Shark Tank show. Like it?

Like it, why?

Hate it, why?

Keep it simple IMO this is a pretty simple question.

I thumbs down it. No decent biz learning. 80% Oprah theatrics. Photo op players are photo oping, for fun, cuz none of them ever need to earn another dime investing for as long as they live. And fishing for 100k deals that they should pay 1000K for and work 10 times more for. ("smart money means NO THING if the so called genius won't work for you). If you don't know anything about angel or vc you should answer next week ;) not today...or maybe...just don't answer just read and see if anybody posts something that speaks to you.

I like the show quite a bit actually. I think the sharks take too much from some of the people but I guess that's probably part of the deal with big business opportunities like that. I've seen plenty of people on the show with great ideas and I wonder sometimes why they would give up such huge portions of their company's earnings just to make a deal with one of these 'sharks' but I don't know enough about the difficulty of funding a startup company even if the product is a guaranteed seller. You would imagine with these better ideas there would be other options than selling your soul to the sharks, but I'm sure there is value in advertising on the show as well.

Its an interesting show. I don't watch it much but sometimes the kids have it on so I will watch.

What it is to me is an reminder that I never want to have to use a private equity firm for financing. Sharks are a mild term for these people. And, the celebrity business people on the show are actually likable compared to the ones you deal with in the real world.

Fact is, with these people, you sell your soul and no longer have control of your company.

My advice to anyone is stay completely away from private equity firms as financing your business. It literally has to be the last ditch effort. Now, if you want to make a deal and sell your entire company to one of these places and you don't care what happens to your company after that? Well...take their money and run.

I do enjoy seeing the different business ideas. Some are actually pretty cool and some are laughable.