Ryker earned a scholarship

That moment came on the final day of fall camp when Fyfe received a phone call from Jeff Jamrog, asking him for a meeting. Nebraskas assistant athletics director for football operations had some news Fyfe had been waiting to hear, informing the walk-on from Grand Island that he had earned a scholarship.

It was awesome, said Fyfe, who joined punter Sam Foltz as Grand Island Senior High graduates who were recently awarded scholarships at Nebraska. My parents were crying they were super happy. It was good.

(Getting a scholarship) was my goal. I was super stoked.

(Coach) Ganz just said, Go out there and play because you earned that second spot. You earned this, so go out and perform, Fyfe said. It was never given to me. I had to earn my scholarship and earn playing time, so thats what I did out there today.

http://m.theindependent.com/sports/fyfe-keeps-climbing-at-nebraska-now-on-scholarship/article_9bc41aec-30cd-11e4-9df5-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

Good for him, hard work pays off.

You mean his goals aren't to be the starting quarterback?

#LoweredExpectations #FireBo

Clearly, I am kidding. Kudos Fyfe. Kudos.

I was pleasantly surprised with him. I expected the offense to drop off pretty significantly when he went in.

I think he is probably a little too willing to keep the ball on read option plays.... there were two or three times where giving it off would have sprung for better gains. But he did fine. The important thing was that he got a few meaningful series.