**** What did we learn - Sparty edition ****

You guys saying we're cruising for 9-4 again need to wake the heck up. Have a hot cup of coffee. You're being over dramatic. We're not that bad. I guarantee that's the worst game that OL plays all season.

For those of you calling for staff changes... Again. Wake the hell up. No one fires a position coach or coordinator on one game.

Quit bagging on TA for being so bad. He's got less than about a full years worth of starts under his belt and we played a defense that absolutely tail whipped our OL and completely took away his biggest asset, his legs.

But I suppose you live in a world where All American dual threat QBs who throw as well as they run our spread offense grow on trees.

Straight delusional...

• Fire 1

Basically Polo is right, this game was not surprising if you aren't blinded by the red goggles, it was not nearly as close as the score indicated, we were embarrassed for 3.5 quarters in a big game yet again. If you aren't nervous about traveling to Wisconsin you're deluded. "All our goals are still ahead of us yadayadayada" ...look, we're shaping up to have the same season we've had the past 6 years. Wake me up when it ends.

So what your saying is fire everyone and start over. Because clearly you know how to coach and build up players while running a multi million dollar team filled with demanding fans and boosters. Yea

Polo you seem kinda like the kinda who needs a nebraska win to feel good about himself.

Nope, but it'd be nice if the guy who's made 8 figures off the University actually got his team ready toplay for four quarters against a team with a pulse seven years in.

Lots of teams crap the bed, not saying its perfect but its not all gloom and doom like some of you guys throw out there every dam time we lose.

You guys saying we're cruising for 9-4 again need to wake the heck up. Have a hot cup of coffee. You're being over dramatic. We're not that bad. I guarantee that's the worst game that OL plays all season.

For those of you calling for staff changes... Again. Wake the hell up. No one fires a position coach or coordinator on one game.

Quit bagging on TA for being so bad. He's got less than about a full years worth of starts under his belt and we played a defense that absolutely tail whipped our OL and completely took away his biggest asset, his legs.

But I suppose you live in a world where All American dual threat QBs who throw as well as they run our spread offense grow on trees.

Straight delusional...

nebraska-lineman-falls-over.gif?w=500

Yep. We are so close.

• Fire 5

Straight delusional...

I do think the question of a QB coach has been opened (if it wasn't already). If it's so instrumental to this offense, why do we have a position coach for invisible tight ends?

• Fire 3

Guy on BR overreaction killing it about Mark Pelini... He played the best of our entire OL. His struggles are magnified because of the bad snaps and the rest of the OL.

Some of you really do melt down and overreact about what needs to happen. If you must complain and call for BO to be sacked, do so. Its your right and opinion. I choose to see how the rest of the season unfolds first.

• Fire 1

Basically Polo is right, this game was not surprising if you aren't blinded by the red goggles, it was not nearly as close as the score indicated, we were embarrassed for 3.5 quarters in a big game yet again. If you aren't nervous about traveling to Wisconsin you're deluded. "All our goals are still ahead of us yadayadayada" ...look, we're shaping up to have the same season we've had the past 6 years. Wake me up when it ends.

Who else is a loss for us? Wisconsin is the best team left and Wisconsin cannot execute a forward pass. I feel like you haven't seem them play this year and think Russel Wilson still plays there. I'm not saying it's a 100% win but don't act like we've lost that game, plus two others, before they're even played.

Going for two is NEVER the right decision and WILL come back to bite you.

Could someone explain that, the numbers didn't add up to go for 2 the first time. Had we kicked the extra point both times, we could have kicked a field goal to put it into overtime.

The first time we went for 2, we had just scored from a 27-3 deficit (24 points). We want to go for 2 to cut that into 16 points (2 scores).

The second time we went for 2, it was 27-22 and a successful conversion would have cut it to 3 points (FG).

So it was the correct call in both cases.

• Fire 1

Could someone explain that, the numbers didn't add up to go for 2 the first time. Had we kicked the extra point both times, we could have kicked a field goal to put it into overtime.
Well they wanted to make it a two score game. Problem is I don't think they really expected the comeback. With the wind we were in field goal range at the end before the pick. In that case it's not as desperate and maybe Ameer breaks free on a draw or something and scores or gets us even closer.

Who else is a loss for us? Wisconsin is the best team left and Wisconsin cannot execute a forward pass. I feel like you haven't seem them play this year and think Russel Wilson still plays there. I'm not saying it's a 100% win but don't act like we've lost that game, plus two others, before they're even played.

Other than Wisconsin: Rutgers, Northwestern, and Minnesota all have pulses (in case you hadn't noticed) and the way we played today and against f'ing McNeese State, I don't know how you can think we're a lock on any given week. And we have to travel to Iowa who, despite looking terrible, did kick our ass last year.

• Fire 1

The first time we went for 2, we had just scored from a 27-3 deficit (24 points). We want to go for 2 to cut that into 16 points (2 scores).

The second time we went for 2, it was 27-22 and a successful conversion would have cut it to 3 points (FG).

So it was the correct call in both cases.

We threw away one point, two times. We lost by 5. 5-2=3. Field goals are worth 3 points. I stand by my statement.

• Fire 1

QUOTE: "No, I didn't watch the whole game"

Then you were the only who folded like a cheap lawn chair. The Nebraska football team played hard (if not uniformly well) for all four quarters.

Lots of teams won't have an undefeated season. Nebraska is going to be one of them. I can either get over it or die from it. I choose the former.