Bo's resume compared to the nation against ranked opponents

that is not annoying. someone gives their opinion on a message board. a response is given that they should do something about it, seemingly to ignore that this is a message board dedicated solely to sharing opinions.

No. What is annoying is the constant Fire Bo vs Keep Bo garbage.

yeah, i always thought the worst part about message boards was the discourse.

Ha. never mind. :facepalm:

Nah, I'll pick this back up. What's annoying about it is this "discourse" is the same every time. It's like either side believes that they just haven't spouted their opinion enough to convince the other side that they're right. It's annoying and frankly the only people that are going to change anyone's mind anyways is Bo and his team.

But for entertainment value I'll just add. The people unhappy with how things are now and beating people over the head with "Bo Sucks, Fire Bo" everytime someone mentions something positive about the guy or tries to look on the bright side of some statistic are the same ones, at least in mentality, that got Solich canned. The same ones that would have liked to have gotten TO canned in the 70s and late 80s when he had struggles and couldn't beat Oklahoma or win a Bowl game. The kids haven't quit on Bo and he works to address his percieved issues so some of us will give him the benefit of the doubt. A few of us may have even learned from that wonderfull Callahan experiment that had the program just about turn into a full blown 100 million dollar dumpster fire.

The "Bo sucks, Fire Bo" words are echoed more around here by every Pelini supporter than anybody on the fence about him.

Yea, there's some who want him gone, but most just want to improve on this 4 loss rut we are in. Hell some, like me look beyond the four losses and look at the product on the field. We just got to improve in some areas. Some of the things that nag is have nagged us for quite some time. Thats all.

I hope Bo is the guy. Coaching changes are tough usually. For the benefit of this team, it'd just be easier to win now and stay the course. They're trying, I'm sure, it's not for lack of effort. Bo is evolving. We've heard some good stuff coming out of these coaches mouths. Aren't most of you just ready to watch and see how we look this year? The guy is coaching the team and this talk of his job is so useless at this point it's not even funny. All involved want to see us get better. Let's see what happens.

I support Bo, and if he shows he can improve this team, I'll continue to support him.

• Fire 1

Seems there was some misunderstanding of what I was saying. I'm not saying Fire Bo. I'm not saying Keep Bo. I'm saying that the results show an "elite" level of coaches. Bo doesn't fall on that list. Doesn't mean he never will, just means that he's not right now. I think he can turn it around, but how long do we keep kicking the can down the road if Nebraska's record doesn't improve?

I guess it depends on our standards, which seem to be evolving.

Or dissolving.....however you look at it.

On a positive note, football is less than a week away. We're about to find out a lot in a big hurry.

I'm not too distressed about the 14 number in and of itself. The thing that bugs me is we weren't all that competitive in a substantial portion of those losses. That doesn't matter to some people, but I think it matters.

I'm more concerned about the 10 losses against unranked teams. We have to stop that.

I'm not too distressed about the 14 number in and of itself. The thing that bugs me is we weren't all that competitive in a substantial portion of those losses. That doesn't matter to some people, but I think it matters.

I'm more concerned about the 10 losses against unranked teams. We have to stop that.

Yeah, that bugs me too. The games where we get blown out really stick with me.