New Trophy Game vs. Wisconsin

Yes. Just as it will suck when Purdue starts regularly winning the division by beating us. The good news for Wisconsin fans is that, so far, you or them doing that is not likely to happen.

Comparing us to Purdue, low blow. Nebraska has already beaten Wisconsin, and yes had our asses handed to us twice but we are much closer to winning the division year to year than Purdon't

Nebraska fans spent the better part of the past two decades telling Colorado Fan they weren't our rivals, it was manufactured on their side, never reciprocated, never a cherished game. When the Big XII made Colorado our day-after-Thanksgiving game the state went collectively bonkers.

But today, because it's convenient to try and make a point on the internet, suddenly they were our rivals? Comical.

• Fire 1

Nebraska fans spent the better part of the past two decades telling Colorado Fan they weren't our rivals, it was manufactured on their side, never reciprocated, never a cherished game. When the Big XII made Colorado our day-after-Thanksgiving game the state went collectively bonkers.

But today, because it's convenient to try and make a point on the internet, suddenly they were our rivals? Comical.

So? To get this straight, Nebraska fans have been telling Colorado fans they are not our rivals? Okay, thats news to me, but for arguements sake, lets just go ahead and pretend I've been talking to Colorado fans and adamately denying a rivalry for some reason. Not sure why, but whatever.

Manufactured on their side? Manufactured? In what way? You mean manufactured as in a few decades of getting their asses handed to them. Or maybe manufactured as in every time they had a decent season, even top five in the country a few times, there we were to snatch their hopes from them. You call that manufactured? I'd call that a legit reason to hate us. Thats the stuff rivalries are built from.

So then the state went bonkers when Colorado was made the post Thanksgiving game. Okay, who would we have suggested? Oklahoma? Missouri? Who? Or better yet, we bitch now that it is currently Iowa we play, so who would we suggest now?

The entire premise of the argument was that if I had a team to suggest, I'd say Wisconsin. If theres any team currently on our schedule that I would consider a rival, or at least a rival in the making, I'd say Wisconsin. Right now Wisconsin is on the winning side of things, especially stinging was that CC game. If they continue to beat us each year, I think many Huskers would consider them a rival. Yet, if they are on the winning side of it 9-10 times, they probably wouldn't consider us a rival at all. We'd just be another team they trample on each year on their way to the Conference title. Sound famililar doesnt it Huker fans? Yea, because we used to do it to every other team. My conclusion is, Husker fans don't know what it's like to be the little brother. We aren't familiar with the feeling of getting picked on. We've always been the bully. I assure you though, if Nebraska football gets bullied around long enough, you'll hate all of those teams, hell you might even begin to hate your own team. They will be our rivals and we will look forward to any chance of victory over them, yet they may consider it just another Nebraska game. Imagine it folks, it could happen.

I think anyone that said "you're not our rival" said so out of a misguided insecure superiority complex, when reality is that they were a rival, but not as much of one as we were to them.

Yes. Just as it will suck when Purdue starts regularly winning the division by beating us. The good news for Wisconsin fans is that, so far, you or them doing that is not likely to happen.

Well it's highly more likely that Nebraska starts surpassing your clear expectations of us and starts annually handing you your arse. So yeah I'm actually gonna feel pretty bad for ya when Purdue starts doing that.

Bingo.

That's exactly how we had felt for 100 years about Michigan and Ohio State. To them, we were just another team to beat on their way to the Big Ten title. We hate them because they have ruined our seasons since time immemorial. Take a survey of how many teams in the Big Ten consider those schools a "rival". Every school wants to say that OSU and Mich are a "rival". The truth is that they aren't. They are just mad because they have gotten massacred by those schools for years.

Now you begin to understand where all this culture of vitriol toward one another comes from. Big Ten schools want to win. We don't have any love for other league teams, because they have none for us. To be a loser in this conference is the worst possible thing imaginable; trust me, Wisconsin was there at a time. Now you are getting a taste of how truly awful it can be- even to lose just a few games.

Your appetite for putting on the "Nebraska Nice Fans" show will subside. After a few more years of your seasons getting ruined by other Big Ten teams, it will be gone, and then you will understand what it means to be in The Big Ten.

Your appetite for putting on the "Nebraska Nice Fans" show will subside. After a few more years of your seasons getting ruined by other Big Ten teams, it will be gone, and then you will understand what it means to be in The Big Ten.

Wow you do not understand Nebraska Fan. Switching conferences won't make us change who we are.

• Fire 3

If the Nebraska Nice fans is just a show, then that's a hell of a show. Been a running show now for 100 some years. This isnt our first rodeo, we've been around a long time. You do things your way up there, and we do things our way down here. It's worked out just fine for us and our five National Championship trophies. How many you got?

#selloutstreak

• Fire 2

I think anyone that said "you're not our rival" said so out of a misguided insecure superiority complex, when reality is that they were a rival, but not as much of one as we were to them.

Projecting.

We've had this "Colorado is/was our rival" conversation ad nauseum here. It boils down to the younger people thinking they were a rival, the older people not. It has everything to do with the utter suckage Colorado was for decades while we were a perennial top ten team, and those of us old enough to remember those days laugh at the notion of CU being a rival.

• Fire 3

Wow you do not understand Nebraska Fan. Switching conferences won't make us change who we are.

Yeah. When evil galactic empire arch-nemesis Texas came into town and snapped our top-of-the-world 47 game home winning streak, we gave them a standing ovation and started a heisman chant for Ricky Williams.

Wisconsin fan thinks we're going to turn nasty because of a few conference losses that we've already gotten used to?

• Fire 3

Projecting.

We've had this "Colorado is/was our rival" conversation ad nauseum here. It boils down to the younger people thinking they were a rival, the older people not. It has everything to do with the utter suckage Colorado was for decades while we were a perennial top ten team, and those of us old enough to remember those days laugh at the notion of CU being a rival.

No. It boils down to a difference of opinion, clearly. I was around for those days. I've always considered that a rivalry game.