What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

St. Paul...

I wish I could find it but somewhere I read an article with a bunch of facts on racial statistics. It may have been a link from a thread on here or somewhere on Vox.

Anyway, one of the facts that it pointed out was a map of how a city and a dot was placed everywhere a SWAT team was deployed. They were using this map as proof of racism because there were more deployments in black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods.

OK....I'll acknowledge that there is some racism in the system. However, just looking at this fact, as an example, don't you need to dive deeper into the facts to decide if it really is because of racism? Meaning, are there more drug/crack houses in black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods....etc???

It just seems to me that because there is some racism in the system, some people seem to feel any criticism of the black community is piling on the racism.

As for this instance, I will continue to hold judgement on the incident until further facts are known.

Sioux City, Iowa? If so you're almost certainly screwed. Just say it's civil and poof.

Yes, unfortunately. I'm sure it's a doomed fight, but I'll feel better about it if they spend more fighting me than they'll get out of the fine in the end. Hate those cameras.

St. Paul...

I wish I could find it but somewhere I read an article with a bunch of facts on racial statistics. It may have been a link from a thread on here or somewhere on Vox.

Anyway, one of the facts that it pointed out was a map of how a city and a dot was placed everywhere a SWAT team was deployed. They were using this map as proof of racism because there were more deployments in black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods.

OK....I'll acknowledge that there is some racism in the system. However, just looking at this fact, as an example, don't you need to dive deeper into the facts to decide if it really is because of racism? Meaning, are there more drug/crack houses in black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods....etc???

It just seems to me that because there is some racism in the system, some people seem to feel any criticism of the black community is piling on the racism.

As for this instance, I will continue to hold judgement on the incident until further facts are known.

Check out marijuana conviction arrest rates compared to marijuana usage rates in black and white America.

St. Paul...

Check out marijuana conviction rates compared to marijuana usage rates in black and white America.

I understand that and that was (I think) one of the facts in the article I read (Dang, I wish I could find it). My point is, it seems like when something like this comes up, there is always some people who just pile on the statistics without actually looking deeper at them to see if that statistic is justified.

Some stats are factual on the face and some aren't.

St. Paul...

I get what you are saying. With regards to this incident, I have no dog in the hunt at this time. But what I can't stand is people trying to justify a crime with another crime. It is a bullsh#t cop out and if they were the victim, they wouldn't think it was justified.

Now with the question that I proposed it just seemed to me that if you know where crime is being committed, that's where you are going to target, charge, and get convictions. I have no background to my theory but it seems logical that you go fishing where the fish are biting.

• Fire 2

St. Paul...

Check out marijuana conviction rates compared to marijuana usage rates in black and white America.

Is the arrest rate the same?

I'm sure they're tilted toward blacks. I feel like it would be progress if both sides agree that on the one hand, blacks are targeted by police due to racial prejudices and stereotypes, but on the other, that those stereotypes do exist for a reason.

St. Paul...

Check out marijuana conviction arrest rates compared to marijuana usage rates in black and white America.

Actually, I think it was the arrest rate that was the source of the disparity. Fixed it, thanks.

I'm sure they're tilted toward blacks. I feel like it would be progress if both sides agree that on the one hand, blacks are targeted by police due to racial prejudices and stereotypes, but on the other, that those stereotypes do exist for a reason.

How would the bold explain the MJ disparity when usage rates are comparable?

It might go back to my question on one side being more visible with their crime and the other not. For example:

Are the whites using the weed in their home while the blacks using it while driving? Or in a public park?

I just always wonder about the variables when I see statistics like this.

It might go back to my question on one side being more visible with their crime and the other not. For example:

Are the whites using the weed in their home while the blacks using it while driving? Or in a public park?

I suspect a significant variable might be that they're using it while being black.

I suspect a significant variable might be that they're using it while being black.

That would be significant. But I think you know what I am trying to say. I probably am not saying it correctly.

Black Americans are overrepresented as perpetrators of crime in this country. That's a straightforward fact and it feeds the stereotype of blacks as a criminal race. When it comes to a cop giving extra scrutiny to someone, I don't think it matters which specific crime we're talking about.

You're basically asking a black community to sit back and let the law handle this situation...after the law just killed an innocent unarmed african-american.

No sh#t, rioting is bad, yadayada. But the utter lack of societal awareness being displayed in this thread is appalling.

tumblr_mque5mGa881s2amn4o1_400.gif

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Fire 4