Ranking teams: schedule vs quality of team

lol, the ESPN FPI. Some people must be bored.

How long has the FPI been around? It'd be interesting to see how accurate it is (or is not).

A few years, and it's really hit and miss. Last year, they pushed it hard for the season and bowl games, and it was basically as good as a coin flip.

lol, the ESPN FPI. Some people must be bored.

How long has the FPI been around? It'd be interesting to see how accurate it is (or is not).

A few years, and it's really hit and miss. Last year, they pushed it hard for the season and bowl games, and it was basically as good as a coin flip.

remember the qbr? do they still use that? that was a joke. espn really tries too hard.

It seems many in this conversation would not make very good scouts. If you determine an individuals talents based only upon a teams succes, you just passed over 3/4 of the greatest players in history.

Right then, since in your estimation the Huskers are "easily right there with Ohio State," how many Husker players would crack a two-deep at Ohio State? Gregory and Abdullah? Bell, maybe? I guarantee you they're not watching Jordan Westerkamp and Tommy Armstrong and thinking, "man, I wish we recruited like Nebraska."

Abdullah

Cross

Moore

Lewis

Armstrong

Bell

Newby

Taylor

Gregory

Collins

Curry

Valentine

McMullen

Santos

Rose

Anderson

Mitchell

Cooper

C. Jackson

That's who I've seen talented enough to start or rotate at Ohio St.. There's a few guys on the depth chart we haven't seen much of, but given more of a look, their talent will also prove to be top tier. And please, stop acting like Ohio St. is some untouchable God, you're making me sick. They've dominated a weak conference for a long time, hopefully we end that soon. Also, I don't know what measurable you use for judging talent, but the NFL, you know...the best guys in the business, use things like strength, speed, agility, vertical jump, intelligence, and size. You got a better way of doing it? Something tells me you can't seem to overlook the fact that Nebraska has underperformed as a team in recent history, but that not what we are talking about here.

If we want to talk about judging this team as a whole, if this Nebraska team plays their A game and stops doing the dumb stuff they've been destroying themselves with, mostly poor focus and turnovers, I believe they compete with Ohio St. any day of the week.