Too clean

I was just talking to my wife about this yesterday. She and my kid both have summer colds. Low grade fever, run down, etc. She was worried that he had picked up a virus at a museum. (They went to the Smithsonion Air and Space a couple days back.) So I told her it was probably good for him to pick up and fight off little bugs and viruses every now and then. I think there's a lot of truth in what George Carlin was joking about above.

As for Band-Aids, I think people sometimes overuse them. A Band-Aid helps to hold a fresh wound together, and keep the dirt out. But I always take it off after a day or so, less if possible. As soon as the thing scabs over and holds together, I think fresh air is better for a scabbed over wound than a Band-Aid. I haven't ever left a Band-Aid on for as long as it took the wound to completely heal. JMHO.

This cut is right on the tip of my index finger, and you can't wear a band-aid when you're cooking. I sealed it with super glue last night before cooking, and that seemed to work pretty well. No death or disease yet from handling raw meat with the wound.

I was just talking to my wife about this yesterday. She and my kid both have summer colds. Low grade fever, run down, etc. She was worried that he had picked up a virus at a museum. (They went to the Smithsonion Air and Space a couple days back.) So I told her it was probably good for him to pick up and fight off little bugs and viruses every now and then. I think there's a lot of truth in what George Carlin was joking about above.

As for Band-Aids, I think people sometimes overuse them. A Band-Aid helps to hold a fresh wound together, and keep the dirt out. But I always take it off after a day or so, less if possible. As soon as the thing scabs over and holds together, I think fresh air is better for a scabbed over wound than a Band-Aid. I haven't ever left a Band-Aid on for as long as it took the wound to completely heal. JMHO.

I had a fever yesterday too. Nothing severe, but the only place I was at other than home was Niobrara on the weekend last week. I agree though NUance, I tend to be on the side of "let your body do the fighting for you" kind of thing unless it gets severe.

This cut is right on the tip of my index finger, and you can't wear a band-aid when you're cooking. I sealed it with super glue last night before cooking, and that seemed to work pretty well. No death or disease yet from handling raw meat with the wound.

Lmao the chemical from the glue is probably far worse for you then the dirt/food that you could have gotten in there.

Lmao the chemical from the glue is probably far worse for you then the dirt/food that you could have gotten in there.

Better put your ass back on. :D

Better put your ass back on. :D

Most of this could be prevented by getting rid of the confinement barns. Less medicating because of less disease opportunities.