**** What did we learn - Sparty edition ****

To all the Tommy haters out there. I saw a redshirt sophomore QB get rattled on the road against a defense that came prepared to stop the run and didn't have an OL that was blocking well to protect him.

Last I checked, we don't have a more veteran QB to take Tommy's place.

And I don't care if it's Tommy, Ryker, Stanton, or Eric freakin' Crouch. A QB CAN'T PLAY WELL IF YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE CAN'T WIN THE BATTLE IN TRENCHES!

Did Tommy play a good game, NO, but he sure as hell didn't get much help from his offensive line.

I put this loss, square on their heads.

Peyton Manning at his best couldn't have done anything with the lack of blocking the line was giving Tommy for a while. The problem was 90/10 O-Line/Tommy.

I agree with your ratio. Tommy struggled, no doubt about that, but it was pretty clear early on that the pressure was all on him since we couldn't run the damn ball. Personally I was more disappointed with him making the incorrect read a couple times on the read option than I was with the majority of his decisions in the passing game.

One things for certain, with all the young receivers we have playing he and Moore need to get on the same page. His passes to Moore are way worse than to anyone else, and they need to work out that timing better.

1. This team will not quit. Win or lose, one thing Nebraska fans will always respect is a team with a no-quit attitude.

47 total rushing yards is inexcusable for any Nebraska offense. The offensive scheme, coordinator, or both need to change. Where is the use of misdirection?

Nebraska & Bo Pelini's defensive scheme still has no answer for pre-snap jet sweep motion.

Nebraska can beat the cupcake & above average teams, but when it comes to the prime-time nationally relevant games we just shoot ourselves in the foot. We've been doing it for almost 17 years!

Ameer will probably not win the Heisman, but in my opinion he is still one of the toughest, hardest working Nebraska running backs in the program's history.

The O-line played terribly. Terribly. I don't know if they let the last few games go to their heads, or MSU was doing some things we didn't expect, but it was ugly. Equally terrible, is that we didn't do anything to spread MSU wide or vertical to get them out of the box. Just kept running right into a pile. Ugly.

P.S. that play where Cotton fell over he was falling back but couldn't move his foot or he'd get a false start penalty- he was hoping the ball would be snapped before he fell, which it didn't.

P.P.S. Trevor Roach should start every game over Banderas. Banderas was missing plays again in his limited time this game. Roach ended up with something like 19 tackles and a few for loss.

To all the Tommy haters out there. I saw a redshirt sophomore QB get rattled on the road against a defense that came prepared to stop the run and didn't have an OL that was blocking well to protect him.

Last I checked, we don't have a more veteran QB to take Tommy's place.

And I don't care if it's Tommy, Ryker, Stanton, or Eric freakin' Crouch. A QB CAN'T PLAY WELL IF YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE CAN'T WIN THE BATTLE IN TRENCHES!

Did Tommy play a good game, NO, but he sure as hell didn't get much help from his offensive line.

I put this loss, square on their heads.

Peyton Manning at his best couldn't have done anything with the lack of blocking the line was giving Tommy for a while. The problem was 90/10 O-Line/Tommy.

We had a lineman get knocked over by air. We had a center mis-snap the ball 3 times. We had 2 tackles that couldn't block their own grandmothers.

100% Oline fault

Beck needs to go. Well this is nothing new. If he capitalizes on just one of Sparty's first half turnovers that's the game. They seriously did everything to give us the game in the first half. Horrible OC. Oh but Miami and Illinois. Pfft. He sucks. MSU's linebackers knew all of his audibles. I told you guys just relying on stretch plays and seam passes wouldn't work.

Tommy needs to grow up fast. He shouldn't be staring down receivers like that. He has to go through his progression. He is telegraphing the play to the secondary. And don't audible to a play 3 times and then blame your WR for running wrong routes, if they are even the wrong route. He is predetermining where to throw the ball every play. And how can you not hit swing and screen passes at all. He better work on timing in the next two weeks.

O-Line: Every position should be up for competition the next two weeks. Lewis unimpressive, Cotton doesn't play like a captain, and Sterup gets beat like he stole something every play. Unacceptable play. Fresno/McNeese game's chickens came home to roost.

Defense played great tonight. The only reason we were in it.

Pierson-El. Just wow. This kid is going to be a great one.

This team didn't quit when I was ready to. But that alone doesn't win games. Bo better get it figured out, because that was yet another one he should have had. They handed us 3 short fields in the first half, and we came away with 0 points. What the Hell? two field goals was the difference between winning and losing. Or one TD.

We missed a huge opportunity this week. We're better than this. That's a problem.

Hard to go through progressions when you have no time to do it. We don't have a Manning as our QB man. Our line needs to at least give him one more second to do something other than look at his primary route. Very few times did he have that chance until the 4th quarter.

Third point and agreed. But this is hardly the first game he's struggled with this. Some interceptions there isn't even a WR in the area. Time to start getting better.

1) We have lost a streak tonight, before tonight we had won 10 games in a row decided by a TD or less

2) DPE waving off his guys and not calling fair catch early really irks me

3) Tommy is not getting better as a QB

4) Ameer will probably be forgotten in the Heisman but shouldn't

5) Mich St did take foot off gas, but we can beat this team- hell this game was at their house and we almost did it

6) We can win out

7) I can still get myself to believe in the Huskers when they poop themselves for a majority of the game

8) Bo and his staff really aren't very good but they get the most out of these guys when it matters most and never give up on him

Last, Go Big RED!! Kick Northwestern's anus please

I agree with your ratio. Tommy struggled, no doubt about that, but it was pretty clear early on that the pressure was all on him since we couldn't run the damn ball.

Much more accomplished quarterbacks than Tommy have had terrible games where they were pressured and hit all game and had to press.

My qualifications: being a Patriots fan in 2014.

No panic is how I'd go about it, you guys. As another great quarterback once said, "Relaaaaaaaaaaaaax."

The O-line played terribly. Terribly. I don't know if they let the last few games go to their heads, or MSU was doing some things we didn't expect, but it was ugly. Equally terrible, is that we didn't do anything to spread MSU wide or vertical to get them out of the box. Just kept running right into a pile. Ugly.

P.S. that play where Cotton fell over he was falling back but couldn't move his foot or he'd get a false start penalty- he was hoping the ball would be snapped before he fell, which it didn't.

P.P.S. Trevor Roach should start every game over Banderas. Banderas was missing plays again in his limited time this game. Roach ended up with something like 19 tackles and a few for loss.

Which is probably a good thing he fell first because that would have been a disaster of a play...

Beck needs to go. Well this is nothing new. If he capitalizes on just one of Sparty's first half turnovers that's the game. They seriously did everything to give us the game in the first half. Horrible OC. Oh but Miami and Illinois. Pfft. He sucks. MSU's linebackers knew all of his audibles. I told you guys just relying on stretch plays and seam passes wouldn't work.

Tommy needs to grow up fast. He shouldn't be staring down receivers like that. He has to go through his progression. He is telegraphing the play to the secondary. And don't audible to a play 3 times and then blame your WR for running wrong routes, if they are even the wrong route. He is predetermining where to throw the ball every play. And how can you not hit swing and screen passes at all. He better work on timing in the next two weeks.

O-Line: Every position should be up for competition the next two weeks. Lewis unimpressive, Cotton doesn't play like a captain, and Sterup gets beat like he stole something every play. Unacceptable play. Fresno/McNeese game's chickens came home to roost.

Defense played great tonight. The only reason we were in it.

Pierson-El. Just wow. This kid is going to be a great one.

This team didn't quit when I was ready to. But that alone doesn't win games. Bo better get it figured out, because that was yet another one he should have had. They handed us 3 short fields in the first half, and we came away with 0 points. What the Hell? two field goals was the difference between winning and losing. Or one TD.

We missed a huge opportunity this week. We're better than this. That's a problem.

Hard to go through progressions when you have no time to do it. We don't have a Manning as our QB man. Our line needs to at least give him one more second to do something other than look at his primary route. Very few times did he have that chance until the 4th quarter.

Third point and agreed. But this is hardly the first game he's struggled with this. Some interceptions there isn't even a WR in the area. Time to start getting better.

Battling through adversity on the road against a tough opponent may be what he needed to turn the corner. We'll find out. If we have a better chance with someone else I'll gladly cheer them on too. I just want to win.

Learned this team is not above pooping the bed. Thought maybe that had changed, it hasn't.

Learned that I can miss almost a full quarter (the 3rd) of a Husker game and it didn't bother me a bit. Took 51 years but I am now there. Seems like it could be freeing.

Learned that I still care enough to watch to the end. Almost got interesting there but it also seemed so wrong. I mean really, we had no business being in that game at the end after how we played the first three. Still would've loved to see em pull it out though. Sparty better learn to finish games and we better learn to start them.

• Fire 2

We really set the tone by punting from MSU's 31 yard line, which is never EVER correct regardless of conditions.

Not only that, but punted it through the end zone for a net of 11 yards. And it was all downhill from there.

Agreed. Try the field goal...go for it. Do something that says we think we can beat you.

• Fire 3