Best/Worse President since WW2 - Quinnipiac poll

The House conclusion unsurprisingly put a lot of emphasis on Administration failures, I'll skip that one.

Senate:

-No protests in the area prior to the attack.

-Attackers included members of Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

State:

"The review, however, concluded that no protest took place before the attack."

Administration Talking Points Email in wake of attack:

“To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy.”

Administration meetings to influence CIA's talking points on the attack:

Following Capitol Hill briefings in the days after the attack, members of Congress asked the CIA for talking points to explain the assault, and the CIA under the direction of David Petraeus put together an assessment. It said Islamic extremists with ties to al-Qaida took part in the attack, cited reports linking the attack to the group Ansar al-Sharia, mentioned the experience of Libyan fighters and referred to previous warnings of threats in Benghazi....Senior administration officials, including Jake Sullivan, deputy chief of staff at the State Department, and Ben Rhodes, the White House deputy national security adviser, met that Saturday morning to discuss the talking points.

Following the meeting, Deputy CIA Director Mike Morell produced a final set of talking points that deleted mentions of al-Qaida, the experience of fighters in Libya and Islamic extremists.

That's really my only point. After the attack, the Obama Administration pretty clearly tried to de-emphasize the possibility of terrorism on 9/11. They played politics with it and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

- Reagan cut taxes for the rich, increased taxes on the middle Class. Ronald McDonalds came into office, the top tax rate was 70%, but when he he left office, the top tax rate was down to only 28%. As Ronnie gave the breaks to all his rich buddies, there was a lack of revenue coming into the federal government.

- Reagan boasts "trickle down" effect. Obviously failed big time.

- Reagan tripling the National Debt

- Reagan raided the Social Security Trust fund

- Reagan secretly sold arms and money to Iran. Much of the money that was received from the trade went to fund the Nicaragua Contra rebels who were in a war with the Sandinista government of Nicaragua. (Iran/Contra)

- Reagan spent billions of dollars funding the Islamic terrorists in Afghanistan and some other countries. With billions of American dollars, weapons and training coming their way, the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden took everything they were given and gave it back to the United States over a decade later in the worst possible way imaginable.

- Reagan was a draft dodger since WWII. Joined by LBJ, Clinton and Obama (my thoughts, mandatory veteran service). I know he enlisted during WWII but rearranged (and kickbacks no doubt) cushy post which excluded him from serving overseas ..... the reason: he claimed nearsighted - ahh, no glasses?? He was assigned to AAF Public Relations and subsequently to the First Motion Picture Unit :confucius in Hollywood California :rolleyes: .

Reagan: The worst president in all times, even worst than Obama, Chimp, LBJ, Tricky Dick and Hoover. The best IMO, Abe, FDR, Eisenhower and possibly JFK.

And Bill Clinton was a bad deal IMO. Not the best but above average. Who really cares about Lewinsky thing? Not me.

No, I'm not a liberal guy but not a conservative too. Middle of the road ..... I am a "Republicrat" . BTW, I voted Reagan in 1980 (I'm sorry)

Senate:

-No protests in the area prior to the attack.

Let's go to the source, eh?

In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, the IC received numerous reports, both classified and unclassified, which provided contradictory accounts that there were demonstrations at the Temporary Mission Facility. In some cases, these intelligence reports-which were disseminated widely in the Intelligence Community--contained references to press reports on protests that were simply copied into intelligence products. Other reporting indicated there were no protests. . . . Moreover, it appears this reporting from those present during the attacks did not make its way into assessments at CIA Headquarters, as the Deputy Director of the Middle East and North Africa Analysis Office at CIA wrote an internal email, dated September 16, 2012, that mentioned "protestors that preceded the violence."http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

The report does go on to state that security footage was reviewed on Sept. 18 and interviews were disseminated on Sept. 20 showing that there were not actually protests.

This is part of the problem. Some discuss what actually happened with hindsight and act like that is a scandal when an intellectually honest discussion requires that we look at it through the lens of what we knew at the time. As in, the crucial question isn't whether there were protests but rather whether people thought that there were protests at the time. The facts on that latter point are clear.

-Attackers included members of Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

Same point as above.

Also:

Intelligence suggests that the attack was not a highly coordinated plot, but was opportunistic. It remains unclear if any group or person exercised overall command and control of the attacks or whether extremist group leaders directed their members to participate. Some intelligence suggests the attacks were likely put together in short order, following that day’s violent protests in Cairo against an inflammatory video . . .http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

The report does say that some that participated were affiliated with terrorist groups but you said that the report said that Al Queda (presumably the organization itself and not random affiliates) was involved, that the attacks were pre-planned, and that the video had little if anything to do with it.

That doesn't appear to be true.

This is one party throwing a six-year (soon to be eight year) temper tantrum because they lost an election. It's borderline criminal what they're doing to this country because they simply will not attempt in any way to work with this president.

LINK

Good thing that the democrats did not do the same thing from 2000-2008

The two worst things to happen politically this century are Bush stole the election conspiracy and Obama is not an American conspiracy.

When academics rank the presidents, they frequency omit the previous 20 years - or two or three presidents - to obtain some objectivity. Emotions will abate and the overall effect of their policies will be played out.

Have any evidence?

Google "bush stole 2000 election"

1,150,000 hits

My main point is both democrats and republicans put politics before policy - some are pure fanatical

Have any evidence?

Google "bush stole 2000 election"

1,150,000 hits

My main point is both democrats and republicans put politics before policy - some are pure fanatical

I'm talking about legislation or lack thereof.

A little more context:

If Obama’s looking for a silver lining, it’s that at this point of his presidency Bush far outpaced his competitors for worst, beating second place by 16 percentage points. Meanwhile, Obama’s only five points up on Bush, reflecting a more partisan split.

The benefit of hindsight seems to help former executives’ reputations. When the poll was conducted in 2006, 16% named Clinton as the worst; now, only three percent feel that way. W’s vote fell by six percentage points, and Nixon’s by four. Never, ever count Nixon out.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/poll-obama-worst-president-since-world-war-ii-bush-off-the-hook/