My prediction for the rest of the season...

Here was my koolaid induced thread post from right before the season kicked off. I'm going to say that McNeese was the "head scratching" loss, even though we actually won. The rest of it is still possible.

What the heck, I know I'm not the only koolaid drinking fool in these parts, so I'm going to get it started.

This year is going to be epic. In short, here's my take on how this year will roll-out.

We will lose one head-scratcher game, earlier in the season. No idea which one...that's why it will be a head-scratcher. We will also lose one game that most would consider a possible loss going in, or at least a toss up. We have some tough road games this year.

Beyond that, those two will be our only two losses. Toward the end of the season, we will begin to clearly be a dominant team. We will win the Big10 CG, convincingly. We will be in the playoff at the end of the year.

Our defense will come out of the gate good, racing on their way to greatness. There will be multiple blackshirt players that truly frighten opposing teams, with running back, receivers and qbs clearly either looking to go down early, or missing catches out of their fear. Buy stock in wood, because the wood will be brought on defense this year.

The offense will be stable to start the season. An early season solid outing against Miami will be the harbinger of the rest of the year. With that commanding win under their belts, the O will just continue to improve. TA will prove to be a winning combination of Turner Gill and Tommy Frazier. Beck will actually call games to our strengths and stop being so inconsistent. Ameer will cement his position as a legit Heisman Candidate, but may miss out due to the talented gang behind him that will also excel. I was once told that if Jesus appeared on stage at a Who concert, he'd be the third person you'd watch. I feel that way about our backfield and receiving corps. Records will be broken. Downfield blocking will once again become legendary.

Bo and his staff will "get it" this year and will be the ones out-coaching the others in critical games. They have the studs to make it happen this year.

Unfortunately, we will not win the playoffs, setting us up for "Unfinished Business 2", leading to two national championships in the next 3 years.

!!!!!Go Big Red!!!!!

• Fire 1