Brightside, if there is one to some of you....

These wake up calls we are talking about just don't happen with today's athlete. It is harder and harder to get them motivated to play when they believe they athletically outclass their opponent. It is about certain that you are going to play uninspired 1 or 2 times a year (up to 3 in basketball) that you shouldn't because they believe the opponent "sucks" and they aren't mentally prepared.

When you have these games and you still win by 3 TDs, you count your lucky stars. That, and you have better players than everyone. I'd be surprised to see the same mental errors against Wisconsin.

Oh, and before you lay the MSU game out there remember this: THEY OUT TALENT US at almost every one on one battle.

This is interesting. I see a possible huge contradicition here. Let's talk about this. I've been under the notion since that game happened that Michigan St packed it in and let us back in that game. Ive had several folks call bullsh#t. That we just woke up. Now, if Michigan St out talents us in every position, how do we outscore them suddently 19-0 in a 10 minute stretch out of no where?

Just curious what you think of that night. Cuz the way football goes, when one team is dominating another so soundly as was Sparty that night, the only way a deficit that large is overcome in such a short time is due to a significant letdown.

Also, I truly believe that Nebraska is the 2nd most talented team in the Big Ten. But right now, we may very well be only the 4th best football team. Michigan St doesnt outtalent us. But they play sound football and do what they do.

Sker if we lose two out of the last three, or worse, hold on to your hat. And right now it looks very possible. It is not just about wins and losses. It is how you play. We wash and repeat the last two games against any of the three ahead of us, we will have major problems

You keep saying it won't happen. I have no idea if it will or not, but continuing the 9 win season indefinitely is going to change.

You really feel we are playing up to our abilities, both on the field and the coaching side. If so, then you have settled, because we can't get better. Losers normally make those claims. Last week was just like the McNeese State game. No secondary plan, just keep doing the same thing over and over.

I do not see us moving up in the poll, maybe drop behind Ohio State.

Im very nervous for the Wiscy game. Theyre gonna make us sit in base Defense and just try to outflank us. and I'm not sure our linebackers can handle that. Between Roach and Banderas, neither one has shown the full ability. And it's pretty clear Santos is still on one leg. He's a mere shadow of his Miami game self. These last two games were nice cuz we could hang out in nickel most of the time.

Minnesota just isnt what they were looking like they would end up being. I think we can handle them. But then there's that pesky Iowa, for numerous other reasons other than the simple fact that it's just Iowa gonna be Iowa.

Anyone thinking that any of the next three are slam dunks is dreaming. Not saying Nebraska can not win them, I think they can, but we have to play to a higher level than the past two games and 3/4 of the one before.

Lack of respect for your opponents has gotten this program in trouble before. Work is ahead of us. Doing with out or with an injured Ameer will be even tougher. I hope he is back, but doubt he will be full strength. I believe nothing this staff says about injuries. I just do not want him have the same situation that Rex and Taylor went through. No sker not saying they intentionally hurt kids, but I think they are quick to believe the warrior mentality, that all three have/had.

• Fire 1

Wisky and Nebraska are evenly matched in almost every way. Both have a damn good RB. Both have hot-and-cold QB situations. Actually give an edge to Nebraska. Wisky has a runner that's so-so and a passer that's so-so. Armstrong's passing isn't always spot on, but his run game and ball fakes are considerably better. Defenses appear to have some ability, but neither is great. Return games have some possibility on both sides. Kick game about equal.

Game is going to come down to a couple of factors really.

Can Nebraska stop Melvin from getting to the edge?

--And--

Can Nebraska avoid turnovers?

If the Huskers stop perimeter runs by MG and if they don't give the ball up with fumbles and picks.... Huskers win.