**** What did we learn - Sparty edition ****

Guy on BR overreaction killing it about Mark Pelini... He played the best of our entire OL. His struggles are magnified because of the bad snaps and the rest of the OL.

Some of you really do melt down and overreact about what needs to happen. If you must complain and call for BO to be sacked, do so. Its your right and opinion. I choose to see how the rest of the season unfolds first.

"played the best out of our o-line" is like saying "oh he was the gentlest serial killer. didn't even dismember his victims!"

Husker X, I would get one for sure. A GOOD one. Get Barney the hell into an admin position. It couldn't hurt, and TA has mechanical shortcomings that could seriously improve with the right guidance.

The TE has disappeared. We just want to OL coaches. Which is ridiculous after tonight... Lol.

I don't get all doom and gloomy as some do about TA saying he will never be a competent QB. I think it was part conditions (weather) tonight, part poor mechanics, part sh**ty blocking from pretty much every blocker.

Basically Polo is right, this game was not surprising if you aren't blinded by the red goggles, it was not nearly as close as the score indicated, we were embarrassed for 3.5 quarters in a big game yet again. If you aren't nervous about traveling to Wisconsin you're deluded. "All our goals are still ahead of us yadayadayada" ...look, we're shaping up to have the same season we've had the past 6 years. Wake me up when it ends.

So what your saying is fire everyone and start over. Because clearly you know how to coach and build up players while running a multi million dollar team filled with demanding fans and boosters. Yea

Logical Fallacy 101

• Fire 1

Wisconsin has a defense that can shut down our run game and force us to pass. Iowa has a similar defense too. But since both teams are not nearly as good as MSU offensively, I'm feeling pretty confident about both matchups. Maybe add NW as well

Basically Polo is right, this game was not surprising if you aren't blinded by the red goggles, it was not nearly as close as the score indicated, we were embarrassed for 3.5 quarters in a big game yet again. If you aren't nervous about traveling to Wisconsin you're deluded. "All our goals are still ahead of us yadayadayada" ...look, we're shaping up to have the same season we've had the past 6 years. Wake me up when it ends.

Who else is a loss for us? Wisconsin is the best team left and Wisconsin cannot execute a forward pass. I feel like you haven't seem them play this year and think Russel Wilson still plays there. I'm not saying it's a 100% win but don't act like we've lost that game, plus two others, before they're even played.

Guy on BR overreaction killing it about Mark Pelini... He played the best of our entire OL. His struggles are magnified because of the bad snaps and the rest of the OL.

Some of you really do melt down and overreact about what needs to happen. If you must complain and call for BO to be sacked, do so. Its your right and opinion. I choose to see how the rest of the season unfolds first.

"played the best out of our o-line" is like saying "oh he was the gentlest serial killer. didn't even dismember his victims!"

Just giving credit where credit is due.

Pelini was the tallest midget tonight, IMO.

Who else is a loss for us? Wisconsin is the best team left and Wisconsin cannot execute a forward pass. I feel like you haven't seem them play this year and think Russel Wilson still plays there. I'm not saying it's a 100% win but don't act like we've lost that game, plus two others, before they're even played.

Other than Wisconsin: Rutgers, Northwestern, and Minnesota all have pulses (in case you hadn't noticed) and the way we played today and against f'ing McNeese State, I don't know how you can think we're a lock on any given week. And we have to travel to Iowa who, despite looking terrible, did kick our ass last year.
The Rutgers that scraped past Michigan? Northwestern I might concede because they've been a thorn in our side, but they're not all that good. Minnesota's statement victory is against Michigan. Iowa beating us last year has nothing to do with this year. They're bad at football. We may take a dump and also be bad at football by the end of the season but you're acting like it's a foregone conclusion. Also, give McNeese a rest. It was clearly a letdown game and not a real indicator of where we are as a team.

Going for two is NEVER the right decision and WILL come back to bite you.

Could someone explain that, the numbers didn't add up to go for 2 the first time. Had we kicked the extra point both times, we could have kicked a field goal to put it into overtime.
The first time we went for 2, we had just scored from a 27-3 deficit (24 points). We want to go for 2 to cut that into 16 points (2 scores).

The second time we went for 2, it was 27-22 and a successful conversion would have cut it to 3 points (FG).

So it was the correct call in both cases.

We threw away one point, two times. We lost by 5. 5-2=3. Field goals are worth 3 points. I stand by my statement.

I don't even know why I'm arguing you with this, but did think you really think we would have 3 scoring opportunities, that it would have come down to just a FG? You're cutting the number of scoring drives from 3 to 2. But obviously, the coaches should have had Captain Hindsight on the staff to tell them they would have had a third scoring opportunity to end the game.

• Fire 1

QUOTE: Purdue is the only game I'm confident Nebraska wins, the rest are toss ups.

Let's throw out the Purdue game and do some betting then. No point spread, a set amount for each game, and we settle up at the end of the regular season. If all those games are really toss ups, we should both break even.

So what your saying is fire everyone and start over. Because clearly you know how to coach and build up players while running a multi million dollar team filled with demanding fans and boosters. Yea

Logical Fallacy 101

I think if you know how to fix a car, ill listen. If you can perform surgery, ill listen. But if your some random dude on a chat board who knows more about a team than the coaches who have direct contact with it, you are the delusional one my friend.

Seriously, Rutgers, Iowa, NW, and Wisconsin are toss ups. To say otherwise is delusional.

• Fire 3

Going for two is NEVER the right decision and WILL come back to bite you.

Could someone explain that, the numbers didn't add up to go for 2 the first time. Had we kicked the extra point both times, we could have kicked a field goal to put it into overtime.
The first time we went for 2, we had just scored from a 27-3 deficit (24 points). We want to go for 2 to cut that into 16 points (2 scores).

The second time we went for 2, it was 27-22 and a successful conversion would have cut it to 3 points (FG).

So it was the correct call in both cases.

We threw away one point, two times. We lost by 5. 5-2=3. Field goals are worth 3 points. I stand by my statement.

I don't even know why I'm arguing you with this, but did think you really think we would have 3 scoring opportunities, that it would have come down to just a FG? You're cutting the number of scoring drives from 3 to 2. But obviously, the coaches should have had Captain Hindsight on the staff to tell them they would have had a third scoring opportunity to end the game.
I'm saying it as a general rule. Leaving points on the table almost always comes back to bite people. You're saying 12:49 is only time for two offensive possessions? Seems legit. If you kick the first time, the second one is an obvious kick. The second one was probably the right choice, but only because of the poor decision the first time.

Seriously, Rutgers, Iowa, NW, and Wisconsin are toss ups. To say otherwise is delusional.
Dare I ask what your basis for this statement is?