Where were you when 9/11 Happened?

I was a junior in high school and was in C++ class and the instructor was my math teacher. He started by reading a piece of paper that the school handed out. A plane from Pennsylvania flying to New York and at this point thought it was one of those train leaving point A math problems and soon realized it was something very different. The school had Tvs in every room but no cable so we rigged chains of paperclips and shoved it into the cable jack to get reception to watch the news.

I was in seventh grade as well.

We were in math class which was actually in a separate building, and both teachers had a sort of separate room as an office with the old colored iMac computers. Class essentially stopped as well all filed into the office as the teacher kept refreshing cnn.com and eventually the entire school gathered together in the student lobby/commons room with a tv watching it live.

I had no idea what it meant or how to process it. I grew up on movies where stuff like that happened all the time and was completely incapable of grasping the shock of what actually happened.

I was a few blocks away from the Pentagon when the plane hit it, sitting at a traffic light. First thing I saw was a small mushroom cloud rise over the Pentagon due to all the jet fuel exploding at once. I thought it was some sort of industrial accident. Had no idea it was terrorists at the time.

I was on the way to work when I heard about a 'small plane' hitting the tower- here in Tulsa As I drove to work and sat outside listening to ABC radio, all of a sudden the guy they were interviewing started yelling. From his apart window he was watching the 2nd plane hit. When the rest of my team made it to work we became glued to the TV. Then unbelief hit as the towers began to fall. My office was in a large office/warehouse building, however, the rest of the company was located in a 60 story tower on the SW corner of Tulsa. That building was evacuated probably less than an hour after the 2nd plane hit for few of it being a target.

Was getting ready to head to LAX to return home from a work trip with 5 other employees. We had one guy on decent into LAX when it happened and they diverted his flight to Las Vegas. We were hoping we could get one of the company jets to come and get us...but of course airports closed and we all wanted to get home.

So, my rental car could only seat 4. Another employee that was staying in LA for the next week traded us his Mazda MPV for mine. 5 of us packed in the MPV and road tripped to Vegas to pick up they guy who was diverted. We stayed the night in the Fitzgerald, he was put up in the Bellagio, hit a "club" and headed out the next morning for a straight thru drive to Omaha.