The Greatest Catch Ever?

It a great play, but honestly it is also a great deal of luck. He can't see the ball so he sticks his hands behind his back and the ball luckily is close to where those hands are. I was actually more impressed that he was able to stay inbounds while sticking his hands behind his back.

A great catch to me is where a reciever lays out for a ball, he can actually look it into his hands, and controls it while landing. Pure skill on that type of catch.

And to me, it doesn't matter if a catch is at a critical part of a game, or is a game changing play. A great catch is great catch, no matter the time or the situation.

It a great play, but honestly it is also a great deal of luck. He can't see the ball so he sticks his hands behind his back and the ball luckily is close to where those hands are. I was actually more impressed that he was able to stay inbounds while sticking his hands behind his back.

A great catch to me is where a reciever lays out for a ball, he can actually look it into his hands, and controls it while landing. Pure skill on that type of catch.

And to me, it doesn't matter if a catch is at a critical part of a game, or is a game changing play. A great catch is great catch, no matter the time or the situation.

While I agree a catch is a catch... How many misses do you remember? Were they important plays (TD, Drive killers) or not?

The behind back is impressive, but also lucky... the athletic part was getting his feet down..

Which is not a small thing, given that he had to simultaneously focus on making a circus catch.

The Hail Mary involved a bit of luck (the actual catch was right in the breadbasket) and Davidson's miracle against Missouri was insanely lucky.

Bell's one-handed TD reception last year with the ball spinning in his hand remains a fave, although you gotta watch in slow motion to appreciate.

It is definitely a spectacular catch and athletic play but I don't know if its the greatest ever.

David Tyree caught one on his helmet in a Superbowl with a defender all over him. Bell had a one handed grab in traffic last year. Davison's catch at MU is probably my favorite. Ultimately it comes down to preference. Some people need meaning to make it great, others look for extraordinary athletic ability, or many different things.

It was a damn good catch and its nice to see we have more "hands" receivers than it seems like we used to have.