2006 and 2007 schedules are complete

Games not worth watching in 2006 ... Lousiana Tech, Nichols State, Troy

Games not worth watching in 2007 ... Nevada and Ball St.

As a fan, I just can't see why anyone would want to buy a ticket to those games. The T.V. networks certainly won't find any interest in the games and thus, those are five games I might catch on radio or the internet, but only over concern of getting upset, not because it's a game worth my time. Those are all games you should win by 30 points plus ... home or away, with the backups playing half of the third and most of the fourth quarter. Just wouldn't want to spend my money on a ticket ... certainly wouldn't travel to any of those schools to see the game.

Sheepdog Mark

Games not worth watching in 2006 ... Lousiana Tech, Nichols State, Troy

Games not worth watching in 2007 ... Nevada and Ball St.

As a fan, I just can't see why anyone would want to buy a ticket to those games. The T.V. networks certainly won't find any interest in the games and thus, those are five games I might catch on radio or the internet, but only over concern of getting upset, not because it's a game worth my time. Those are all games you should win by 30 points plus ... home or away, with the backups playing half of the third and most of the fourth quarter. Just wouldn't want to spend my money on a ticket ... certainly wouldn't travel to any of those schools to see the game.

Sheepdog Mark

Every game is worth watching IMO. When nebraska opened with maine last year I paid the 30 dollars to watch it on tv. The best 30 dollars I have spent, I just don't really care if they are playing a 3 a team or a highschool team I love to watch the big red machine.

"Support the school" ... perhaps one is supporting the school when they reject playing "puff" teams. When Pederson does this crap ... I'm just not a fan ... and I then I'm forced among all my friends and competitors to back up the Huskers while I'm embarrassed.

I'll put my "fanactic" attitude for the Huskers up against anyone ... ANYONE! Idon't think it is an issue of "support" personally.

But good for you (anyone), if you would really rather watch Nichols St. instead of a Michigan State, a North Carolina State, an Oregon State. Heck, why not a Mississippi State or a Colorado State.

My last rant on the topic.

Sheepdog Mark

The La Tech game will be a good tuneup game however i am kinda confussed why we would schedule a DIV-A team before a DIV-AA team. You would think it's the opposite way to get the newbies some playing time against Nicholls State

I like the Nevada game. Nevada went 9-3 this season and should be good when we play them in 2007. That isn't going to be an easy game like some people think. Nevada knocked off 16th ranked Fresno St this past season

"Support the school" ... perhaps one is supporting the school when they reject playing "puff" teams. When Pederson does this crap ... I'm just not a fan ... and I then I'm forced among all my friends and competitors to back up the Huskers while I'm embarrassed.

I'll put my "fanactic" attitude for the Huskers up against anyone ... ANYONE! Idon't think it is an issue of "support" personally.

But good for you (anyone), if you would really rather watch Nichols St. instead of a Michigan State, a North Carolina State, an Oregon State. Heck, why not a Mississippi State or a Colorado State.

Sheepdog Mark

Man you make it sound so easy. Yes Steve can just walk into any school and say we would like to play you in your stadium....oh....and by the way, we want you to come to Lincoln next year. You think North Carolina State would want to travel to Lincoln, then later on play Florida state, then Miami, Fl, then Virginia Tech? Or Michigan State who has to play Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State on yearly basis. I think both of those schools would take Lousiana Tech and Nevada as well if they had to play Texas, Texas A&M, Iowa State oh yeah and USC.

Any BCS school will have 2 or 3 "tough" conference games. So that arugment isn't a question IMO. Like other people have said, try your hardest to bring in Colorado St., Minnesota, and teams of that nature. A home game is a home game and yea its around 5 million bucks or so for the school, but still NICHOLLS ST. come on! THIS IS NEBRASKA!!!!!

The La Tech game will be a good tuneup game however i am kinda confussed why we would schedule a DIV-A team before a DIV-AA team. You would think it's the opposite way to get the newbies some playing time against Nicholls State

I like the Nevada game. Nevada went 9-3 this season and should be good when we play them in 2007. That isn't going to be an easy game like some people think. Nevada knocked off 16th ranked Fresno St this past season

I hear ya on that. LaTech usually has a decent team. Nevada has been pretty solid as of late also. Troy went to a bowl game in 04 and barely missed out on one this year. Not exactly world beaters, but this nonconference schedule could be worse(Texas Tech this year, Kansas St. any year).

Texas has North Texas, Rice, and Sam Houston State next year. Miami plays Florida A&M and Florida International. FSU plays Troy, Rice and Western Michigan. Hell, Notre Dame plays all 3 service academies! My point is, everyone has cupcakes, and we may have a DII school, but we're not the only team scheduling gimmes.

I just wish Creighton or UNO had teams so we could beat their heads in each year just for fun.

I agree with every post here. If we had say, Florida, Miami, or a Va. Tech. as well as USC and our Big XII foes, people would complain. So I really don't know what to think of the "pre" Big XII games. I know for sure that I'll be at all 7 home games so it really doesn't matter I guess. But, to me, it would be hard for me to talk to a recruit and say "hey come to Nebraska and play Nicholls St., and Ball St". But as everyone has said every plays 2 cupcakes.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

If we had say, Florida, Miami, or a Va. Tech. as well as USC and our Big XII foes, people would complain.

:yeah

No matter who we put on the schedule some people are not going to be happy. I will still watch the games and show my Husker pride when they are playing Nicholls State or whoever else. Just to watch NU football is what it should be about.