Defense Has a Swagger, Confidence

Mavric

show me swagger and confidence when this defense starts shutting people down.........we haven't played a down yet.

Yeah, great defenses never have swagger before the season. What are these kids thinking?!?!?!?! They'd better get their heads straight and start thinking they suck real soon, or it's gonna be a long season!

my only point is you earn swagger, as fans we ought to know that by now.......we have already lost some guys on D, this D has very little proven depth, wake up people, this is not going to be easy.

show me swagger and confidence when this defense starts shutting people down.........we haven't played a down yet.

Yeah, great defenses never have swagger before the season. What are these kids thinking?!?!?!?! They'd better get their heads straight and start thinking they suck real soon, or it's gonna be a long season!

my only point is you earn swagger, as fans we ought to know that by now.......we have already lost some guys on D, this D has very little proven depth, wake up people, this is not going to be easy.

i lol'd.

it's a friggin air of self-confidence. you dont get that from just saturdays. it comes from knowing your abilities, knowing what you are supposed to do and trusting your teammates do as well. now will it help them play better or be a detriment? that we dont know and wont know until they start playing. right now it cant hurt that they have it.

• Fire 5

Very rarely has swagger ever been "earned". Some people ooze it, not unlike Razor Ramon who oozed machismo.

Filed this one in the preseason puff folder. There has yet to be a fall camp where someone wasn't saying something similar.

I'm glad the defense is confident in practice. I'm more interested in the defense when it's playing against opponents and playing well. For my own peace of mind I'm content to look at the talent we've amassed on the line and the burden it can take off the secondary.

I'm fairly certain you've never played sports before. If you have, not at a high level whatsoever.

Good lord.... #facepalmofthecentury