NU Ticket Office needs to be reformed

HomePC

So, the ticket office basically kicked me and my daughter out of the stadium. I was pretty upset. I lost my temper, took my brand new Red Husker Hat that I was wearing for the first time (I have a black one with sweat beads all around it that I wear everyday) and threw it on the ground and stepped on it and said "I was no longer a Husker fan. The University of Nebraska could go f!*#@Wk themselves!". I started to take off my red husker shirt, then thought better of it. The ticket office employees were watching my outside; you could tell they were tempted to call security.

just so other fans know, because i do not believe this is well known; but taking a husker hat, throwing it on the ground, stepping on it, and yelling obscenities at UNL near memorial stadium is the only way to officially renounce your husker fandom.

but after reading most of the op's post, i started getting the impression that they did not care. much like me.

Got to the part where you insinuate you were turned down cuz your daughter is chinese, and shoulda shaved her and called her Jack. Did not read the rest. Pretty sure all of HuskerNation got what we really NEEDED out of all of this, and that is that some jackass like you is in fact no longer a Husker fan. Good riddins.

• Fire 1

Ok, he threw his BRAND NEW RED Husker hat on the ground!!! That will show them. At least he didn't take his shirt off. That would have been embarrassing for everyone involved.

I am pretty sure you can throw your black NU hat in the washing machine to get the sweat beads out of it. I wash my hats, and they usually look good as new afterwards!!!

This isn't the Nebraska Ticket offices fault in any way you slice it.

What you did in calling the place where you got the tickets, that was the right call. Should have done that to begin with.

I bet the worst part of the day for your daughter was not that she nearly missed the game, but that you acted like such an ass and probably embarrassed yourself and her.

Keep a cool head, be polite, and speak to people in a reasonable manner and I've noticed you're more likely to find someone that wants to help you. Especially in a place like Nebraska.

I bet this was frustrating and I cant say it's ever happened to me and I've printed e-tickets before. I just can't see why you would think the ticket office would have any responsibility for this. If I was the original owner of a car which had now been through two more owners, would you call me, the original owner, when the timing belt breaks?

Don't answer that.....you would. But you shouldn't.

• Fire 1

I didn't expect so many responses in a short time.

Nobody has yet to explain why there are even e-tickets allowed. Without those, there wouldn't be any problems. I have an issue with the policies in place regarding e-tickets. All I really expected out of the ticket office was a little sympathy (let's call it good customer service, shall we). They could've at least rechecked the e-ticket holder who was already in the seats; I'm only guessing he was also innocent; maybe he wasn't. But let me ask you guys this; where is a person suppose to buy a ticket that is assured of not being a scam or scalped? They're all sold out at the University. To be honest, I thought I was buying from a site that had a mass order of tickets directly from the University. I didn't know they were reselling for other ticket holder. I guess that's what all of those websites do? Is stubhub a 3rd party reseller too or to they get tickets by bulk directly from the University? Where do you guys get tickets?

the mention at "Inherited" wasn't meant to mean "legally inherited". There are descendants of season ticket holders that keep the tickets, even when the original holder is no longer going to or even capable of going to games.

Got to the part where you insinuate you were turned down cuz your daughter is chinese, and shoulda shaved her and called her Jack. Did not read the rest. Pretty sure all of HuskerNation got what we really NEEDED out of all of this, and that is that some jackass like you is in fact no longer a Husker fan. Good riddins.

Yea, I wanted to say something about that but I'm getting a reputation as a "Internet tough guy" and someone that overreacts.

Do not think this is a race issue, and the fact that you make it one is laughable.

Also, problem with E-tickets? You called yourself old; welcome to the 21st Century bud. I'm surprised you were able to navigate your way over here to Huskerboard.

I bet you hate smart phones and tablets too, don't you? Technology as a whole?

Nobody has yet to explain why there are even e-tickets allowed. Without those, there wouldn't be any problems. I have an issue with the policies in place regarding e-tickets. All I really expected out of the ticket office was a little sympathy (let's call it good customer service, shall we). They could've at least rechecked the e-ticket holder who was already in the seats; I'm only guessing he was also innocent; maybe he wasn't. But let me ask you guys this; where is a person suppose to buy a ticket that is assured of not being a scam or scalped? They're all sold out at the University. To be honest, I thought I was buying from a site that had a mass order of tickets directly from the University. I didn't know they were reselling for other ticket holder. I guess that's what all of those websites do? Is stubhub a 3rd party reseller too or to they get tickets by bulk directly from the University? Where do you guys get tickets?

the mention at "Inherited" wasn't meant to mean "legally inherited". There are descendants of season ticket holders that keep the tickets, even when the original holder is no longer going to or even capable of going to games.

So, you forget that one of the problems here is (and we did this in college), walk in with your tickets, walk out and get stamped, and let someone use your ticket to come back in. So in theory, you could have been doing that. There's no way anyone at the stadium or the ticket office knew that YOU weren't the one trying to scam them. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

This isn't the Nebraska Ticket offices fault in any way you slice it.

What you did in calling the place where you got the tickets, that was the right call. Should have done that to begin with.

I bet the worst part of the day for your daughter was not that she nearly missed the game, but that you acted like such an ass and probably embarrassed yourself and her.

Keep a cool head, be polite, and speak to people in a reasonable manner and I've noticed you're more likely to find someone that wants to help you. Especially in a place like Nebraska.

I bet this was frustrating and I cant say it's ever happened to me and I've printed e-tickets before. I just can't see why you would think the ticket office would have any responsibility for this. If I was the original owner of a car which had now been through two more owners, would you call me, the original owner, when the timing belt breaks?

Don't answer that.....you would. But you shouldn't.

Scalping and fraud with tickets is a big problem. With the paper/electronic trails in place, the University could address the scalping problem if they wanted to put forth the effort.

what is really funny is that the problem was taken care of by the people who were actually at fault. the op came out pretty well for someone who got scammed, but his anger is so misdirected and irrational it is hard not to laugh at.

again, wanting sympathy when you eventually got free tickets is silly. people get scammed, considering that you came out pretty well.

• Fire 1

So, you forget that one of the problems here is (and we did this in college), walk in with your tickets, walk out and get stamped, and let someone use your ticket to come back in. So in theory, you could have been doing that. There's no way anyone at the stadium or the ticket office knew that YOU weren't the one trying to scam them. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Once the barcode is scanned, the ticket won't let anyone else in. That's exactly what happened to me.