New Trophy Game vs. Wisconsin

Call it what you will. For decades every Husker fan knew that Oklahoma was our rival. There isn't consensus that Colorado was ever a rival. Speaks volumes.

And every Oklahoma fan knew that Texas was their rival. NU-OU was an important game, but a one-sided rivalry.

Revisionist history. They were fully on board with the Game of the Century, which is why we're playing on the 50th anniversary of the game.

Was Texas their #1 rival? Some Oklahoma fans would say yes, some would say no. I've talked to both kinds. Every one of them considered us a rival, that's a surety. Some considered us the rival, and that's also a surety.

Nebraska, in my lifetime, has never had a true two way rivalry. OU-NU was the closest because the conference championship was often on the line. But OU's true rivalry was with Texas. NU-OU was more of a one way rivalry with NU wanting it more, just like Colorado, K-State and Missouri were one way with NU disinterested.

So not having a rivalry in the B1G will not be a point of concern. Back when NU was a national powerhouse, every team would give us their best shot, but our season was not defined by beating team X, but by winning the conference and the bowl game.

So don't feel sorry for us. Just strap on the helmet and get ready for some football!

I disagree. Living in OKC, I talk to alot of the older sooner fans and they still talk about how they wish we still had the yearly games and rather have it then UT (especially since it was after Thanksgiving).

Also, right now I believe we are to Wisconsin as we were to Texas. They didn't think twice about us and all we think about is hoping that we will win the next meeting.

Ok, I sit corrected. (I don't stand to type)