Brightside, if there is one to some of you....

I'm hopeful that this game will be a wake up call for this team for the last three games. We started off so strong and we're playing very well, I thought, "Purdue's in some serious trouble!" Obviously things didn't go as well as we would like at least from the offensive side of things, but defensively we seemed to play well and the special teams played well as well.

So what's your opinion on this game as far as it pertains to the rest of the season and do you think it'll be a wake up call for Nebraska and remind them, the season isn't over, one game at a time, you control your destiny.

Honestly I thought Mcneese, Sparty, 1st half against NW, 2nd half against Rutgers was the wakeup call, but......

Last week Bo was very adament about the sloppy play on both sides of the ball, esp in regards to closing out the game, and yet this week not only was it the same loony tunes episode, but rather, we took 3 steps backwards, agianst worse competion.

And that fast start you mentioned was due to defense and special teams, which I've had zero complaints about today.

• Fire 7

Last week Bo was very adament about the sloppy play on both sides of the ball, esp in regards to closing out the game, and yet this week not only was it the same loony tunes episode, but rather, we took 3 steps backwards, agianst worse competion.

Except Purdue probably isn't worse than Rutgers. Their record claims they are, but their level of play over the last few weeks says they aren't.

BRI

I still say it is first time coach with way too much responsibility. He needs quality assistants, not friends. We see improvement when Bo puts his hands on the problem area, but he just can not do it all. He needs help. Two qualified coordinators would change this program and rapidly I think.

If he is going to call the defense, which I feel he does, why not a QB coach. I do not think we put the kids in the best position to win or improve, and you look at Bo and the look on his face after some of things that happen, Is like what in the F--- is going on!!!

I don't think we win out, we might just lose the rest if we play like we did today. I certainly hope not, but just too many turnovers, QB is not a division one QB as far as I am concerned. Great kid, a good leader, but does not have the skills to make the offense work on a regular basis.

For some winning is all that is important, but playing like we played today does not show improvement from the QB, steps back taken. We play like we did today against the next three, a lot will be calling for Bo's head again.

• Fire 1

BRI

I still say it is first time coach with way too much responsibility. He needs quality assistants, not friends. We see improvement when Bo puts his hands on the problem area, but he just can not do it all. He needs help. Two qualified coordinators would change this program and rapidly I think.

If he is going to call the defense, which I feel he does, why not a QB coach. I do not think we put the kids in the best position to win or improve, and you look at Bo and the look on his face after some of things that happen, Is like what in the F--- is going on!!!

I don't think we win out, we might just lose the rest if we play like we did today. I certainly hope not, but just too many turnovers, QB is not a division one QB as far as I am concerned. Great kid, a good leader, but does not have the skills to make the offense work on a regular basis.

For some winning is all that is important, but playing like we played today does not show improvement from the QB, steps back taken. We play like we did today against the next three, a lot will be calling for Bo's head again.

Completely agree with you, Bo needs to surround himself with good experienced coordinators or he'll find himself fired and that's unfortunate. I think he does a fine job with what he has, the talent level is rising, having good experienced coaches may be what we need to get over the hump. We could definitely lose the next three or win the next three, that's the problem though, I have no idea!

BRI

Spot on post. I like Bo. I think that Bo's inexperience led to pick inexperienced coordinators. As you said, and others have mentioned, when Bo puts his attention to it, things improve, especially when he has the right personnel. On O we have talent. Look at the records broke by KB and AA not to mention what Martinez accomplished, yet we continually failed to win a CCG, get to a BCS bowl and until TA win a bowl with Beck at the helm.........

If we play like we did today on O, we lose the next 3. IMO, its that simple. We continue to have TA sit back in the pocket ad expect him to go through reads we are doomed. If Beck stays at OC, I see no change. I didn't with Martinez (other than by his own efforts improved his QB play) and I don't expect it to change even if Fyfe or Stanton came in.

Sadly, IMO, we recruit kids for what Bo wants, but its not what Beck delivers. I really bought into the whole "we reviewed the past 12-18 months and threw out what didn't work" crap. BS. beck didn't throw out anything except the TE, FR and jumbo sets.

Every arm chair coach asks the same questions:

Why no diamond formation (more often) especially with teams keying on AA.

No misdirection.

No "trick plays save the DPE pass.

No real power.

No TE play (yes Carter is hurt), look at the top teams right now and look at their TE receptions.......Coincidence?

No having one play flow to the next or set something up.

Asking TA to do things he is incapable of

etc, etc, etc......

There is no way that TA can reliably hit the passes in practice (particularly the flats) and then crap the bed in game time. Beck wants those passes and by hell or high water TA will throw them.

Westy stated today that the INT's were on him. He ran the wrong routes. Really? The most sure handed, technically sound route runner ran the "wrong" routes or did he "read" a different route than TA? If TA can't look off a DB, progress through reads or not zero in on a receiver, IMO it is TA who is "reading" the D wrong, not Westy. A easy fix? Hell yea. Set routes. No option read and "seeing the same thing the qb sees crap". We have a QB who has passing issues, help him. In play"X", Westy will be at this spot or running this specific route. Limit the options, i.e. send 3, but only 2 are actual options etc.....Look left when planing to throw right. Its not friggin rocket science. Its a OC whose "smarter than everyone else"mentality is costing this team and possibly Bo his job.

best thing is for Kansas to call and bring the prodigal son home.

• Fire 1

I definitely agree TA HAS to stop staring the receivers down and go through his progressions. Isn't going to happen this season, maybe next season he'll have it figured out, but Purdue's secondary was all over him today and yes, he made some poor throws. We definitely need to play to his strengths and we don't do that unfortunately.