For Those Who Fear the McNeese St. Result, Something to Consider . . .

Yeah, that Colorado game was scary.

For a few years there, Colorado threw everything at Nebraska in that final game, hoping make up for another crappy underachieving season.

Nebraska was hardly a juggernaut in 2008, but if Henery misses that 57 yard field goal, that's a crushing loss to a pretty lousy Colorado team.

The loss to Colorado in 2008 may have resulted in a seven win season. I remember losing to Colorado meant that we would not have made a bowl game. Of course, I could have a bad memory.

Colorado had to win that game to be bowl eligible.

Yeah, that Colorado game was scary.

For a few years there, Colorado threw everything at Nebraska in that final game, hoping make up for another crappy underachieving season.

Nebraska was hardly a juggernaut in 2008, but if Henery misses that 57 yard field goal, that's a crushing loss to a pretty lousy Colorado team.

The loss to Colorado in 2008 may have resulted in a seven win season. I remember losing to Colorado meant that we would not have made a bowl game. Of course, I could have a bad memory.

Colorado had to win that game to be bowl eligible, '07 was the year we had to win to be bowl eligible.

Even the players on some of our best teams said their success was a result of a bit of luck or the ball bouncing their way a few times. This is the case for every great team. We aren't even close to achieving the things that would result in a conversation like that though. Still, I enjoy watching my Husker team strive toward that conversation.

This thread has value just like many of the threads on here....

I do agree with The Dude though, talk has been cheap lately. The Huskers tell us they won't take a team lightly, blah, blah, blah....only to lay an egg against an inferior opponent.

However, I feel the leadership on this team may be better than in year's past. I love how Tommy recognizes his mistakes and seems to take ownership, something that I think was lacking a bit in the past. I can say one thing, the leaders on this team are definitely saying the right things this year to give me a bit more confidence in them. Let's see if they back it up.