Big Ten writers pick Nebraska to finish third in the West Division

Until the ball is kicked, everybody is both a cellar dweller and a conference champ. Preseason polls and forecasts are all about filling newspaper columns. Columbus got .39" of rain on a zero percent chance two nights ago, and predicting the weather is a lot easier than forecasting an entire football season.

The only thing that stuck out was Abdullah's lack of votes.

I've always said that the best team in the division should win THAT DIVISION. Cross over games should serve as a tie breaker.

If NU wins every game against division rivals, but goes 0-2 against an undefeated Mich St by one point and a scratch your head loss against Rutgers (it happens every year) but Iowa's only loss is to NU by 21 points (with a much easier cross over schedule) who is the better team? (OK, this year isn't the best example for NU)

So lets go hypothetical: Team A runs the west, but loses to OSU and MSU, both by one point in OT. Team B loses to Team A, but barely beats Indiana and Maryland. Best team is obviously . . .Team B!

Not afraid of Wisconsin this year. Stave is average on a good day and they lost a ton of playmakers on defense. Doesn't help that they lost Aberderis either. They should not be able to pass on us. However, stopping Gordon and Clement will remain a challenge. Especially with them running behind a Wisconsin OL. DL and LBs need to play well in both the Iowa and Wisconsin games.

2013 Iowa lost 3 Confernce games. Ohio St., Michigan St., and Wisconsin. Now many of us have said Wisconain drops off quite a bit in our opinion, so we could assume Iowa probably wins that game. Iowa doesn't play Ohio St. or Michigan St. this season. I still shake my head every time I see their weak schedule. I'm going to assume maybe they stumble somewhere in there but it is possible they don't lose a conference game all year. When I look at Nebraska's schedule, I can't say the same thing.

1. Iowa

2. Nebraska

3. Wisconsin

Am I drinking too much Kool aid, or does this seem too low?

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/07/ohio_state_picked_to_win_big_t.html

As much as I am trying to disagree with this .......I can't

*We have shown we cannot win the turnover battle.

*At times way to many penalties (I am all for penalties where we are just playing hard i.e. pass interference, late hit)

*Lose a game or two because we are trying to be too cute.

This wasn't just last year, but the last three or so.

Consider we have an unproven OL and QB, this is where we belong until we prove otherwise.