

The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that police cannot go snooping through peoples cell phones without a warrant, in a unanimous decision that amounts to a major statement in favor of privacy rights

I bet police will continue to violate our rights anyways.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/25/supreme-court-bans-warrantless-cell-phone-searches/

The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that police cannot go snooping through peoples cell phones without a warrant, in a unanimous decision that amounts to a major statement in favor of privacy rights

I bet police will continue to violate our rights anyways.

Only if you let them.

Education is the key in ANY interaction with the police. Know the laws and know your rights.

Me? I only roll the window down enough to slide my proof of ins and registration through the window. I hold up my license to display to the officer that I have one. I never roll the window down enough for them to even think about gaining control of anything that is mine, that I don't want them to have.

Also; encrypt, encrypt, encrypt! Can't emphasize that enough. Oh, and record every interaction.

Education is the key in ANY interaction with the police. Know the laws and know your rights.

Me? I only roll the window down enough to slide my proof of ins and registration through the window. I hold up my license to display to the officer that I have one. I never roll the window down enough for them to even think about gaining control of anything that is mine, that I don't want them to have.

Do you get pulled over often? :P

Do you get pulled over often? :P

HAHA. No, I try to obey the rules of the road. I did get a ticket about 3 months ago though, first one in probably 20 years. That particular ticket was rather expensive, I was shocked at how much one costs today.

Also; encrypt, encrypt, encrypt! Can't emphasize that enough.

What am I encrypting?

Your entire phone. I have a few things going on right now but when I get some time I will try to dig up a link (I think the link is on another machine at the house and I don't have access to that right now) that shows you how to do it. Once encrypted and powered down, they're not getting into your phone. I will post that up as soon as I can.

Also; encrypt, encrypt, encrypt! Can't emphasize that enough.

What am I encrypting?

I don't think this is the link I had on my machine at home but it does a pretty good job of explaining the process for Android. I don't own any Apple devices and am not a mobile guru so I'm unsure as to their process.

http://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-encrypt-android-device-326700/

Different subject but funny ......... my neighbor who is a mature and normal guy was arrested including guns loaded (cops) and one night jail time because he spray painted and smeared on "Serve and Protect" cop car sticker in 7-11 store parking lot. Apparently he was sober at the time according to his wife. I forget misdemeanor or felony charge.

My daughter was eyewitness episode.

Some Norman cops was a big ego and gestapo level ...... higher than public peons (me)

Welcome to social media like tweeter bird and facebook users. Snooping is completely legal.

Just the opposite by snooping cell phones without a warrant. Exactly the same for land line phone tap. Illegal without a warrant (I think !).

The key thing, without a warrant ....... in other words, worthless. Now days, warrant is very easy.