Path to the Top 4

Amac3309

Was thinking what would our path to the top 4 would look like, not all of this would have to happen but if it did I think we would be almost guaranteed a spot. We need a lot of help but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Kind of interesting to look at.

Miss St Win Out

Fla St L to Miami 11/15

Auburn L to Georgia 11/15, or Alabama 11/29

Oregon L to Utah 11/8

Alabama L to LSU 11/8, L to Miss St 11/15, Beat Auburn 11/29

TCU L to K State 11/8,

K State Beat TCU 11/8 L to W Virginia 11/20 or Baylor 12/6

Mich St L to Nebraska in B1G Champ Game

Ariz St L to Notre Dame 11/8, or L to Arizona 11/28

Notre Dame Beat ASU 11/8, L to USC 11/29, or L to Louisville 11/22

Ole Miss L to Miss St 11/29

Baylor L to Oklahoma 11/8 or L to K State 12/6

Nebraska WIN OUT

Ohio St L to Mich St Sat

So summarizing

Miss St 13-0 SEC CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Fla St 11-1 ACC CHAMPS

Auburn 10-2

Oregon 11-2 PAC 12 CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Alabama 10-2

TCU 10-2

K State 10-2 BIG 12 CHAMPS

Mich St 11-2

Ariz St 10-2

Notre Dame 10-2

Ole Miss 9-3

Baylor 10-2

Nebraska 12-1 B1G CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Who do you think the 4th team would be?

Also gives us something to root for or against each week!

• Fire 6

Was thinking what would our path to the top 4 would look like, not all of this would have to happen but if it did I think we would be almost guaranteed a spot. We need a lot of help but it isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Kind of interesting to look at.

Miss St Win Out

Fla St L to Miami 11/15

Auburn L to Georgia 11/15, or Alabama 11/29

Oregon L to Utah 11/8

Alabama L to LSU 11/8, L to Miss St 11/15, Beat Auburn 11/29

TCU L to K State 11/8,

K State Beat TCU 11/8 L to W Virginia 11/20 or Baylor 12/6

Mich St L to Nebraska in B1G Champ Game

Ariz St L to Notre Dame 11/8, or L to Arizona 11/28

Notre Dame Beat ASU 11/8, L to USC 11/29, or L to Louisville 11/22

Ole Miss L to Miss St 11/29

Baylor L to Oklahoma 11/8 or L to K State 12/6

Nebraska WIN OUT

Ohio St L to Mich St Sat

So summarizing

Miss St 13-0 SEC CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Fla St 11-1 ACC CHAMPS

Auburn 10-2

Oregon 11-2 PAC 12 CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Alabama 10-2

TCU 10-2

K State 10-2 BIG 12 CHAMPS

Mich St 11-2

Ariz St 10-2

Notre Dame 10-2

Ole Miss 9-3

Baylor 10-2

Nebraska 12-1 B1G CHAMPS (FINAL 4)

Who do you think the 4th team would be?

Also gives us something to root for or against each week!

I've been at work for 12 hours and my head exploded on my keyboard trying to follow that...ha! But just for arguments sake I'd say if that scenario plays out I'd give K-State the nod. They had Auburn on the ropes...with a decent FG kicker they win that game.

I think as long as MSU wins out and we win our next three plus beating them in the title game we can get in. With Wisconsin being ranked when we play them that will help. Plus the TCU vs KSU, Egg Bowl, Iron Bowl, LSU vs Bama games should all help sort out the congestion at the top.

Edit: I keep forgetting about Notre Dame. USC could go ahead and knock them off so I can officially omit them from the playoff.

I think as long as MSU wins out and we win our next three plus beating them in the title game we can get in. With Wisconsin being ranked when we play them that will help. Plus the TCU vs KSU, Egg Bowl, Iron Bowl, LSU vs Bama games should all help sort out the congestion at the top.

Edit: I keep forgetting about Notre Dame. USC could go ahead and knock them off so I can officially omit them from the playoff.

Would also be amazing for Miami to beat fla St, would help us a ton

Would also be amazing for Miami to beat fla St, would help us a ton

If that could happen in the regular season we would look alot more attractive. If Miami could somehow pull off a conference title win........

We win the B1G, I don't think we aren't in the discussion.

Kinda have to be. The biggest threats to our chances at 12-1 as B1G champs would be: TCU or KSU Big 12 Champ, Notre Dame, Second SEC Team

It's a forgone conclusion the SEC Champ gets in as well as Oregon and FSU should they win their conferences.

Thanks for doing all that work, but the reality is, we finish 11-1, Big Ten Champions, we're getting into the inaugural Playoffs. The people on that committee understand politics, and college football is all about two things today: Money and politics.

An 11-1 Big Ten champion, whether it's us, Ohio State or Michigan State, makes that final group of four. There may be howls of protest from the Washington Post to the Los Angeles Times but it won't matter. Those first two games will almost certainly feature an SEC Champ, a Big Ten champ, the PAC-12 Champ, and whichever fourth team is generating the most buzz at the moment who has an even remotely decent resume.

They want this thing to be successful. Success won't be measured by any other metric than TV sets tuned to games. Period, end of story, good night, see ya later.

That scenario will get the most viewers, the most eyeballs, the most "buzz." Also the most money, which won't hurt one bit

• Fire 1

We win the B1G, I don't think we aren't in the discussion.

I disagree if Oregon, and Notre Dame win out.

May find the Big12 Champ out too.

Can we merge this with my original thread "Playoff picture"?

Oregon seems to shoot themselves in the foot every year and give up their chance. Until they prove differently, I think they do it again at some point.

• Fire 2

Thanks for doing all that work, but the reality is, we finish 11-1, Big Ten Champions, we're getting into the inaugural Playoffs. The people on that committee understand politics, and college football is all about two things today: Money and politics.

An 11-1 Big Ten champion, whether it's us, Ohio State or Michigan State, makes that final group of four. There may be howls of protest from the Washington Post to the Los Angeles Times but it won't matter. Those first two games will almost certainly feature an SEC Champ, a Big Ten champ, the PAC-12 Champ, and whichever fourth team is generating the most buzz at the moment who has an even remotely decent resume.

They want this thing to be successful. Success won't be measured by any other metric than TV sets tuned to games. Period, end of story, good night, see ya later.

That scenario will get the most viewers, the most eyeballs, the most "buzz." Also the most money, which won't hurt one bit

First bolded:

I disagree Knapp. We can finish at 13-1 with a loss to MSU. How would we jump any of: Miss St, FSU, Auburn, Oregon, Notre Dame, or TCU?

Second bolded:

They better not, because if it is, then why are we playing games in the first place? I understand this attitude but I really don't think that is how it will be done. Why? Because people love football. It doesn't matter who is in. Whether its Nebraska or Notre Dame coming down as the last 2 spots. This is not a regional sport anymore, and the access to getting knowledge on every team is ridiculous now days.

If this was the 90's I would agree with you.

I think there are a minimum of 6 teams and possibly 8-9 teams ahead of us that control their own destiny and even if we win out it won't matter, we aren't jumping 4-5 teams the last week just because of the championship game