Kenny Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think he has a chance to start ?

I think with his physical ability he is right up there or ahead of the rest of the rb's. The thing that will hold him back is mastering the offense. This offense is complex, I don't know how well any of the rb's have it down, but Glenn, Lucky, and the Jacksons, have had a year or more with the O. I don't think anyone will be as knowledgeable this year as Ross was last year, but hopefully they have a good understanding of the offense. It's too bad Kenny didn't arrive this spring and played spring ball, then I think he might have a chance. I don't think he has a chance to start early, may towards the end of the season though.

I think he will start, and I think he will dominate...check out the sig. I think he will remind a lot of people about LP, without the baggage. HE has speed, power, vision, and can cut well. Word from workouts is that he is a monster. Did you see him at the spring game? He is a beast. I can't imagine him bigger. I think he could start from day one, but look to the 3rd or 4th game. The only reason he won't is the playbook, but all he has to be told is run this way, or run that way. He's a running back...it's the easiest position to learn. Look for some big things from him over the next couple of years.

He's a running back...it's the easiest position to learn. Look for some big things from him over the next couple of years.

Wrong...Punter is the easiest! :lol:

but I agree should be a great contrib this year I am glad he is not being talked up much I hope he has a breakout year and surprises HuskerNation :horns2

Yeah I guess you're right. Punter is the easiest position to learn, so hopefully one of the new punters get's the west coast special teams down quick. LoL. Back to Wilson, I think a breakout year is coming once he learns this offense. The sky is the limit for him, and it will show this year.

***SNIP***

He's a running back...it's the easiest position to learn. Look for some big things from him over the next couple of years.

I'm not so sure that holds true for a running back in the West Coast Offense. The blitz pick-up packages can be daunting - and is the primary reason a back isn't an "every down" back.

It isn't just learning the holes you hit or the routes out of the backfield you take - it's knowing when to slide out of the backfield as a relase valve verses staying home to pick up the blitz. It's knowing which blitzer to pick up.

All of that's complicated by the number of formations and the number of options each formation has. How quickly someone can master all of that will determine who is the starter and whether we have a primary running back or a "running back by committee" approach.

AR brings up a lot of good points. Thats why I think the coaches are implementing a lot of the H-Back stuff, so that a running back can be used more as a weapon instead of a blocker.

As far as our TE's go, outside of the Herian of old, a lot of em cant stretch the field and are used more as blockers anyway.