Brightside, if there is one to some of you....

We shouldn't have 3 or 4 wide receiver sets if the defense doesn't even need to cover more than one.

Every Husker fans knows this. Imagine if Beck would just tell TA, look left throw right. The DC's are telling their guys, whoever he looks at, jump the route. Hell, look left and then throw right would draw the safeties at a minimum and easily open up a guy for a double move and 6. Do this 2-3 times and again watch the DC's pull their guys out and make them stay more disciplined.....

We have no choice, but to keep the secondaries honest or we're screwed. One jumped route by Wisky will lead to an INT return which none of us want to see. They have a pretty decent safety, #7 I believe, who acts more like a LB from time to time as well. He'll be all over those routes, seems to be a ball hawk.

We shouldn't have 3 or 4 wide receiver sets if the defense doesn't even need to cover more than one.

Well he throws mainly to Bell and Westerkamp.............is there something I'm missing there?

Sadly, with Burtch and reilly out, who else have we had........What happened to Allen? Is he hurt?

Yep, lost him at the beginning of the year to an Achilles injury I believe?

Well he throws mainly to Bell and Westerkamp.............is there something I'm missing there?

Sadly, with Burtch and reilly out, who else have we had........What happened to Allen? Is he hurt?

Reilly and Allen were both out there, Reilly dropped two the early screen another in the third I believe Allen mostly on special teams, it would be nice to have an experienced guy like Turner out there

Yes. We should use a FB or a TE or both. Not have 3 or 4 WR who TA won't even look at.

Ah, okay, I get what you're saying now, makes perfect sense.

I'm okay with today's performance knowing that we have two weeks to get fully prepared for the biggest game to date since MSU. We won the game which keeps all our B1G championship goals in tact. That's the Brightside for me. An ugly game or domination did not matter to me going into the Purdue game. The win and keeping healthy did matter. So I'm now hoping AA is going to be AA-OK :)

BRI

I still say it is first time coach with way too much responsibility. He needs quality assistants, not friends. We see improvement when Bo puts his hands on the problem area, but he just can not do it all. He needs help. Two qualified coordinators would change this program and rapidly I think.

If he is going to call the defense, which I feel he does, why not a QB coach. I do not think we put the kids in the best position to win or improve, and you look at Bo and the look on his face after some of things that happen, Is like what in the F--- is going on!!!

I don't think we win out, we might just lose the rest if we play like we did today. I certainly hope not, but just too many turnovers, QB is not a division one QB as far as I am concerned. Great kid, a good leader, but does not have the skills to make the offense work on a regular basis.

For some winning is all that is important, but playing like we played today does not show improvement from the QB, steps back taken. We play like we did today against the next three, a lot will be calling for Bo's head again.

Spot on post. I like Bo. I think that Bo's inexperience led to pick inexperienced coordinators. As you said, and others have mentioned, when Bo puts his attention to it, things improve, especially when he has the right personnel. On O we have talent. Look at the records broke by KB and AA not to mention what Martinez accomplished, yet we continually failed to win a CCG, get to a BCS bowl and until TA win a bowl with Beck at the helm.........

If we play like we did today on O, we lose the next 3. IMO, its that simple. We continue to have TA sit back in the pocket ad expect him to go through reads we are doomed. If Beck stays at OC, I see no change. I didn't with Martinez (other than by his own efforts improved his QB play) and I don't expect it to change even if Fyfe or Stanton came in.

Sadly, IMO, we recruit kids for what Bo wants, but its not what Beck delivers. I really bought into the whole "we reviewed the past 12-18 months and threw out what didn't work" crap. BS. beck didn't throw out anything except the TE, FR and jumbo sets.

Every arm chair coach asks the same questions:

Why no diamond formation (more often) especially with teams keying on AA.

No misdirection.

No "trick plays save the DPE pass.

No real power.

No TE play (yes Carter is hurt), look at the top teams right now and look at their TE receptions.......Coincidence?

No having one play flow to the next or set something up.

Asking TA to do things he is incapable of

etc, etc, etc......

There is no way that TA can reliably hit the passes in practice (particularly the flats) and then crap the bed in game time. Beck wants those passes and by hell or high water TA will throw them.

Westy stated today that the INT's were on him. He ran the wrong routes. Really? The most sure handed, technically sound route runner ran the "wrong" routes or did he "read" a different route than TA? If TA can't look off a DB, progress through reads or not zero in on a receiver, IMO it is TA who is "reading" the D wrong, not Westy. A easy fix? Hell yea. Set routes. No option read and "seeing the same thing the qb sees crap". We have a QB who has passing issues, help him. In play"X", Westy will be at this spot or running this specific route. Limit the options, i.e. send 3, but only 2 are actual options etc.....Look left when planing to throw right. Its not friggin rocket science. Its a OC whose "smarter than everyone else"mentality is costing this team and possibly Bo his job.

best thing is for Kansas to call and bring the prodigal son home.

Cost Bo his job? Not even close to that happening.

Reilly and Allen were both out there, Reilly dropped two the early screen another in the third I believe Allen mostly on special teams, it would be nice to have an experienced guy like Turner out there

I stand corrected, what receiver did we lose at the beginning of the season to a knee or something?

I stand corrected, what receiver did we lose at the beginning of the season to a knee or something?

turner and burtch I believe, don't think burtch even suited up for a game
  • Fire 1

turner and burtch I believe, don't think burtch even suited up for a game

It was Turner I was thinking of, thanks for the info. :thumbs